* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Pokémon Theories  (Read 26601 times)

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon Theories
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:04 am »
The world of Pokémon was ravaged by a generation-killing war

There’s a theory floating around the interwebs that paints a dark, horrific history of the Pokémon world, or at least Red/Blue’s Kanto region. Many players have noted that in Pokémon Red/Blue, there is a large absence of middle aged men in the game world. Think about the last time you played Pokémon. An abnormally large amount of Pokémon trainers chillin’ in the wild were little kids. Think about it. Why were there so many damn toddlers roaming the wilds unattended? There were plenty of elderly men and women in the world (Professor Oak), and many middle aged women (the player’s mom, the nurses), but a lack of middle aged men. What about the player’s father, or your rival’s father? While most people wouldn’t worry about the absence of middle aged dudes, some Pokémon fans have rationalized this through the creation of yet another insane theory.

The electric-type gym leader, Lt. Surge mentions being a survivor of some sort of brutal war that almost took his life (he claims that his Pokémon saved his life). Other trainers in the gym were once soldiers in some sort of army, which presumably fought in a war. A war where Pokémon were used as weapons. Let that sink in for a moment, as you try to imagine the horror of hundreds of terrified soldiers storming beaches being held by goddamn Charizards. Some fans believe this war was the cause of the lack of adult men, claiming that all of them had been killed in the war. Essentially, some people are speculating that this war caused a ‘generation kill’, and that the young children of the Kanto region are the first generation to find peace. This also explains why the player’s father is absent (hint, he died), and why the rival character has no parents (hint, they died). While a lot of this theory involves speculation and imagination, the horrifying idea of a human-Pokémon war that wiped out an entire generation is pretty damn sweet.

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2012, 08:51:56 pm »
Despite it being more elaborate, you really didn't have to repost that theory, we got it in the very first post...

Anyway, for anyone whose played Diamond and Pearl, there's this theory about how the ghosts got in The Old Chateau:

Quite some time before the events of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl, a man and his wife lived in the Old Chateau. They had a daughter and lived a quiet and peaceful life. There were several butlers working in the Old Chateau. One of them was called Charon. He had a knack for messing around with electrical equipment in the mansion.

One day, he went into the basement of the mansion to fix an electrical problem from a recent thunderstorm. As Charon was fixing the problem in the basement, he found a peculiar looking object in an unused washing machine. He messed around with the object which he called a "motor". After a couple of days, the motor came to life. Charon realized this certainly was not a motor, but a new species of Pokemon. He called the Pokemon "Rotom" and adopted it as his own.
Several weeks, later, the man's daughter was having a problem with his microwave. She called on his favorite butler to fix it, but he couldn't do the job, so he called on Charon to help him. Charon didn't know how to fix a microwave either, but he knew that Rotom could transform into one, so Rotom transformed into a microwave.

Before cooking anything, they decided to test the Rotom microwave. The test went horribly wrong. Flames came bursting out of Rotom's mouth and filled the kitchen with smoke. Charon commanded Rotom to stop, but it couldn't. The smoke was starting to spread throughout all parts of the mansion. There was nothing that can be done except to evacuate. Everyone made it out in time... except for the man's daughter. One of the butlers quickly realized this and went in to find her. The butler eventually found her and realized the girl had been poisoned from the smoke. He searched everywhere in the mansion for medicine. He finally found an Antidote in a trash can, but it was already too late. The butler started choking from the fire and eventually died from suffocation. The girl soon perished from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Rotom felt emotionally depressed following the event, so he confined himself in a television set for the rest of his life.
Charon, realizing the trouble and damage he had caused, ran away from the scene and later worked as a scientist for Team Galactic.
The man's wife was distraught at what had happened so decided to take up Pokemon training. She decided to train with the Ghost-type so she can communicate with her deceased daughter. She later became a Gym Leader in Hearthome City.
The man... he was just as distraught as his wife. He built a mansion just exactly like the Old Chateau... but it just didn't feel right. He returned to the Old Chateau and retrieved a statue from the entrance hall and the bodies of his daughter and the butler. He placed the statue in his office and the interred the bodies in two separate rooms in his new mansion. No one is allowed to enter those two rooms.
The ghosts of the butler and the girl still haunt the Old Chateau to this very day. The butler is still desperately trying to find the Antidote, but he does not know that he will reach the girl in time. As for the girl, she is still waiting for the Antidote in her room, but she does not know that she will live.

Offline Steeste

• Beginning Trainer
  • Like my sig? 'Course you don't, I made it in Paint
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2012, 11:34:32 pm »
I've seen those videos, I recommend watching his whole Pokemon series of videos, very very creepy.

You're right, a lot of it is creepy! I just finished watching all the videos he has about it. I think they were entertaining but started to go down hill fast by the last couple of videos. Eventually he stopped allowing comments or ratings on the video because viewers stopped liking it. It's pretty obvious it's just a story that took off, probably got him a lot of activity on his YT channel so he ran with it. If he invested more time and planned out the story and what he was going to say it could have been a lot more convincing. Sorry to be so opinionated about it XD...

