* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Poke'nests.  (Read 21116 times)

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
Poke'nests.
« on: February 13, 2010, 06:36:15 AM »
This is an idea I've had since I was little, since the first pokemon games came out. It's pretty basic, but probably not what this game is looking for in terms of gameplay. Still, it could branch out into other ideas, and possibly be incorporated.

We all know that in the daycare, compatible pokemon produce eggs. For me, waiting for the egg to hatch is very thrilling; I think it's because you don't know what moves they'll have, or even if it'll be a shiny. What if, on random occurance, like wild pokemon encounters, you find a Pokenest, and there is a mystery egg inside. Now, this would have to be on a very random occurance sequence, and the egg, like any freshly caught pokemon, would be sent to the PC. A maximum of 5 eggs could be in the PC at any given time, to keep from egg harvesting. The chance for a rare pokemon is, just that, rare, but the fact that it could be any pokemon would be a great way to keep people walking through the grass, training their pokemon; a suspense tactic.

This idea is rough, I know. But I think it would be a great way to keep players intrigued, and also a new and exciting addition to already great pokemon game.

Critiques are welcome. I'm not afraid of bad ones, so please, post anything you like.

Offline Chaoseth

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Poke'nests.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »
That sounds like a good idea because players can get cool Pokemon, but when theirs MMO's there is also scammers.
You can tell if there's a chance these eggs are really rare everyone's going to scam everyone else for the eggs and many other people with make multiple accounts to get many eggs then transfer it to their other accounts making a circle of a few people with 100's of eggs. That's just something you have to take into account, especially for a new MMO still in the making.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »
then transfer it to their other accounts making a circle of a few people with 100's of eggs.

Although he said that you could only have 5 at a time in your pc, so there's no way that 1 account will have 100 eggs on it.

Anyways I really liked this idea! This'll keep more people in the grass, and make training against wild pokemon somewhat more exciting just because of this small chance.

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »
Although he said that you could only have 5 at a time in your pc, so there's no way that 1 account will have 100 eggs on it.

You can still gather multiple accounts and wait for all five eggs to hatch, then transfer the unhatched eggs to the main.

But making eggs/nests Non-Tradeable would solve every scam problem anyone may have.

But as stated before, great idea. This reminds me of an idea from a quite a few other MMOs (some done better than others)

Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 07:09:41 PM »
Thank you for all of the feedback! A solution to the scamming problem would be, as ghostman said, to make the eggs/hatched pokemon untradeable. HOWEVER, they can be bred. This would mean that the trainer would have to have a Ditto or another of that rare pokemon to succeed.

Also, to add on to this idea, I figured the drop rate for rare pokemon would be pretty slim. However, to keep intrigue alive, we calculate the value of shinies into this equation. Meaning, pokemon that hatch from the egg that aren't considered rare (i.e.: caterpie, rattata, etc.) have a HIGHER chance of being shiny than say a rare pokemon that hatched from the egg. There's still the chance you could get a normal caterpie from the nest, but the chances of you catching a shiny caterpie in the wild vs. finding one in the nest is leaning highly toward the nest.

The reason this is so intriguing to me is the whole mystery factor. You can get any pokemon, there's still hope that if it's not a rare one, it can be a shiny commoner. There's still a lot of kinks that need to be worked out, but I appreciate all the feedback!

Offline ghostman50

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
  • Blah Blah Blah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 03:08:37 AM »
But I think it would be a great way to keep players intrigued, and also a new and exciting addition to already great pokemon game.

If something like this were to be implemented, I think that a random empty egg may also keep players intrigued and excited. If a player knows 100% that they are going to get something worth something, the players may end up getting spoiled and expect something "cool" every time.

The random empty egg would be equally rare and it would keep that intrigue.
Am I a ghost or a man? Or a man-ghost offspring that come from mi father's inexplicable penetration of mi mother's ghostly woman parts? Or am I a child imitating a man's ability to change into a ghostly form in order to preserve mi appellation?

"She's so sharp, depressed teenagers use her to cut themselves."  - Greg Gutfeld

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 03:49:18 AM »
But I think it would be a great way to keep players intrigued, and also a new and exciting addition to already great pokemon game.

The random empty egg would be equally rare and it would keep that intrigue.

I agree :D
Even if it did make me mad, I wouldn't get my hopes up, so when I did get something nice, then it'd make me even happier than just knowing that I am gonna get something nice.

If you get what I mean.

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 04:49:11 AM »
That's a wonderful idea! I didn't even think of that. xD

Offline JHShadon

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 10:57:20 AM »
hmm, this is a good idea and I like it but it's mean if you think about it for you are taking a pokemon egg from the wild and keeping it for yourself

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 04:23:53 PM »
hmm, this is a good idea and I like it but it's mean if you think about it for you are taking a pokemon egg from the wild and keeping it for yourself

I don't have morals about stealing when playing a game. ;P

Offline DayStar

• Beginning Trainer
  • Live Life To The Full!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 04:32:23 PM »
I really like the idea, but I think the fact that it could be any pokemon is a bit too, well yu know, crap! I think a list should be made personally of pokemon you could get like maybe some starters?
+1 Post
----------
Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit, Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad!
Everybody do the Kirby dance!!!
<( "<) <( " )> (>" )>

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »
Well, how about this, DayStar. Certain Pokemon have certain breeding seasons, weeks, times, hours, etc., depending on the rarity, and your choice of pokemon is limited to those in that time slot. That would be a solution, but I personally think that the any pokemon thing just adds to the suspense. :)

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 11:18:27 PM »
Well, This is a really awesome idea, and like all great ideas, it has to be worked and changed and perfected until just right for implementation, I really think this idea would do wonders with a bit of work, after all, it's the little things that always kept me into the series  ;D

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2010, 01:06:13 AM »
Well, how about this, DayStar. Certain Pokemon have certain breeding seasons, weeks, times, hours, etc., depending on the rarity, and your choice of pokemon is limited to those in that time slot. That would be a solution, but I personally think that the any pokemon thing just adds to the suspense. :)

This might be something for an event which takes place once a month or so. Where players go to a certain field/part/whatever to search for new eggs?
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2010, 01:07:02 AM »

This might be something for an event which takes place once a month or so. Where players go to a certain field/part/whatever to search for new eggs?

You mean like an easter egg hunt?
I like slowpoke.