* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [QUEST] The Cretaceous Hunt  (Read 7887 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
[QUEST] The Cretaceous Hunt
« on: December 23, 2011, 07:40:47 pm »
Allow me to introduce an alternative to fossils. It is not like other fossil quests, I assure you. I write this as a fun way to collect the ancient pokemon, with a little adventure in it.

Time: Spring and Summer months
Level: After 5th badge
Plot: The Cretaceous Zone is open, and needs hunters, will you take the challenge.

This is a catching quest, you will be catching the best game there is, the ancient pokemon. Head to the zone (should in an open plain, preferably rocky, with some pools of water).

Begin

Alibaster:AHA, Welcome my friend, to the Cretacsous Zone, home of  the most ferocious pokemon on the planet. I am your lead Huntsmen, Alibaster, the man with the plan, and the money for your enjoyment. You see, I have a challenge for you. i want you to find me an Aerodactyl in my Game field. They are Uncommon here, as they love to fly off. I can;t control them so much. If you manage to find one, I will make you an honorary huntsmen.

Simple, catch the Aerodactyl, show it to Alibaster, get reward money, and a new outfit.

-When wearing the outfit, you get a 5% better catching rate in the Cretaceous zone.

I'm proposing a trainer class called huntsmen with 5 rankings. There will be a quest line to get the rankings, each one with benefits.

Though this one may not seem as thought out as my other quests, this is just the beginning. I have all the other rankings done, and will post as I go along, i just need to organize them first.

As always, comment, criticize, or suggest ideas. I do read them. Later today, I will post the quest to get rank two.

Also, check out my other quests by going to the forums, clicking ideas and suggestion, then clicking quests and plots. Mine are more recent, so if you feel disappointed in this one, check out the others to get an idea of the detail I plan to put in this.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: [QUEST] The Cretaceous Hunt
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 07:50:48 am »
A small description of the Cretaceous zone

I forgot to mention in the last post that this is a hunting zone. In this zone, you are allowed to bring three pokemon to assist you in hunting. You will recieve 50 Fossil balls to use in your catching quest. You may catch up to 50 pokemon from the zone, however when you leave, you can only keep one. The others will be released, and you will be compensated for each, at 100 poke each. That means you can earn 4900 easy. As an added bonus, if you catch a shiny pokemon, you will recieve it automatically, along with the pokemon of your choice, and recieve money in full, up to 4900 poke. Credit to Jerry for helping me come up with this part.

Rank 2- Prime Huntsmen
Benefit- Gain 20% more money for each caught pokemon in the Cretaceous Zone

Begin

Alibaster:AHA! Back for more are you? Well then, lets see. I know. I have some trainee huntsmen in the zone. They are having a little trouble getting along with their new pokemon. I want you to go and find each of them. They may be timid, but I think a quick battle will liven their spirits, and make their pokemon trust them more. A huntsmen is only as good as the team he hunts with. You may still catch as many pokemon as you like in the zone, you are still a huntsmen after all. Now, get to it!

Head into the zone, the trainees are wearing the same outfit as you. They will have varying fossil pokemon. Lucky for you, there are only two of them, but getting to them will not be easy. They will require you to shwo them the appropriate pokemon before battling.

Molly:Hi, I'm Molly. Alibaster must have sent you here. He told me he will figure out a way to make me stronger. But, if you want to battle me, you have to show me you're a true huntsmen as well. Come back after you gain a freshly caught Kabuto, and we'll get started.

*The Kabuto will be stored in a special area until you leave the zone, the other huntsmen will know of your capture.

With available pokemon

Molly:You have one, very nice. Ok, let's do this then.

Molly will have 3 pokemon, a Kabutops, an Archeops, and a Bastiodon. All are at lv 40. defeat her to complete your first task.

After battle

Molly:I think I understand what Alibaster is talking about now. Thanks, here take this.

Molly will give you a full restore, and a revive.

