* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [QUEST] The Sting of Success  (Read 8084 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
[QUEST] The Sting of Success
« on: December 21, 2011, 09:09:30 am »
As per request from Roloc, I am writing this quest. It is not meant for just him to enjoy, but everyone. So, here we go.

Setting: Forest area- contains bug types, grass types, and random pokemon of any type.
Time: Any
Level: Can be leveled with player
Plot: Help the budding Entomologist save the bug pokemon

Begin: At the entrance of (the forest name) you will see a man in green. Talk to him to hear his story.

Jaimie:Hello there, my name is Jamie. Welcome to (forest name), a wonderful paradise filled with the best pokemon in the world, the almighty bug types. For years, I have been fascinated with them, studying them, even making friends with them. I assume you want to hear about these magnificent creatures?

Player:
Choice 1-Yes, do tell.

Choice 2-I have to be somewhere that's not here. (you can take this on later on if you want.

*Everything after this point is from Choice 1.

Jamie: Wonderful, you have no idea what this means to me. It's very hard to make friends when they call you a bug maniac. Now, this forest is home to many pokemon of many different species. The main pokemon that can be found here are Weedle, Kakuna, and Beedrill. They....I can't do this anymore. I'll come out straight with it, I have no idea what I was thinking, I shouldn't be playing researcher when there is a crisis going on as we speak.

Player:What's the problem?

Jamie:You see, recently I have been spotting pokemon poachers running amok through the forest. Their prime target seems to be the bug pokemon. Not only that, but the bug pokemon have been really aggressive as well, I've even had a hard time navigating this wondrous maze without being chased by either group. You look like a strong trainer. I would appreciate it if you went into the forest and got rid of the poachers, as well as free any trapped pokemon they may have. I'll be right here when you get back.

-Head into the forest, there will be 3 poachers, and 3 cages to find. Also keep an eye out for your favorite bug in in this forest, as they will be frequent.

Poacher 1: There we go, a full cage. Hey, what do you want, there's nothing to see here. Get lost.

Player: Battle (Taking the role of the strong silent type, also I have no witty line to place. Maybe you can come up with one?)

-The poacher has 3 pokemon. They are Poochyena, Rattata, and Koffing. (Replace for higher levels)

Poacher 1:No..NO! Look, do what you want with the pokemon. I'm out of here once the coast is clear.

-Release the pokemon and travel onward to search for the next poacher.

Poacher 2:Don't know who would want all these bug pokemon. They give me the creeps as it is. What, you got a problem? Hope you brought back up.

Player: Battle (Same as before, there will be a reason after this is all done.

-Poacher has 2 pokemon, and will come in a double battle. They are Plusle and Minun.

Poacher 2:Whatever, I didn't want this job anyways.

-Release the next set of pokemon. Only this time, a random bug pokemon encounters, and this one is slightly stronger than the wild pokemon. (At least 2-4 levels higher.) Catch or defeat the pokemon to continue. Search for the last poacher.

Poacher 3:The customer better be satisfied with this batch. Haven't found any strange looking bugs here. Huh, hey look, if you want your pokemon you have to pay first, that's how we work.

Player: Battle

-The last poacher has 4 pokemon. She has a Beedrill, a Butterfree, a Voltorb, and a Grimer. Replace for higher levels.

Poacher 3: You've got guts, I'll give you that. Look, I don't want anymore trouble than this is all worth. They're just a bunch of bugs, not worth a lot in my opinion. I know when to quit though, and this is a good time to. Catch you around.

-Free the last pokemon, and head back to Jamie.

Jamie: Thank you so much for helping me. I don't have much to give you but take this.

-You receive a Silverpowder.

Jamie: Bug pokemon love Silverpowder, and it gives a boost to bug type moves as well. I hope it does you well on your journey. And if you ever feel the need to chat, come by to learn about the bug pokemon I see in the forest. I may be able to help you fill pages in your pokedex.

-Return to Jamie once in a while to see a new bug pokemon, which will be added to your pokedex (if implemented) for you to search for later.

-Post your questions, comments, criticism, or suggestions. I do read these, as they help me to write better quests and stories later. I will also credit you if I like the idea.

-As for the battle text, if you have an idea for what the player should say to the poachers, post the poacher # and the text option. If I like it, I will include it, and credit you on it.

Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: [QUEST] The Sting of Success
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 09:18:00 am »
Okay, thoughts on the quest, great quest!

I like that I may be able to find the pre "evolution" shedinja.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:19:21 am »
Okay, thoughts on the quest, great quest!

I like that I may be able to find the pre "evolution" shedinja.

You're talking about Nincada.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:00:15 am »
Lol, adding a third choice at the first decision:

3. Eeekkk bugs!!!

:P

Otherwise, simple quest which appears to fit in any forest. Hmm.. some bugs being added as you progress sounds neat.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 05:50:09 pm »
Don't know how that would be done. I mean, how would they be able to limit the pokemon in the forest as you progress? But anything can be programmed so they might be able to do so.

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 08:30:10 pm »
Poacher 1
Player:   "You're about to see your butt get kicked!''  (lol)

Poacher 3
Player:   "Return the bug Pokemon you stole or battle me!"

meh..ok....

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 11:17:37 pm »
Hey, it was worth a shot, I'm not really looking for funny, but that is definitely a plus.

Offline Shadow of Darkness

• Normal Trainer
  • Dragon Ellemental Elite!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2011, 06:38:21 am »
You never know maybe the main character has a sense of humor! lol

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011, 01:09:13 pm »
Don't know how that would be done. I mean, how would they be able to limit the pokemon in the forest as you progress? But anything can be programmed so they might be able to do so.

Well, I think it can be done with simple if statement, adding some additional values behind the scenes. I guess there must be for quests. For example, say this quest:

Sting of Success I 0
Sting of Success II 0

This shows the two parts of the quests and if both are zero, you will get a certain encounter sheet.

If this is

Sting of Success I 1
Sting of Success II 0

You get a new encounter sheet.
Similarly;

Sting of Success I 1
Sting of Success II 1

Gets a new encounter sheet. This I think can be done through if statements :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...