* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest] Dying Flame. (Easy)  (Read 5423 times)

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
[Quest] Dying Flame. (Easy)
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:04:54 AM »
Quest Difficulty Info: This quest is simple, and quick. Basically a starter quest.

Starting Location: Near a starter area.
Items needed: Potion.
Level requirements: none.

Description: As your exploring a small town you see and old man pacing back and forth frantically. When you talk to him he talks to you and tells you that his granddaughter went out nearby into a patch of grass looking for wild pokemon to study when all of a sudden it started raining. He says that she's been researching pokemon for sometime now, but that the area gets a little swampy when it rains so he's worried.

*Quest accepted*

So you go looking around to what ever direction he points in, and after not so much looking, you find the girl. You talk to girl  and ask her if she's alright, and she says she is but that there's a very weak charmander (almost at a fainted state). She was observing it when all of a sudden it started raining, and so she's been trying to cover it from the rain so it's flame doesn't go out. You tell her that her grandfather is worried sick about her and that she should get back to town. She refuses and says she won't leave until she knows charmander will be ok.

So basically if you have a potion with you, you use it on Charmander so that he'll become strong enough to find shelter of his own. If you don't, then you've got to walk back into town and buy one at a pokemart.

After you go back and use it on Charmander he becomes strong enough to find shelter on his own, and the girl thanks you and says that her grandfather will reward for helping the weak charmander.

You go back and talk to the grandfather and he thanks you for bringing his daughter safe and sound, and that he heard about how you saved the charmander. He says that he doesn't have much to reward you, but he gives you advice on how to make yourself stronger.

REWARD: Player lvl experience.

So tell me what you think :]
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 06:11:12 PM by Phosphorous »

Offline NotlaHunk

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest] Dying Flame. (Easy)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 03:57:56 AM »
Hahaha :D Pokemon anime series themed quest  ;D

I like the idea because it is very simple, and would be a big help for beginner trainers :D

Offline Draagn

• Beginning Trainer
  • My computer has a virus I will be off for a while.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 04:41:38 AM »
awesome quest I hope it is on PU because I cant wait to play threw it

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 05:15:55 AM »
Meh, it's too simple. Even for a beginner. I'd suggest making the girl harder to find. Or when you're talking to her, a random Pokemon (stronger than normal) leaps out for a fight. ;P

Offline tap1on

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 08:06:07 PM »
Good and simple quest, I like it.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:35:18 PM »
thanks for everyone feedback :D
The only thing that was brought to my attention was the charmander sprite.
Althoughhh
Alais said that it's possible to make the dying charmander sprite, so that works out.

I know it's a hella easy quest, but everyone else seems like they're trying too hard to come up with something amazing, I'm trying to think of something easy and doable; something that has a chance at getting implemented into PU :p

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2010, 08:50:57 PM »

I know it's a hella easy quest, but everyone else seems like they're trying too hard to come up with something amazing, I'm trying to think of something easy and doable; something that has a chance at getting implemented into PU :p

"trying too hard" i only write when i have the motivation to do so! i am insulted that you would say that i am trying too hard to get my stuff implemented into PU! hmph!

now you owe me a beer to make up for your blasphemy!

anyway..... not a bad quest, i actually like the simplicity to it, but it would require navigating through a lot of tall grass, otherwise it might prove to be too short.

also, after you have completed the quest (for simplicity sake), the old man should continue to pace around, and when you talk to him he mentions that his granddaughter is out yet again, and that he is worried about her, but that he probably always will be. if you go out and find her again, you can see her just walking around in the grass.....maybe if you talk to her then randomly once in a while you will be thrown into a battle and have to protect her.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2010, 10:16:43 PM »

"trying too hard" i only write when i have the motivation to do so! i am insulted that you would say that i am trying too hard to get my stuff implemented into PU! hmph!

now you owe me a beer to make up for your blasphemy!

anyway..... not a bad quest, i actually like the simplicity to it, but it would require navigating through a lot of tall grass, otherwise it might prove to be too short.

also, after you have completed the quest (for simplicity sake), the old man should continue to pace around, and when you talk to him he mentions that his granddaughter is out yet again, and that he is worried about her, but that he probably always will be. if you go out and find her again, you can see her just walking around in the grass.....maybe if you talk to her then randomly once in a while you will be thrown into a battle and have to protect her.

Well i wasn't really talking about you when I said people are trying too hard xD
I mean like; everyone's trying to think of evil forces to battle against, and I just didn't want to try that hard to make some crazy epic quest especially when I don't know enough details of in game ereas, and NPC's that WILL be put into the game. Don't know if I'm making myself clear with that last sentence.

That addition after the quest works too :]
and a beer sounds good to me >:]

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
omething easy and doable; something that has a chance at getting implemented into PU :p

and a beer sounds good to me >:]

excellent, next time you're in my neck of the woods!
now we are friends again!

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2010, 11:40:07 PM »
i liked it.

you could have the charmander run from you, making this quest just slightly more challenging,

(i know you said you didn't want to make a quest thats too hard, but still, it's a little too easy,)

and after you complete the quest, you can go back on fridays and find a huge, i wanna say 'pack', of charmander, and you can catch the one you saved.
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!