* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Training your Pokemon?  (Read 5806 times)

Offline bazzleman

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Training your Pokemon?
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:57:31 PM »
I have small problem that still hasn't been explained about Pokemon universe EVs, IVs and natures. The problem doesn't really matter until you have beaten the elite four you either try to complete the national deck; face other players or try to do both like me. However without EVs and natures (IVs not so much because they are random like natures and although possible is breed also like natures but much harder and more complicated). Also what about breeding will you actually be able to breed your Pokemon since breeding one of the keys of training a powerful and surprising Pokemon like with Lucario can surprise your opponents with blaze kick or vacuum wave, both of which can only be breed to it and Charizard has a whole world of surprising and powerful moves that can only breed to it. What about move tutors and move rememberer without starters wouldn't even be able to learn blast burn, hydro cannon or frenzy plant and Torterra needs move rememberer to learn wood hammer.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: Training your Pokemon?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:22:32 PM »
Move tutors, relearner will be there.

EVs will be implemented, though under a different way than from the traditional games.
IVs will be implemented.

Elite 4 does not exist really in PU and will be replaced by 5 other trainers which will, according to the description, go towards trainers whom they deem worth the challenge.

Breeding will be implemented, though maybe differently.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline bazzleman

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 04:48:46 PM »
Will you still be able to breed natures by giving the female a ever stone

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
Yes, the basic mechanics will remain the same.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 10:16:33 PM »
I'd like to actually be able to see EVs and IVs on pokemon Instead of just having some characteristic like "loves to eat", I'd rather just see the exact numbers. I know you guys changed EVs, but I don't know exactly how so, so I don't really know what to comment about it.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 06:35:22 PM »
They mentioned somewhere that one will be able to get to know such values. It's still not known how explicit it will be, but I'll trust L5P for it to be obvious enough :P