Find the next Huntsmen, Luther

Luther:Oh, Alibaster told me he would send someone, didn't think it would be a noobie like you. Name's Luther, and I'm going to be the head huntsmen here one day. Now, go find a Shieldon or something.

With available pokemon

Luther:What are you doing back. Oh, you found a Shieldon, I was just kidding about that. The real test is to battle me, but if you feel like doing another worthless task, I got all day.

Luther has 3 pokemon as well, a Rampardos, an Aerodactyl, and an Armaldo, all at Lv 40.

After battle

Luther:Whatever, I'm still the best. You got lucky here today, but since you're on a way lower level than me, you should have this. You're going to need it.

Luther gives you a Max Repel, and an Elixer.

Head back to Alibaster to recieve your next rank, or stick around to continue catching pokemon.

Alibaster:AHA! It seems you exceeded my expectations. Well done, here, this mark proves that you are now a Prime Huntsmen. Come back again later, and I may have a new task for you.

You will recieve with the rank a small amount of money, 500 poke, as well as 300 exp.

As always, comment, suggest, criticize. I take all into consideration. And if you have any suggestions for the Huntsmen class that are reasonable, I will credit you if I use them.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 09:07:31 pm by Cortex J. »

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 11:00:10 am »
nice idea.it is somewhat like Safari Zone.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 06:34:26 am »
You can think of it as the safari zone with a bigger challenge. You can only keep one of your many caught pokemon, and each pokemon given back gets you money.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 12:40:03 am »
This would be a nice way to get fossil pokémon. As one of them is on my list as favourite pokémon.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Spartan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 04:36:00 am »
Thats a better idea than the safari zone even though you can only keep one pokemon and I figure it would be a cool side quest too
pokemon are friends........not tools of war........and we must treat them as such.

Pokemon Knights defenders of honor and pokemon together we protect the pokemon......and this is the reason why i am proud to be a POKEMON KNIGHT

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 09:13:14 pm »
There is a reason why I limit it to keeping one pokemon. It's like choosing the best prize out of many, but you get a consolation prize so you don't feel like you wasted all that time. Not to mention, you will probably not earn the max amount of money since there is the chance of a pokemon breaking out of the ball. What I need help with now is determining the benefit for the next rank. I reviewed my outline, and realized I didn't put any benefits for the last three ranks. I may continue by the end of the week, if I come up with something. Until then, you guys can suggest the benefits. Remember, don't make a ridiculous one like auto catch, or something like that, I will flag it as spam. You guys can also suggest other things as well, as these help me with my writing, and will make me more likely to write quest proposals here.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 04:48:18 am »
Rank 3- Expert Hunstmen
Benefit- Gain the Pheromone ability*
          - Catching rate increases to 10% in the zone

*Allows you to automatically battle a wild fossil pokemon, can only be used 3 times a day. Pokemon will not run from battle.
(Works like sweet scent, and works outside the zone.)

Begin

Alibaster:AHA! You have a fire for hunting I see. I have the perfect task for a Prime huntsmen such as yourself. I need you to go into the zone and find 3 fossil fragments. When you finish that, go see Marty in front of Old Cliff. It's to the north inside the zone Give the fragments to him, and he will fill you in on the next task... Wait! Almost forgot to mention. To get these fragments, you must pass the trials of the stones. One is in the center of the zone, from there, you have to find the other two. Now, get to it!

Head to the center of the zone and find the first stone. It is blue in color. read the description to get your first clue.

Blue Stone: To complete our test, find the bladed ones. They swim in the stream, and are as swift as the wind. Slay two to receive your reward.

The stone talks about Kabutops. This pokemon should be hard to find, and to complete the first task, you need to defeat them, not capture them. Find them near or in the stream. Do this and return to the blue stone.

Blue stone:The blue stone releases a fossil fragment. You feel a strange sensation to head east into the sands.

Head east to find the next stone, the Red Stone

Red Stone: To complete our test, find the Offensive ones. They stay near the boulders, and ram with their heads. Tame one to receive your reward.

