Pokémon Universe > Balance Server Testing

Spiritomb Over powered

<< < (2/7) > >>

Viper:

--- Quote from: Roloc on November 17, 2011, 04:32:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Cortex J. on November 16, 2011, 10:06:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bing on November 16, 2011, 05:23:06 PM ---I'm going to guess you battled deadae, who used a baton passing ninjask to set up spiritomb.  And with a few calm minds it became to fast and strong right?  Well the key to beating it is this.  Predict ninjask, and when spiritomb switches in hit it hard.  Or use a move like toxic that will slowly kill it.

--- End quote ---

The strategy Bing mentions is knwon as baton passing, a move that allows all the stat increase the user has to be passe3d to the next, so Spiritomb was already set to destroy. The easiest way to break this is to use Roar or whirlwind, or have a prankster pokemon with toxic to poison either ninjask or spiritomb, that way they die from being out to long. The best thing to do is to predict when baton pass is coming, have a non-prankster with toxic, and use it so that spiritomb will receive the poisoning, which takes even more health over time from the one poisoned. She would need to set up calm minds, but by that time, spiritomb will have already taken damage. If she uses a substitute, break it by attacking full on, so it can't be passed, or toxic won't work.

--- End quote ---

Another way to beat a baton passing ninjask is to have a priority attack or a multi hit attack which will break sub and keep on hitting.

--- End quote ---

Cloyster = bye bye ninjask

Tickles:
I think we have proved out point now, so there is no need to continue here.

DemonX:
actually i destroyed ninjask then he pulled spiritomb then wiped my whole team n btw i had 1 of everything type wise.

Level5Pidgey:
Spiritomb like... didn't get changed and it's actually not a crazy strong poke. I doubt it's OP.

What was on your team?

DemonX:
Dragonite, Feraligater, Pidgeot, Gyrados, Jolteon, Sceptile

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version