* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Shiny Pokemon Quest!  (Read 13882 times)

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: The Shiny Pokemon Quest!
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
Sounds good, except for the fact that you can come to catch more... Something bugs me here. Well, until I find something more interesting to suggest, it's a good quest.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »
hey, I'm always open to suggestions, but flames go to cook my cheezburgers! :P

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »
Not really a quest but more an event which takes place once a year. Where the best (or what ever) 10? trainers can join the professor to that special island to catch some shiny Pokémon, where they may keep 1 when leaving the island.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Darien

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2010, 08:31:58 PM »
What if you went there and the tribe only allowed you to take one of the shiny Pokemon with you. 

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
Best 10... These kind of things allways make feel uneasy inside...  :-[
Maybe there should be a contest to chose the 10 (I wish there would be more) best players to join proffesor... As for idea - everyone keep 1 shiny Pokemon is great, but make shure there isn't 30 diffret pokemon in one little erea, that would make the one you want to catch unpossible to finde (some people are picky about the gender to) How about catch as much as you want, but teake only 1, that would be fair to chose from. The other option is the cave, the same as before, just with no catching, you simply pick pokemon, wich you want to be shiny. Still it would make the event less exciting... :-\ Anyway... an island full of shiny pokemon is a must have in game!!!
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2010, 11:11:41 PM »
After reading the recent posts since I last posted revisions, how about this:

1. the tribe lets the research team and one trainer onto the Island once a year.

2. to select the trainer to go with the team, the tribe holds a tournament inviting trainers recommended by the league for their accomplishments such as bigger quests such as helping Brutal five member in dealing with a problem of sorts or other various quests that have caught the attention of the league organization. 

3. the tournament is held once a year so to get on the action you'd best win!

Offline Flawless

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2010, 12:52:47 AM »
Not really a quest but more an event which takes place once a year. Where the best (or what ever) 10? trainers can join the professor to that special island to catch some shiny Pokémon, where they may keep 1 when leaving the island.

I don't like the idea of 1 year. I think it's too long in my opinion. 3-4 months would be better. This is just my opinion.
If tomatoe is a fruit would ketchup be a jam?

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2010, 01:03:19 AM »

I don't like the idea of 1 year. I think it's too long in my opinion. 3-4 months would be better. This is just my opinion.
[/quote]

okay scratch that, once on each of the solstices and equinoxes like the pagan/wiccan solar festivals and the top 3 will get to go and capture 1 pokemon each but you have until sundown to capture one (if time of day & night is featured in the game) if you fail to capture one you have to return to the beeches where the researchers observe the shaman guide as he does what he came to the island for.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 02:36:26 AM »
lol it went from being easy to get to almost impossible.

Anyways here's my suggestion. instead of only 10 people being chosen, it should be like 30-50 people out of everyone in the game, but only half of those people leave with a shiny pokemon.

and that's if it's going to be once every year.

If it's going to be a monthly thing, then of course less people should be picked to go :]

I mean 25 people leaving with shiny pokemon; i still feel like this pokemon would be amazingly rare to the thousands of players who don't have one xD

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
You have to know, there are 2260 members, and after the game acually starts, there are probably gonna be more thean 5000. Imagine, that only 1 peson out of 5000 and more gets a shiny pokemon...  :-\ You see, if there's gonna be only 1 or 10 players, then the best 10 or 20 will keep winning and getting shinies, while other 4980 players will never get a chance. The shiny tunament should be once on 2, 3 or more months, not only oance a year. There should be (like Phosphorous said) around 30 - 50 best trainers going to island, haveing 24h to catch as much shinies as they like, but leaving with one (not till the sundown, some pokemon are active only in night). And everyone would get to keep one!! Even if there is 50 people (since the site is growing, there should be around 30 players to start with, but number will increase with more users) getting shinies every two months, SHINY POKEMON WOULD STLL BE REARE, but not UNPOSSIBLE to get!!
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2010, 01:33:28 PM »
I'm talking about the top X (can be any number) players of the server, PU might have over9000 members but they won't be playing on the same server. And it doesn't have to be the top players they can also be chosen randomly (lottery?).

