* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [Quest]Trials Of The Pokemon League  (Read 5352 times)

Offline Lucario The Guardian

• New Trainer
  • I made this on Photoshop CS4
    • View Profile
[Quest]Trials Of The Pokemon League
« on: February 13, 2010, 03:50:49 AM »
Well simply its a quest before the pokemon league where basically you have to stop two teams from awakening extremely strong pokemon

the 2 teams
1)Team Soulcatcher(soul silver)
2)Team Heartcatcher(heart gold)

There are 2 grunts stood in your way of reaching your championship you talk to the grunts and they say "No one passes until our bosses say so" they ask you your favourite colour gold or silver(this will help later on)

so you start to walk off when you hear them talking about there teams bosses so you decide to eavesdrop you overhear them talking about where there bosses are located which is

1)Pharos(Soulcatcher's boss)
2)Snarule(Heartcatcher's boss)

so they reveal the location of the 2 bosses(which i will tell soon)

You start walking towards the door and who do you see non other than your rival the 1st thing you would think you need to battle him/her but no you tell (insert rival name here) about what you heard the 2 of you decide to split up and go find Pharos and Snarule(depending on colour you picked earlier on) if you picked silver you go face Pharos.if you pick gold you go face Snarule so you go to the locations(depending on the colour you picked)

when you get there you have to face a random amount of grunts before you reach the top,you reach the top you hear (depending on the colour you picked again) "Lugia(or Ho-Oh) i call upon you" Lugia(or ho-oh) appears (depending on if you can fight them or not not)

if you beat Pharos(Snarule) you finish the mission the rewards you get are the following

REWARD1=Rare candy(increases the selected pokemons level)
REWARD2=XP(needed for the pokemon to level up)
REWARD3=Gold(Money)Randomly generated by the PU Team

Thanks for reading this

Please Comment(Try Not To Be To Harsh)
Lucario The Guardian;D

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest]Trials Of The Pokemon League
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:39:43 PM »
it seems a little too generic.

choose side, rival chooses other side, beet grunts, beet boss, receive loot.

however, i did like the idea of the teams themselves calling upon the assistance of a legendary, perhaps i will have to explore this concept further. as it is, i haven't thought about other npc's using legendaries to fight you

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 10:01:26 PM »
Well simply its a quest before the pokemon league where basically you have to stop two teams from awakening extremely strong pokemon

*Tilts head*

This sounds kinda familiar....

Overall, I agree with Spirit on this. The plot is generic and holds no reason as to why its happening other then because the bad guys want to.

There are 2 grunts stood in your way of reaching your championship you talk to the grunts and they say "No one passes until our bosses say so" they ask you your favourite colour gold or silver(this will help later on)

so you start to walk off when you hear them talking about there teams bosses so you decide to eavesdrop you overhear them talking about where there bosses are located which is

1)Pharos(Soulcatcher's boss)
2)Snarule(Heartcatcher's boss)

so they reveal the location of the 2 bosses(which i will tell soon)

You start walking towards the door and who do you see non other than your rival the 1st thing you would think you need to battle him/her but no you tell (insert rival name here) about what you heard the 2 of you decide to split up and go find Pharos and Snarule(depending on colour you picked earlier on) if you picked silver you go face Pharos.if you pick gold you go face Snarule so you go to the locations(depending on the colour you picked)

I know grunts tend to be weak and kinda stupid in every Pokemon venture, but the question of 'what's your favorite color' just seems so out of place in this context that I have to wonder if much thought was put into this. Isn't there any other way the player could choose which team they go against? Why are the grunts clearly giving out vital information to their boss' plans? Typically, grunts know the least of the least of the high-ups plans, and only do what they are told at the basic levels.

I suggest you modify this a bit. Why not have have the choice to pick which color to go after the player and the rival team up? That way the player can simply chose: [Do you want to fight the Heartcatchers or the Soulcatches?]

Another thing to think about is the blandness of simply overhearing the locations of the bosses. Why not have the player look for them in a high level cave area, or some crumbling ruins? I don't know when before the Pokemon league you placed this, but it shouldn't be so easy as beat up trainers, beat up boss, blahblahblah.

when you get there you have to face a random amount of grunts before you reach the top,you reach the top you hear (depending on the colour you picked again) "Lugia(or Ho-Oh) i call upon you" Lugia(or ho-oh) appears (depending on if you can fight them or not not)

if you beat Pharos(Snarule) you finish the mission the rewards you get are the following

REWARD1=Rare candy(increases the selected pokemons level)
REWARD2=XP(needed for the pokemon to level up)
REWARD3=Gold(Money)Randomly generated by the PU Team

I like the idea of having to face legendaries in NPC player battles. It adds a cool twist to game.  But, in PU the Pokemon wont be new--as in the Pokemon wouldn't have to be awakened. Lugia and Ho-Oh are originally from the Johto region, so might the enemy bosses simple have been tracking them down and trying to capture them, instead of 'awaking' them?

I have nothing to say about your rewards though. I wouldn't face an entire team of bad guys just for a piece of Rare Candy. How about a cool Pokemon stat booster, or clothing for the player depending on which team they decided to face?

All in all, it was 5/6s boring to read. The 1/6 exciting part being the legendaries under the control of the bad guys. I think all you really need to do is put some more thought into the plot, and try and spice things up a bit.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 06:42:00 PM »
Also, it's rare that two different evil teams would both want to prevent you from going to the League (but keep also in mind that there is no Pokemon League in PU, but the Brutal 5, which will be the 'elite 4 and champion', will look for you).

I prefer that the bosses don't get the control of the legendaries. They try to take control, but the legendary is too strong for them, and burst into a blind rage against anything nearby. The legendary and the boss spot you afterwards, the latter pleading you to save him. You then fight the legendary to calm it down.

As to revealing the location, perhaps you'd prefer that another (new) grunt runs past you towards the guarding grunt, asks him for the location of the boss for an urgent news. That grunt, being new, had easily forgotten where the boss was and the guarding grunt carelessly told him where to go.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:52 PM »
This is not going to work in our game. Pokemon Universe will NOT be a linear game and there will be no real end to it so all quests have to be stand-alone.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »
IF THEGREAT#1 hadn't crushed your idea by saying that there won't be a true ending to the game, it would be nice if you were able to catch the legendary.

but to catch the legendary, you would need to get it VERY tired, because IF you took jerry's idea and made the legendary go on a rampage, it would be very hard to catch
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 06:35:25 PM »
IF THEGREAT#1 hadn't crushed your idea by saying that there won't be a true ending to the game, it would be nice if you were able to catch the legendary.

but to catch the legendary, you would need to get it VERY tired, because IF you took jerry's idea and made the legendary go on a rampage, it would be very hard to catch

I see you aren't well aware of all the features of the game. I'm not picking on you, but you must know that legendaries will not be 'catchable' in PU (at least, for the time being, the PU Team is not planning to make them catchable).

You might get quest associated with legendaries, but no catching of them.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 10:27:55 PM »
thanks jerry, for pointing that out. as i was typing that post, i was thinking,

"didn't i read somewhere that you won't be able to catch legends?"

so yeah, i didn't realize that i HAD read about NOT being able to catch legends until i went to watch the Olympics.

but thanks anyhow
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!