* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Spiritomb Over powered  (Read 16376 times)

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
Re: Spiritomb Over powered
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 03:27:52 AM »
It can make a nice spcl wall after the balance tho. they turned it into a freaking noctowl..... but anyway what i do with stats meowth is compare them to other pokemon who have the same type. i dont care about move pools i care about strong stats and that is never gonna change if they have no stats whats the point in using them. The only tim,e i dont look at stats is when i raise a pokemon who supports/henders teams....then again thats still not true cuz then i get the fastest supporter/hender possible to get. Say what you want stats are everything to me.

Thats y im having problems on the pu server cuz the ones who were good just arent really that good on it, they've been slightly altered and it shows in battles dragonites aqua jet does like no damage now so to me he is now usless... and i have to find something to replace it with. My whole team got weaker now to make a mono flying team i probably would use pidgeot as a speacial wall if it turns out better than togekiss whom stats i havent checked yet. Anyway it's like i have to relearn pokemon and from what i've learned so far i usnderstand y Roloc dont lose his whole team of pokemon got boosted too much there is no balamnce in a cater pie 20 points faster than a garchomp hows that balance. now we got caterpies walking around ohkoing garchomps with out  using quiver dance bugs became beastie in this pu server. and bug mono was already one of the best mono teams u could make.

I thought you said you were going to work on your grammar because it makes you look like an idiot? Because it does.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 04:10:21 AM »
It can make a nice special wall after the balance. They turned it into a freaking Noctowl. What I do with stats, meowth, is compare them to other pokemon who have the same type [to see what is reasonable]. I dont care about move pools, I care about strong stats, and that is never going to change. If they have [poor] stats, what is the point in using them. The only time I don't look at stats is when I raise a pokemon who supports/hinders teams,[while figuring out which one has better speed to support]. Say what you want, stats are everything to me.

That's why im having problems on the PU server, because the ones who were good just aren't really that good [anymore], they've been slightly altered, and it shows in battles. Dragonites Aqua Jet does [little] damage now, so to me, he is useless. My whole team [became] weaker now and to make a mono flying team, I probably would use Pidgeot as a speacial wall if it turns out better than Togekiss.

[On another note] it's like I have to relearn pokemon, [the new system is tough to grasp]. now we got [Butterfrees] walking around ohkoing garchomps without using Quiver Dance. Bugs became [better] in this PU server, and bug mono was already one of the best mono teams you could make.

Only because it must be done. This will make it easier for future people to read.

On this, think about what you're saying, or a bout to write. It's not that any pokemon became horrible, the ones that are balenced now have a chance to fair against them, but even then, they all have weaknesses. Their stat spreads make sense for each one of them, and do have its flaws. That's why we're helping with the public testing, to find anything that can be considered OP, but Bugs are not OP, most of them got a boost for a reason, and some got nerfed as well. Roloc has been doing this a while, 6 years? IN any case, he is a veteran battler (not like the game) who will always be a challenge, and I have beaten him on a couple occasions. And Noah is right, stats are not the only thing you should take into consideration. Some abilities and moves make up for the stats if you know how. You wonder why you're losing all the time because you refuse to take everything into consideration. You don't even want to try the new pokemon sets, or even contribute to the testing, all you do is complain how your team is not good, your pokemon got lame. Here is what I suggest for you, shut up, and play, figure it out, and you will be fine. I am annoyed by the fact that all you do is complain, as well as  annoyed by the fact that you refuse to use proper grammar. I had to spell check your entire post, and I omitted parts that were just plain rantings, or just unintelligent altogether.

Back on the topic, please. This is about spiritomb, and this had to be said.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 04:36:20 AM »
So Mr.Cortex said exactly what I wanted to say...only a bit nicer xD

In anycase! A baton-passed Spiritomb without a sub should be paralyzed asap. This makes it much easier to take down. A non baton-passed Spiritomb can be taken down by any strong physical attack but you must be cautious of getting burned from Will-o-Wisp. Steel types wall Spiritomb to oblivion if they can avoid getting burned. 

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2011, 04:49:37 AM »
Technically, it would be Mr. J, but that name is copyright of DC.

But yeah, Spiritomb may have nice defenses, but it can't take too may physical hits for long. I know, lost mine with the stat increases, but someone put it to sleep, then kept hitting it until it fainted.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2011, 07:00:25 AM »
It can make a nice special wall after the balance. They turned it into a freaking Noctowl. What I do with stats, meowth, is compare them to other pokemon who have the same type [to see what is reasonable]. I dont care about move pools, I care about strong stats, and that is never going to change. If they have [poor] stats, what is the point in using them. The only time I don't look at stats is when I raise a pokemon who supports/hinders teams,[while figuring out which one has better speed to support]. Say what you want, stats are everything to me.

That's why im having problems on the PU server, because the ones who were good just aren't really that good [anymore], they've been slightly altered, and it shows in battles. Dragonites Aqua Jet does [little] damage now, so to me, he is useless. My whole team [became] weaker now and to make a mono flying team, I probably would use Pidgeot as a speacial wall if it turns out better than Togekiss.

[On another note] it's like I have to relearn pokemon, [the new system is tough to grasp]. now we got [Butterfrees] walking around ohkoing garchomps without using Quiver Dance. Bugs became [better] in this PU server, and bug mono was already one of the best mono teams you could make.

Only because it must be done. This will make it easier for future people to read.

On this, think about what you're saying, or a bout to write. It's not that any pokemon became horrible, the ones that are balenced now have a chance to fair against them, but even then, they all have weaknesses. Their stat spreads make sense for each one of them, and do have its flaws. That's why we're helping with the public testing, to find anything that can be considered OP, but Bugs are not OP, most of them got a boost for a reason, and some got nerfed as well. Roloc has been doing this a while, 6 years? IN any case, he is a veteran battler (not like the game) who will always be a challenge, and I have beaten him on a couple occasions. And Noah is right, stats are not the only thing you should take into consideration. Some abilities and moves make up for the stats if you know how. You wonder why you're losing all the time because you refuse to take everything into consideration. You don't even want to try the new pokemon sets, or even contribute to the testing, all you do is complain how your team is not good, your pokemon got lame. Here is what I suggest for you, shut up, and play, figure it out, and you will be fine. I am annoyed by the fact that all you do is complain, as well as  annoyed by the fact that you refuse to use proper grammar. I had to spell check your entire post, and I omitted parts that were just plain rantings, or just unintelligent altogether.

Back on the topic, please. This is about spiritomb, and this had to be said.

This, makes all the sense in the world.  I'm impressed that even Cortex has become annoyed.

Well anyway, under the new balance server all pokemon have a chance.  So some were nerfed and some were boosted.  Please do us all a favor and get over it.

If you don't like it then leave.  You will not be missed.

Well anyway.  I'm sorry, but spiritomb is not OP in any way.  He's just a wall, and well walls are annoying.  Physical attackers can take him out.  It's just another reason that your team should carry both special and physical attackers.