Offline smooth330

• Beginning Trainer
  • Skill over Stats
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 05:18:53 am »
lol.. woa.. those first two theories made me depressed  :-[

Offline CelaGhost

• Beginning Trainer
  • If we can't revolt, Monimex, then we shall riot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 06:09:57 am »
Cubone, baby Kangaskhan, and M'

When a mother Kangaskhan dies, it leaves its Kangaskhan cub on its own. The Kangaskhan cub uses the skull and a bone from its mother to use as protection and becomes a Cubone. Then through malnutrition or adapting to a different lifestyle, the Cubone evolves into a Marowak. Female Marowak's later evolve into Kangaskhans, and the cycle starts all over.
This is self evident, as Cubone appears rather similar to the baby Kangaskhan that rides around in it's mother's pouch. Also, 'Bonemerang' (Cubone's signature move) refers to boomerang just as 'Kangaskhan' refers to Kangaroo. Kangaroo and boomerangs are both natively Australian themes.
Before Pokemon Red/Blue released, the developers decided that Kangaskhan needed to be separated from the previous two stages to become its own standalone Pokemon. The reason for this is that, being a kids game, it wouldn't do to allow small children to learn that a Cubone is actually an orphaned baby Kangaskhan wearing it's dead mother's skull on it's head and slinging it's bones around like clubs and boomerangs. However, the team didn't have time to delete the code at the last minute. Instead of deleting the code, they simply wrote a new non-evolving Marowak and moved the old one to an empty slot... with no number. This catchable Pokemon is M', Missingno's sister.
M' is actually a scrapped prototype of Marowak. This theory can be confirmed if you catch a M' and level it up, it evolves into a Kangaskhan.
I'm gonna be a downer and say
you can make a charmander from the same sprite
marowak > khangaskhan.... no
the numbers of the pokemon don't correlate

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2012, 02:40:19 am »

The original idea WAS Baby Kang>Cubone>Marowak>Kangaskhan
I think that was revealed in a interview with one of the producers, but I'm not sure :|

And of course the numbers don't correlate! They changed the numbers!
Or are you talking about code, cause them I'm gonna go over in the corner over there and cry a little.

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2012, 04:26:23 am »

The original idea WAS Baby Kang>Cubone>Marowak>Kangaskhan
I think that was revealed in a interview with one of the producers, but I'm not sure :|

And of course the numbers don't correlate! They changed the numbers!
Or are you talking about code, cause them I'm gonna go over in the corner over there and cry a little.
u r right TheSolx.the original idea WAS baby kangaskhan>cubone>Marowak>kangaskhan not

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2012, 07:54:39 am »
Someone also had an theory about how Arceus was already thought out in Gen III
According to him if you made an encounter for missingno by for example, a interaction encounter you would find out Missingno's actual number was not 999 or 0, because you had to fill in 493 in order for the missingno to appear.

Anyway, back to the kangaskhan theory. I think nintendo had a reason for the baby not to make an appearance. Since this game is also made for little children they probably didn't want children to be confronted too much with the fact of death.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2012, 01:18:04 pm »
About what Yuki just posted, I got something interesting from that too...
Seeing back on all the glitches and things that were deleted from the codes, like Missingno, White Hand Ditto, and many other SCARY theories I've read and seen around, I'm thinking that Pokemon weren't actually thought to be mainly for kids, but for a wide range of ages, which it became :P
The fact that you were supposed to fight a zombiefied hand, not a dead Marowak, in Lavender Tower just tells some of that... At least I read that somewhere :| Not sure where or when, but it wasn't too long ago. And there there is that White Hand "Ditto" that have showed up, though haven't been confirmed by Nintendo as far as I know, were supposed to be a dead man that would appear several places when climbing Lavender Tower and then it would be his body and hand appearing zombiefied at the top.

I'm not sure though, but sure doesn't sound child-focused to me xD But then they make scarier TV shows for kids over in Japan

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2012, 09:39:38 pm »
You mean this thing?

Just watched a video about it but I'm pretty sure the maker of the video just swapped a cubone sprite with this one. Since the description says: Lonely. Which is the species cubone is.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:44:06 pm by Yukimenoko »

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2012, 04:27:13 am »

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2012, 07:51:34 am »
Seems like a hack too, the trainer has a red hat, and there are many programs to hack a game like fire red.

And in my opinion it should be strange for gamefreak to add an sprite they denied in pokemon Green, Red and Blue.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 02:46:39 pm »
Just trust Yuki on this one. That one sprite looks too eleborate, and there are a lot of game hacks, like ruby desiny, and chaos black. Do your research, and you can usually find fakes.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline TheOmega1

• Beginning Trainer
  • Behold my wrath!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2012, 05:06:26 am »
Yeah, I don't believe many of the Pokemon-related videos I see on YouTube, just because it's waaay too easy to edit stuff like that (not saying that I can, cuz I'm computer-illiterate lol)
~The End Is At Hand~
I am the cold steel of justice. Claws of metal slicing through a world of chaos and greed. Together my pokemon and I will dismember the evil organizations that threaten the balance of this world. I am Omega of the Elemental Elites.

Offline burnedruby

• New Trainer
  • My friend code on B/W is 2108 0129 7437
    • View Profile
Re: READ THIS FIRST!!!
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 06:19:14 pm »
I am new to pokemon universe

I have noticed something about pokemon

The Godfather of all Pokemon criminal organization is Professor Oak.

Blue/Gary calls him? GRAMPS

G for Galatic

R for Rocket

A for Aqua

M for Magma

P and S for Plasma Insignia

MINDF*CK.

-Burnedruby   :)