* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Player, Guild bases?  (Read 6960 times)

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
Player, Guild bases?
« on: December 29, 2011, 04:04:58 AM »
I know this might not be used or is being added later on to the games, but I had an idea for this. I was reading IndigoChamps' thread and I had this idea for what he was talking about. Here's the limk to read his thread http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4021.msg95449/topicseen.html#new

I'm not sure if there are player homes, but why not something like using points to rent or buy homes. Also if there are gonna be guilds, why not towards guild items or ranking up guilds? Or even buying training items?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 04:08:01 AM by Reafer »
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Spartan

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Player, Guild bases?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 05:31:03 AM »
that seems like a good idea but it would kinda be hard to get there unless you had fly but in retrospect it is a good idea for trainers to have a base of operations and it would be easier for trainers to know what guilds there are
pokemon are friends........not tools of war........and we must treat them as such.

Pokemon Knights defenders of honor and pokemon together we protect the pokemon......and this is the reason why i am proud to be a POKEMON KNIGHT

Offline Amphi

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • Neko -----> <(^.^)>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011, 05:34:08 AM »
please learn to search for stuff like this, there's been many threads referring to the idea of player homes/guild bases. It has been discussed and as far as I know apartment type homes for players will be implemented and the guild base thing may happen but not for sure.
Never Underestimate the Kindness of other Humans.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011, 06:01:00 AM »
please learn to search for stuff like this, there's been many threads referring to the idea of player homes/guild bases. It has been discussed and as far as I know apartment type homes for players will be implemented and the guild base thing may happen but not for sure.
I'm not asking about homes being used in the games exactly. What I'm suggesting is a point system to buy items for the homes. I'm suggesting that items can be brought through points earned in contests or points used to expand or pay for bases. Not if Bases will be used any time soon. Also points to buy training items that can be used outside of bases like exp share. The base thing was just because where else would the items be placed than used?
I love Turtles!

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »
 I sometimes wonder if people even try :/

Here you go: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,51.0/wap2.html
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:20:34 AM »
OK how about this then?
What if as a guild you get a base, but you earn points through contests for items to improve the guild's furniture. Like let's say you are in a guild that is new and has a small base. Now you enter a Pokemon contest for beginners and the grand prize is 20 poke points. Now lets say you win 2nd place and get 12 poke points and that's enough for a old couch. I know this is stupid, but maybe that can be expanded on? I know that the whole base thing is an annoying subject to touch, but I'm just Suggesting this for something to be thought about way, way, way down the line after the game is more stable and not in constant chaos like I believe it will be the first few weeks.
Also I'm sure this was suggested, to limit base clutter, why not give certain conditions in which the apartments can be rented?   Like for guild apartment why not make it necessary to have 5 members before you can rent one with a certain amount of Poke points on each player?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:29:05 AM by Reafer »
I love Turtles!

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 09:35:12 AM »
I really love these ideas. I suggest trying creating it next year, after the Pokemon Contests will be created. I don't wanna make creating Pokemon Universe to be harder but this is a great idea anyway.
Just one objection:
Not only the guild furniture's should be purchased/updated, there are more things to do in a guild with Poke-money.
I LOVE CHARIZARD AND UMBREON!

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 09:37:23 AM »
I really love these ideas. I suggest trying creating it next year, after the Pokemon Contests will be created. I don't wanna make creating Pokemon Universe to be harder but this is a great idea anyway.
Just one objection:
Not only the guild furniture's should be purchased/updated, there are more things to do in a guild with Poke-money.
I know but I'm not entirely sure what can be done as a guild in PU
I love Turtles!

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 09:47:20 AM »
I know but I'm not entirely sure what can be done as a guild in PU
Pokemon Universe will be what we want to be. In time it will be the best Pokemon Game Online Ever.
With patient it will become like I said, what we want.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2011, 10:49:47 AM »
The following is not certain:
I think that we‘re using the LOTRO model for this; having multiple instances with ~20houses in each - some for players, some for “guilds“.

As for furniture: You can put that into three categories I guess; ‘buy able‘, ‘singleplayer rewards‘ and ‘“guild“ rewards‘.
Examples: As a “guild“, you manage to beat Giovanni (who‘s a boss battle in this example). After his defeat the “guild“ obtains his ?amulet?, which they can hang in their house for the world to see. (“guild“ reward).

"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
The following is not certain:
I think that we‘re using the LOTRO model for this; having multiple instances with ~20houses in each - some for players, some for “guilds“.

As for furniture: You can put that into three categories I guess; ‘buy able‘, ‘singleplayer rewards‘ and ‘“guild“ rewards‘.
Examples: As a “guild“, you manage to beat Giovanni (who‘s a boss battle in this example). After his defeat the “guild“ obtains his ?amulet?, which they can hang in their house for the world to see. (“guild“ reward).

Yes this is correct.

When housing is implemented, we'll create homestead instances because otherwise it'll be almost impossible to give almost all players a house. The usage of separated instances will allow us to easily add new houses to a homestead.

For those of you who never played LOTRO. Homestead instances work as follow.
You walk to the homestead entrance, once activated you'll get a pop-up with a list of neighborhoods. You select the neighborhood where your (own/guild/friends) house is and you'll be "teleported" to that neightborhood instance.

Each homestead instance will have the same layout and the same type of houses. These houses can be divided in the following categories.
- Normal houses
- Delux houses
- Guild houses
Prices will depend on the house type and location in the instance.

Because our world will be pretty big I can assure you there will be multiple homesteads, each with their own style and environment.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2011, 02:45:45 PM »
One question will we be able to get a Mr_Dark statue? No offense, but that pick of Drgonite is hilarious and would be a funny pic or statue to have in a home.
I love Turtles!

Offline FireDarkGuy

• Normal Trainer
  • Is this thing working?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »
One question will we be able to get a Mr_Dark statue? No offense, but that pick of Drgonite is hilarious and would be a funny pic or statue to have in a home.
This is not on topic. A PM will be better.