* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Poke'nests.  (Read 20585 times)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Re: Poke'nests.
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 01:08:25 am »
Yeah something like that but only it's held once a month.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 07:47:52 pm »
But I think it would be a great way to keep players intrigued, and also a new and exciting addition to already great pokemon game.

If something like this were to be implemented, I think that a random empty egg may also keep players intrigued and excited. If a player knows 100% that they are going to get something worth something, the players may end up getting spoiled and expect something "cool" every time.

The random empty egg would be equally rare and it would keep that intrigue.

Or you get one which turns into a 'bad egg' (they never hatch), which you get in some of the GBA games (Emerald and FRLG, if I'm not mistaken) when you use cheats that turn out bad... :D
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Sora

• Normal Trainer
  • Nothing is as dear and precious as time~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2010, 09:31:04 pm »
This idea is absolutley wonderfull! The fact that there can allways be an empty egg makes you very happy for anything you get, and egg hunt makes running around grass much more exciting, and on ester there should be grand egg hunt, in wich there is a high rate of getting reare and shiny pokemon (smaller reare egg hunt would come every month or every two months, while there would allways be a little chance to get an egg).  :D
My siggy just got attacked by zubat.

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 01:29:46 am »
I really really like this idea, and i think with a bit of work and tought put into it it can be perfected and i feel it should definitly be implemented :) Great post.
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 12:49:50 am »
Well, I dunno about you guys, but for me I only have easter once a year, so even 12 times a year sounds awesome  :P

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2010, 03:20:52 am »
i came to this subject to see if i could add anything, but after i read it, i thought,

'Dang! Shoot! they already thought of anything!!!'

so basically, even though, Tymid, this was a childhood idea, its only gonna get better. much better ;D
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline Tymid

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Poke'clickables. =3
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2010, 07:17:30 am »
Thanks for all the responses, guys! I'm really happy at all the feedback I've gotten...and all the wonderful ideas put in. ^_^

Offline Interested Listener

• Beginning Trainer
  • "The purpose of life is a life of purpose."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2010, 01:29:47 am »
I really like the egg Idea, Tymid.
The Interested Listener

Offline Quote

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 12:30:06 pm »
I have to say. I deeply approve.

However I seemed to miss something. Would it be like finding an item that flashes and you click on it and you get an egg or would it be like random battle which has a random chance to happen every time you step in high grass?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 12:31:56 pm by Quote »

Offline baralai15

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2010, 12:54:54 pm »
Yes i like this idea as well. Will add another fun thing to the game and could be very fun and interesting. Also good addition for having a limit!

Offline chaosdestroyer

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 07:43:02 pm »
i agree with mr_dark if you just made it were you could wander around and ramdomly find them some people would keep doing this and then the other events/contest would slowly get smaller and smaller.
people who live in the past never see whats right in front of them

Offline rarrl

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:34 pm »
This doesn't have to do much with thread were on, but I don't want to make a new thread because I'm still a noob.

I think Pokemon bred with Ditto should have a slightly less chance (Not to make people too mad) of it being successful/shiny. Pokemon bred with their same type of species should have a higher chance of succeeding/ being shiny.

Any thoughts? Sorry for stealing your thread.

Offline darion101

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 03:54:05 am »
Maybe go along with what people have said above me, since there would be events for eggs, have the few eggs you find in the wild have a very low chance of actually hatching (in other words be empty shells, and of course I am talking about when the event is not in effect) so you can have a small chance to find an egg, and a very small chance for it to actually hatch for you.

Offline kiel223

• Beginning Trainer
  • Alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2010, 08:30:13 am »
Awesome idea, I love it. Some really good suggestions being made too-- it's always great to see a good idea grow like this :)

I think that personally the most effective and exciting way to look at implementing this would be:

- Have it as a constant chance (instead of a once-per-month event), but make the probability of actually encountering an egg at all very slim (say... 0.05% maybe?). I'm not a mathematician so I can't really suggest a solid percentage chance based on probability calculations or anything like that, but obviously if there is ALWAYS the chance of encountering an egg it will need to be a very small chance. But the simple fact that there is ALWAYS that chance can make the feel of the entire game much more exciting.

- Having said that, it would definitely be awesome to have some added features to this around Easter time. Possibly something like: Eggs are much easier to find during the Easter event?

- I do like the idea of each egg having a chance that it will be empty (i.e: it will 'hatch' with nothing inside of it). However, if that chance is too great (as possibly suggested by darion101 above), the eggs could potentially just become a nuisance to players. If there's more than a 50% chance that your egg will be empty, would you waste time hatching it? Love to hear everyone else's thoughts on this, but I would think that about a 10% chance of an egg being empty is a pretty reasonable number.

- If the probabilities of finding an egg, and that egg actually containing a pokemon are figured out to a reasonable level (i.e: Only 1 in every 10,000 encounters worldwide involves an egg) then it will remain a very rare treat. But obviously in online games such as this, rare things are highly sought after, and players will inevitably try to cheat or abuse the system to get them. I'm not sure if completely preventing players from trading these egg pokemon would be a good solution, because as long as the gameworld isn't flooded with them they will be valuable-- But their value would be completely taken away (from a trading/selling point of view) if you are unable to trade/sell the pokemon. If only the hatched pokemon themselves can be traded/sold, and the eggs are unable to be traded/sold, that would help the situation I think.
Sure, there will still be people who spend hours upon hours trying to find eggs, and then hatching eggs simply to sell them, but if you think about it they won't be gaining an unfair advantage (as long as the probability of finding these eggs is low enough but still reasonable) and also I'm sure if the pokemon universe was real there would be people who devoted their time to doing exactly that (something like an Egg Dealer).

Any thoughts? :)

Kiel

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2010, 04:08:39 pm »
That sounds okay for me. The percentages of encounterance with an egg might be raised to 1% though, 0.01% seems way too low for me. The 5% probability of having a lucky egg on Chanseys already was annoying ::)

I think that if it is implemented, then the egg should be from level 1, like in DPPt, HGSS.

This doesn't have to do much with thread were on, but I don't want to make a new thread because I'm still a noob.

I think Pokemon bred with Ditto should have a slightly less chance (Not to make people too mad) of it being successful/shiny. Pokemon bred with their same type of species should have a higher chance of succeeding/ being shiny.

Any thoughts? Sorry for stealing your thread.

I think that lowering the probability of passing on good IVs could be reduced instead. IMO, the chance for a shiny pokemon is already very low. I only got one shiny through eggs, a shiny Meditite...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...