* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Shiny Pokemon Quest!  (Read 13883 times)

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The Shiny Pokemon Quest!
« on: February 10, 2010, 10:42:53 PM »
When you enter a pokemon center (I'll leave it to the PU team to choose the location of where), and as you go up to the desk a scientist who apparently works for the professor who gave you your first pokemon has an invitation for you...

recently, a man who has washed up on the shores of this land after being shipwrecked on an Island for 6 years has spoke with scientists that the Island he was stranded on was home to some very strange pokemon (no not as in new pokemon), all the pokemon on that Island were shiny pokemon!  Most of the scientists who heard the castaway's story said he was crazy in the head for living alone so long.  however the professor and a small hand full of his aids found reference to such an Island in a book of southern native legends, where pokemon that shone like the stars (later known as shiny pokemon) were worshiped as deities by the tribes of Islands north of this one and they believed it to be the gates to the spirit realm, the only other people to set foot on that Island were tribal Shamans during their initiation to that status who were to go and seek knowledge at these spirit realm gates.

the Professor who gave you your first pokemon has invited you and several other trainers who have exceptional talent to join him and his research team on an expedition to this Island with a modern shaman as a guide.  You are free to catch any pokemon on this Island that you wish.  and the people of this tribe would consider you among the heroes of their tribe, for in their belief one to catch one of these "star-shine" pokemon as they call them is destined for great things!

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
Re: The Shiny Pokemon Quest!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 10:50:42 PM »
This is a good idea, but you should change the reward. It would make it way too easy to get shiny pokemon and they would no longer be rare...

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 01:06:03 AM »
Yeah awesome idea, I can't remember if they said shinies were in the cards or not.
Maybe the pokemon flee and the quest unlocks a low encounter rate in the rest of the region or the professor gives you a pokedex program that can detect them in Miryus.

Then again I don't know if they're planning to do achievements that raise trainer rank/ level and 'Encountering/ Battling a Shiny Pokemon is one of them'.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »
This is a good idea, but you should change the reward. It would make it way too easy to get shiny pokemon and they would no longer be rare...

I agree, an island filled with shiny pokemon is too easy. Unless it's an island that's really hard to get to, and when you do get there, the rate of actually encountering one of these pokemon was really low.

Otherwise shiny pokemon aren't going to be worth showing off in an MMO, and everyone will try to get one.

Offline dtp882

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 05:22:33 AM »
Maybe it could have a very low encounter rate of only shiny Pokémon and be timed or step counted like the Safari Zone. After you are there for the time limit/step count, you are asked to leave for disrupting the island by the Northern Tribes. That way you have a chance to get one but its too limited to make it over used or special.

---Danny

Offline crazy1native

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 05:54:16 AM »
its a good idea. but to make it seem fair. i would try letting the trainer catch one shiny pokemon only. every regional pokemon would be in them. like an area for kanto,johto,hoenn,sinnoh.
minus legendary pokemon. so you could pick your favorite pokemon you would want as a shiny.
Eh. Metallica

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:53:33 PM »
after reading all the so-far comments on my Idea, I've come up with the following improvements to my concept:

1. the pokemon on this Island are harder to capture than usual

2.  after the boat lands on the Island, and while the researchers are setting up their equipment the professor speaks to you and the other trainers he has gathered explaining the reason for this expedition: he and a few colleagues have been developing a device for detecting and and locating Shiny pokemon, he gives each trainer he has gathered the device and tells them to split up and explore the Island trying to use the device to see if it works.

3. once you're able to capture a shiny pokemon, (good luck with that) bring it back to camp and show it to the professor and his team.  once you do so, the shaman guide who is on the team because they're on his people's sacred ground and he's keeping an eye on them, comes foreword and asks that the trainers gathered would join him and his tribe at a sacred gathering tonight.

4. like said in the original plan: capturing one of the pokemon from the island of the "Spirit world Door" makes the trainer considered one of the heroes of their people and this gathering is basically an initiation into the ranks of their history's heroes, after the Initiation (I'll post the script for the initiation ceremony later) the Shaman declares you have access to the Island once a week  where you can go back and capture more pokemon if you wish, plus, should you need aid in any group quests you are to go on, you can return to the village and (if you don't have a group at this time) assemble a team from the village trainers for they will be willing to aid one of their heroes in a time of need

I hope you liked my improvements and look foreword to hearing your further comments on this matter, until then may you blessed be

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »
Sound pretty cool, that item the professor gives you could be the 'ShinyDex' or something.

I had a brainstorm, maybe you can only use the shiny pokemon on the island and have to give them back when you leave but there's a guy that gives them back to you when you next come to the island.

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 10:58:08 PM »
ehh... I know it would be a lot easier to catch shiny pokemon this way, but I said in my improvements that the pokemon would be harder to catch, in other words: weaken them down A LOT and Lob multiple ultra balls or something at them hard!

and the tribe would think that you would deserve to keep the pokemon as sign that you're a hero of their people

Offline crazy1native

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »
I had a brainstorm, maybe you can only use the shiny pokemon on the island and have to give them back when you leave but there's a guy that gives them back to you when you next come to the island.
how about you have to give the shiny to the professor. he will then keep it for now. once you finish the gyms he will give it to you.
Eh. Metallica

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 06:46:30 PM »
how about you have to give the shiny to the professor. he will then keep it for now. once you finish the gyms he will give it to you.

That's a possibility

Offline duotent

• Beginning Trainer
  • its my job to annoy and joke around on IRC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2010, 05:13:57 AM »
how about they apear on all of the islands but they only appear if you have seen its type before for example if you have seen a shiny rapidash and only that then only rapidash will appear as shiny but at a low rate and maybe a cave in the middle of the island were you can change a normal pokemon to shiny but it has to be able to evolve and becomes shiny in evolution but you can only do it if u have a special item and it disapears after every use and you only get it by gifts or deafeat legendaries on other islands
(POKEMON CHAOS) Eevee:tackle, quick attack, dig, shadow ball
(A RANDOM POKEMON RP)ponyta:growl
(NEW Generation)gyarados:splash tackle
allmy roleplay charcters and there attacks plus the rp thir for

Offline crazy1native

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 06:47:21 AM »
how about they apear on all of the islands but they only appear if you have seen its type before for example if you have seen a shiny rapidash and only that then only rapidash will appear as shiny but at a low rate and maybe a cave in the middle of the island were you can change a normal pokemon to shiny but it has to be able to evolve and becomes shiny in evolution but you can only do it if u have a special item and it disapears after every use and you only get it by gifts or deafeat legendaries on other islands

that seems kinda confusing to me.but maybe.
Eh. Metallica

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 04:06:43 PM »

you just made it extremely complicated and random...

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »
the cave concept to transform a pokemon into a shiny pokemon is a possibility, maybe a ritual presided over by the shaman and his aids to do it, kinda like the ritual style of my kind (wicca) I'll do a little research and come up with a format for it if anyone is interested to see it