* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Skyrim Thread!  (Read 22262 times)

Offline loudskies

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
The Skyrim Thread!
« on: November 15, 2011, 03:13:06 AM »
Wassup all my friends from Skyrim? Loud here, representing the Empire, and I have one thing to say;

Death to the Stormcloak Rebellion!

Yeah, I said it.

Don't worry, if you joined Stormcloak, we still love you, because in Skyrim, we have equal rights to say what we want, even if we are completely wrong. <3 Why do we have this right? because of the Empire!

:)

P.S, Discuss Skyrim.

Maddie: My Roleplay Character:

Sprite borrowed from Nerya on Deviant art!

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
Re: The Skyrim Thread!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:37:25 AM »
Well, what is there to discuss.   This game is amazing.  The world is beautiful.  The combat is solid.  The story demands attention.  Aaaand fighting dragons is chansey fun as hell.

On a side note, as with all bethesda games I've found a glitch or two.  The one that actually annoyed me was the never disappearing arrow one.  I had an arrow lodged in my head for about 4 hours, until eventually it vanished.  It was kinda funny though.

Oh and Dark elves FTW!  (They resist fire and dragons breathe it.)

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 08:45:57 AM »
So many epic moments in Skyrim already. The tower where you fight your first dragon has become something of a personal deathground for me. I always lure the giants and mammoth I fight to that tower in order to battle them with the tactical advantage of having a corridor I can escape into where their big frames can't follow me...it works great for me, but I think the guards there really hate me...I mean the ones that haven't already been killed by the countless mammoth and giants I'm responsible for bringing there everyday.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 08:59:43 AM by BrodyMason »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 01:59:05 PM »
Well, what is there to discuss.   This game is amazing.  The world is beautiful.  The combat is solid.  The story demands attention.  Aaaand fighting dragons is chansey fun as hell.

On a side note, as with all bethesda games I've found a glitch or two.  The one that actually annoyed me was the never disappearing arrow one.  I had an arrow lodged in my head for about 4 hours, until eventually it vanished.  It was kinda funny though.

Oh and Dark elves FTW!  (They resist fire and dragons breathe it.)
Maybe they're trying to be a bit more realistic. I mean, if you actually got an arrow lodged in your head, I'm pretty sure you would have to pull it out, it wouldn't just disappear after a few minutes  :P

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 03:28:40 PM »
SKYRIM GOES HARD OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i bought it on the 12th and up till today i've only played twice but its way fun and im not very far lol
i let burning rose play and she got lost on the way to white run and ran into some place with a bunch of angry ppl some guy on the game said to her

"you picked the wrong place to get lost my girl" then he ran up  to her with a two handed sword...of course her bow was out so she popped two in his head...end of that story
she can shoot and sneak alittle but rose cant fight melee to save her life she died like 3 times already and still aint at white run....which we just found out she passed...

anyway i need help where do i find the dragon stone or whatever ffor that man in whiterun?
he told me some place that starts with a B but that place isnt on any of the road signs? I dont believe he gave me a direction to go but my friends little brother insisted on talking over the tv while the guy was explaining what to do...i have to find anotyher place to play skyrim cuz the kid simply wont shut up or get out and its hard to listen while he sits there talking about how boring skyrim is "this game is boring lets play wrestling i wanna be john cena and and and(yeah even worse he studders and has asthma and repeats himself)this game is boring lets play wrestling i wanna be john cena and and and im gon-gona do my finisher on you.and and and then then i i im gonna pin  you and then then im imma im- gonna win" he soooooo [spoiler]chansey ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]
Rakia(Ra-kie-ya) Deadae(D-A-day)
"I came to win, to fight, to conquer, to thrive!
I came to win, to survive, to prosper, to rise...
To fly!"

