* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Un-Cheap Rare Candy  (Read 12622 times)

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
Re: Un-Cheap Rare Candy
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 09:57:27 PM »
I think that an exp boost is better than a level becuz when your pokemon reach max level the game drops from japenese mind trap to garbage bin junk!  >:(
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
I think that an exp boost is better than a level becuz when your pokemon reach max level the game drops from japenese mind trap to garbage bin junk!  >:(
you're only thinking about the single player games, in mmorpgs the devs make sure to have plenty of endgame content to keep their player base interested and make it stay fun.
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Mr.Dodo

• Normal Trainer
  • Sleepy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012, 10:36:37 PM »
Rare Candies are not common items in original Pokemon games. I think you can get maximum of 10 per game or less (without cheating). I think you can get it with ability Pickup, but its very hard. So you dont have much of them to raise Pokemon a lot. (etc- from lvl 1 to 100). I was only using to lvl up Pokemon which are very weak in the beginning like Caterpie, Weedle, Wurmple and their evolutions.
But if there were a lot of Rare Candies in this game that would not be right, but little of them would be OK.

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 10:02:28 PM »
I'm a fan of the Rarecandys, but i think it will be a little unfair if it is easy for players to receive them. Maybe you can receive them as a reward of completing certain quests? And of course not having the price to buy it too low.

Offline CraigGameFan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
I believe that rare candies should be stupidly expensive so much so that they arent worth buying. You will get people with stupid amounts of money buying loads.

In my opinion there should be a set amount per player or none at all..

Offline Wrathes

• Normal Trainer
  • DO NOT DISTURB
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2012, 09:23:51 AM »
I believe that rare candies should be stupidly expensive so much so that they arent worth buying. You will get people with stupid amounts of money buying loads.

In my opinion there should be a set amount per player or none at all..
I'm a fan of the Rarecandys, but i think it will be a little unfair if it is easy for players to receive them. Maybe you can receive them as a reward of completing certain quests? And of course not having the price to buy it too low.
You should read the other posts from other threads as Rarecandy has been discussed a couple of times. You may find your answer or the reason why. And if you consider reading and asking Jerry for info, I'm pretty sure he knows more about it.

Not totally as rare candies do not really benefit a pokemon besides raising is happiness (that's what makes it level up, or so is the reason behind the rare candy it seems) and its level. EV (or EP) are not raised that way. But sure, they could be turned into an EXP giving item rather than leveling up item.

And tbh, I'd rather have the rare candy un-tradable, un-equipable and have a really low market price, 1 poke maybe. Prevents abuse of collecting rare candies, and trading and the user is already at a loss as compared to another who's doing real training.

Only issue, is that the EV (or EP) system is yet to be confirmed from the balance team...

As for the black market and fake rare candies, yea, why not. Could do something about it.

Those are my 2 cents.