To complete this task, you'll need to find Rampardos. catching one would seem simple, but they will flee if you fail a capture, so you need to catch it in one shot, or weaken it to try to catch it. Do this and return to the stone.

*Note- You will need the fossil balls for this. If you have run out, you will not be able to continue, have to exit the zone, and start over.

Red Stone:The red stone releases a fossil fragment as well. You feel another sensation to head northwest into the caves.

Head to the caves and find the last stone, the Green Stone.

Green Stone: To complete our test, find the tentacled ones. They stay my the walls and drink water from the stone. Slay one and catch one to recieve your prize.

Find Lileep. They can be found throughout the cave. Not only are these hard to find, they will also run if you fail to capture them. Complete the task and return to the stone.

Green Stone:The green stone releases a fossil fragment. You feel as though a great trial is ahead.

Head out of the cave and to the old cliff. Marty is a huntsmen as well, and lives in the zone.

Marty: Pleasure to meet you. Alibaster has told me a little about you. He thinks you might be able to help us with something, the ultimate hunt. But first, I assume you have already collected the fossil fragments.

Hand over the fossil fragments.

Marty: Very good. Now, we take these, and place them in this Obelisk........... there.......... there.... and there. Now, touch the stone, and the final trial will begin, and you will gain your next rank.

Activate the obelisk.

Obelisk:You have awakened the ancient servants. Prepare to face the ultimate challenge. Battle the winged one and the shelled one, and receive your prize.

You will be taken into a double battle against a Shiny Archeops, and a Shiny Carrocosta. They are both lv 45. You will not be able to catch them, they are special pokemon. All you have to do is defeat them.

Marty: I guess you really do have potential. I have to remember to trust Alibaster more often, guy has instincts like no one else. Well, you're time here is done, head back to Alibaster to get your reward. What the... looks like the Obelisk dropped something for you.

You gain a Hard Stone. Head back to Alibaster.

Alibaster: AHA! It seems you hvae exceeded my expectaions once more. I now promote you to expert Huntsmen. You can now use these pheromones to attract the fossil pokemon three times a day. It also works outside the zone as well, I hope that helps you in your hunts in the future. Come back later on, and I will have another task for you.

Remember, post questions, comments, criticism, or suggestions. I do read them, and it will help me to improve my writing, and make it more likely that I write on this site.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 05:17:08 am »
Epic quest is epic, I loved this quest because it seems like a good challenge.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2012, 06:16:59 am »
Hmm I thought I pasted my answer and posted it... guess not. Then:

Hmm, I don't know, the second task seems more difficult than the last one. Well, from my point, I'm seeing Rampardos to be as rare, or even rarer than Lileep and much difficult to catch as it's a fully evolved pokemon as opposed to Lileep.

And hmm, one idea just came to me.

Maybe alter the quest:

- To complete our test, first find the tentacled ones. They stay by the walls and drink water from the stone. Catching one will allow you to find the one which preys on the tentacled ones. Find and catch one to receive your final prize.(btw, you had two typos here, 'my' and 'recieve')

So basically what I mean by this one is Lileep should be easier to find than Rampardos, and as such, to keep Lileep in, you can have it as a fist step to get Armaldo (which can also be regarded as green). Armaldos should be very rare (rarer than Rampardos even) but once you caught a Lileep, you will encounter the Armaldos more easily, hence why the need to catch the Lileep.

Now, of course, a lucky trainer might see and catch an Armaldo during that task, skipping the first step too. So, adds some variations to it :)

Only my two cents about making it like ascending difficulty in the quest for hunting ;)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 08:02:14 am »
I'm really liking this idea. I think having it do-able after obtaining the 5th badge is nice as it's not too soon yet not too far into the game. Well done, and I especially like that we can get new outfits through quests.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 06:20:52 pm »
Well, I haven't been updating this since I joined the team. I do like the ideas, but this quest was just a proposal. It will not be in the main game.