Offline Burning Roses

• Beginning Trainer
  • I should revenge the fallen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 04:57:32 PM »
yeah deadae you got more exp than i do and it not my fault everybody want to fight me because i kill a poor chicken

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 01:43:00 AM »
Skyrim? chansey yeah!  Dark elves are boss, and map is amazing! Though I haven't had much chance to play, so I'm not very far.
sup

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 03:02:10 AM »
SKYRIM GOES HARD OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i bought it on the 12th and up till today i've only played twice but its way fun and im not very far lol
i let burning rose play and she got lost on the way to white run and ran into some place with a bunch of angry ppl some guy on the game said to her

"you picked the wrong place to get lost my girl" then he ran up  to her with a two handed sword...of course her bow was out so she popped two in his head...end of that story
she can shoot and sneak alittle but rose cant fight melee to save her life she died like 3 times already and still aint at white run....which we just found out she passed...

anyway i need help where do i find the dragon stone or whatever ffor that man in whiterun?
he told me some place that starts with a B but that place isnt on any of the road signs? I dont believe he gave me a direction to go but my friends little brother insisted on talking over the tv while the guy was explaining what to do...i have to find anotyher place to play skyrim cuz the kid simply wont shut up or get out and its hard to listen while he sits there talking about how boring skyrim is "this game is boring lets play wrestling i wanna be john cena and and and(yeah even worse he studders and has asthma and repeats himself)this game is boring lets play wrestling i wanna be john cena and and and im gon-gona do my finisher on you.and and and then then i i im gonna pin  you and then then im imma im- gonna win" he soooooo [spoiler]chansey ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!![/spoiler]

talk to the merchant in riverwood, and his sister will guide you in the direction of the place you need to go.

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2011, 07:16:32 PM »
thanks
To fly!"

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 05:32:57 AM »
THE EMPIRE IS CRUMBLING AND SKYRIM SHOULD GOVERN ITSELF BUT WITHOUT ULFRIC STORMCLOAK AS KING

(sorry for all caps accidentally pressed caps lock)
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline St. Jimmy

• Normal Trainer
  • "I'm doing stuff, Hershel. Thaanggss."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
I think I came across some kinda glitch when I was playing the other day.  I looked up in the sky and I thought I saw what looked like a key, just hovering in the air.  I tried to grab it, but I couldn't.  I then realized that it was floating up into the atmosphere, away from the ground, not going sideways, just up.  I shot some arrows at, and I definitely hit it a few times, and eventually it drifted too high and then disappeared.  Anybody else see something similar?
sup

Offline BrodyMason

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 05:58:04 PM »
I was chasing a rabbit and it attempted to start running away...but instead it just started floating up...and up and up and up until blasted it with a fireball and it shot about 60ft into a tree.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 08:57:40 PM »
I think I came across some kinda glitch when I was playing the other day.  I looked up in the sky and I thought I saw what looked like a key, just hovering in the air.  I tried to grab it, but I couldn't.  I then realized that it was floating up into the atmosphere, away from the ground, not going sideways, just up.  I shot some arrows at, and I definitely hit it a few times, and eventually it drifted too high and then disappeared.  Anybody else see something similar?

There seems to be UFO-reports North of Cyrodil

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 07:26:46 AM »
My friend has been finding a lot of bugs in the game, I have been working hard to fix them on the PC version (being a mod creator) At one moment, when he transformed into a werewolf, it still showed his weapon equipped on him in his hand, but he couldn't use it, just did the normal claw attack. When he transformed out, it returned to normal, but that was a weird bug. Some scripts may be broken in the game, maybe the things you guys are seeing as floating means the objects (or animals) stepped into an area where they become inactive, as in have no cell reference, and therefore float up since the game doesn't know where to put them. It could be the cell, or it could be the fact that you guys may be playing for hours, causing some of the scripts to merge with each-other until you reset the game. A simple patch will have it all fixed by the acyualy developers, but some modders out there know better than them. You can only install mods on a PC version, to do it anywhere else is expensive.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline deadae

• Normal Trainer
  • Deadae is here!
    • View Profile
    • facebook
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 04:43:52 PM »
Really wow i havent seen any bugs yet. lol did a side quest a found the dragonstone, neer the golden dragon claw. My friend keeps dying against a dragon lol stupid mages. I'm a warrior who uses two-handed blades stealth and a bow.
To fly!"