* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Legendary Encounters  (Read 6508 times)

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
Legendary Encounters
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »
Just so no one starts thinking I want Legendaries to be caught.. I don't. I've been here long enough to know they're not gonna be and I've accepted that.
But I still got this little suggestion, if you guys haven't already found out what to do with them.

In other MMORPGs, and yes, I'm referring to those like WoW, LotRO... uh... yeah.
Dungeons... Instances.
You know... Like with Ho-oh and Lugia. Make a Instance/Dungeon like Burning Tower and Whirlpool Island, where powerful Pokemon reside. In the end of these Dungeons, the Legendary Pokemon wait for the Trainers to fight them. These will be extremely powerful, so you will either need a extremely powerful team, or you can team up with other trainers (2 or 3?) to gain more power to fight.
If you lose, well, you end up on the nearest Poke Center or outside the Dungeon entrance (would be nice with a entrance you can find in the world). If you win, you get more EXP than you would in a normal fight and some rare, powerful items ^^ Like Sacred Ash, Master Ball or something like that...

They will of course not be able to be caught because of some mysterious power preventing it. Same with all pokemons in these dungeons... They're protected from Pokeball technology or something...

Now I don't know much about the other Legendaries and where they reside in the games, but Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos could reside on different mountains. Deoxys could for example be near a Crater or something. Groudon and Kyogre could be in underground dungeons near a Volcano and the Sea...
And even though this Island we are gonna play on are not on charts or anything... If there is a possibilty that humans may have lived there once long ago, temples for Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom and Reshiram

Just a suggestion anyway. If it's to hard to make, it just is. Nothing to do about that ^^ Not much into programming myself, so I don't know how hard it is for pros ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 11:07:21 AM by TheSolx »

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Encounters
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:07:55 PM »
 Legendaries are reserved for Quests and Events if I remember correctly. An event could turn out to be an Instance/Dungeon every once in a while, but don't worry, there are plans to use Legendaries. :)
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 12:21:40 PM »
Legendaries are reserved for Quests and Events if I remember correctly. An event could turn out to be an Instance/Dungeon every once in a while, but don't worry, there are plans to use Legendaries. :)

This is correct.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Robinson3938

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 10:08:20 PM »
That sounds like a really cool idea, as well as a way to create something that can be done in groups.
Click on my Pokemon.

Offline Dkiddeh

• Beginning Trainer
  • Suicune <3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 02:03:49 PM »
it will be hardcore to achieve my goal. wich is complete the pokedex.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 03:11:41 PM »
Let's say these dungeons have some kind of magnetic field that results in technology failure. (which also can be the reason why they can't be found so easily since the places that are supposed to be located can't be with technology)

I say a maximum of three trainers at a time against a legendary pokémon with the 3v3 battle system such as in B&W. However, the legendary pokémon just on it's own or with two other pokémon it befriended in the dungeon.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 02:47:45 PM »
it will be hardcore to achieve my goal. wich is complete the pokedex.
Which Pokemon Trainer does NOT have that goal? :D
But it makes me think... how can we complete it without being able to catch it (Legendaries)? Maybe Mr.Dark and the gang have though about it too, but I'm thinking we get data like in the games when we encounter them, not needing to catch them. At least for these uncatchable pokes :)

Let's say these dungeons have some kind of magnetic field that results in technology failure. (which also can be the reason why they can't be found so easily since the places that are supposed to be located can't be with technology)

I say a maximum of three trainers at a time against a legendary pokémon with the 3v3 battle system such as in B&W. However, the legendary pokémon just on it's own or with two other pokémon it befriended in the dungeon.

I was thinking to make the Legendaries like the Elites in WoW. Lots of HP, lots of Damage. A real tough nut. So you would actually need a team to defeat it.
But the idea about having a couple of other Pokemon with it sounds cool too. Kinda like in Golden Sun, where the Bosses have weaker allies with them to make it harder... Though those Bosses usually had less HP and Attack than Solo Bosses :1
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:51:49 PM by TheSolx »

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Normal Trainer
  • Sleepy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 03:19:17 PM »
Pretty good idea i think. But if legendaries would be in events this is not nesesery.
But the idea to battle legendaries that way would be good.

Offline Dkiddeh

• Beginning Trainer
  • Suicune <3
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 03:23:53 PM »
Pretty good idea i think. But if legendaries would be in events this is not nesesery.
But the idea to battle legendaries that way would be good.

indeed, well events is not a bad idea either if you ask me.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »
But it makes me think... how can we complete it without being able to catch it (Legendaries)?

I don't have that goal + I think the Pokedex adds some basic ideas for encountering a Pokémon :D
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 10:48:20 AM »
But it makes me think... how can we complete it without being able to catch it (Legendaries)?

I don't have that goal + I think the Pokedex adds some basic ideas for encountering a Pokémon :D

I don't have that goal
I don't have that goal

Yes, I do post too many memes