Just some thoughts.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2010, 03:13:44 PM »
I'm talking about the top X (can be any number) players of the server, PU might have over9000 members but they won't be playing on the same server. And it doesn't have to be the top players they can also be chosen randomly (lottery?).

Just some thoughts.

I like the idea of an annual event (every 6-8 months is good too). Im not really sure whats amazing about a shiny poke but I do know that they are extremely rare and shiny. Everyone that's posted seem to fancy the thrill of the sight of one, so why not make the island accessible for 100 (or even 151 to honor the originals) players and, as Phosporus suggested, make it so that only a very small percentage (15-25) that would be able to leave with one shiny.

I would assume, as an exclusive island that there would be a high possibility of exclusive content. That way, not leaving with a shiny won't be too too bad.

And as Mr_Dark suggested, making the process random would add to the fun. Access to the boat, that reaches the island, can be granted by presenting a Golden Ticket (possibly? Willy Wonka Style)

The ticket would be extremely rare (limited to 151 or set number of allowed players) and could be acquired by poke' loot, random egg (it would hatch as the event time nears), and giving the player the option to buy scratch-off tix in the marts (they would sell for relatively cheap and the odds of getting one would be slightly better than randomly stumbling across a ticket).

The player could either get lucky playing the game or buying their way in. This method would cater to the trainers, egg hunters and the rich.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:16:04 PM by ghostman50 »
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2010, 03:24:17 PM »
Okay, the reason I chose to have the tournament on the solstices and the equinoxes is to make it seem more symbolic, like that is when the gate to the spirit world is thin (gets a brain-wave here)

What about this Idea, how about you're clear to go to the Island at any time, however normal transport is closed off to the public on the solstices because that is when the shiny pokemon appear and only the top 15 trainers of the tournament can enter (to give players a bit more of a chance t going)

hope to hear the responses to what I have here and until then may you blessed be

Offline crazy1native

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 04:20:18 PM »
that seems to unfair if only the top 15 can go. i like the lottery idea. instead of 6-8 months try every two months. 30 trainers maximum, but you have to buy lottery tickets. and you have a time limit so you have too act fast on making your shiny choice/capture. if you capture one shiny you wont be able to buy another ticket for 6 months.
Eh. Metallica

Offline Janus

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 06:27:37 PM »
that seems to unfair if only the top 15 can go. i like the lottery idea. instead of 6-8 months try every two months. 30 trainers maximum, but you have to buy lottery tickets. and you have a time limit so you have too act fast on making your shiny choice/capture. if you capture one shiny you wont be able to buy another ticket for 6 months.

the Idea of the Tournament being on the solstices & equinox is essential to the back story of the quest, for example the Island is in line directly with the rising sun in the west, essentially the natives to the area believed that the sun came from the spirit realm, which was across the sea, and the Island was the gateway to that realm.  and they used the Island to tell when winter was coming or leaving,  essentially the tournament became a kind of solar festival and it was tradition on the solstices for the shaman and a group of (in ancient times) warriors wanting to prove themselves, or (nowadays) trainers who desire to seek out new wonders of the pokemon world.  with them come a few scientist to examine the Island.  The shaman's job there was to welcome the return of the sun or bid it farewell as it descends into the spirit realm for winter. the trainers were permitted time to catch one pokemon from the Island each and they had until the sun touches the peak of the mountain, if they hadn't caught the pokemon during that time, they'll have to wait to the next solstice, on the equinoxes, that is a time when the shaman goes takes his apprentice on his spiritual journey of initiation, during this time, the trainers have unitl the light of the peak shines over the sea, that's a little of the backstory of the beliefs of the tribe, I hope this has been enlightening, until I see more comments, may you all blessed be