* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [Quest]Dragons Rage  (Read 8781 times)

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
[Quest]Dragons Rage
« on: January 20, 2012, 05:17:08 am »
It would start with one of the professors approaching you (I prefer the original so lets say Oak).

Oak:Excuse me are you a Pokemon Trainer?

Trainer Choice:yes, no
                                                                            if no
Oak:Oh I assumed you were because of the pokeballs okay sorry for the inconvenience.

if yes
Oak:good I need your help, you see I've been getting reports of dragon pokemon running rampant from every region including here in Miryus. They have been attacking people and cities. So I have been asking trainers to go to specific cities and protect them, can I ask you to go to (insert city name)?
                                                                            if no
Oak:Please they really could use your help.

Trainer:Fine I'll go.
                                                            Quest continues from there

if yes
Oak:Thank you for your help, I'm sure the people of (city name) will be grateful as well. Oh and while you're there if you find anything that could explain the dragon pokemons rage please tell me about it.

You go to (city name) by any means of transportation you can. Once there you will need to battle 10 dragon pokemon all in their final stage of evolution (you will not encounter any Dragonite or hydreigon). After battling 10 dragons you will be approached by a man in a white coat.

Scientist:Excuse me but I could use your assistance would you follow me to my lab.

if no
Scientist:Please you have to help I don't know what else to do.

Trainer:Fine what do you want.
                                                           Quest continue from there
                                                                            if yes
Scientist:Oh thank you, please follow me to my lab.

He takes you to his lab which is located at the base of a mountain. He then explains why he needs your help.

Scientist:Recently I conducted some research, I wanted to see why some dragon pokemon are peaceful like Dragonite well others are chaotic like Hydeigon. I was unsuccessful so i decided to conduct an experiment to see if these personalities could be switched. I started with the Dragonite and the experiment was a success or should I say failure,the Dragonite ceased to be peaceful and caring and became chaotic and destructive. Unfortunately in the Hydreigon's case the experiment was a failure,he showed no signs of a personality change and continued to be chaotic and destructive. After the experiment the two pokemon escaped and as you can see destroyed my lab, also there were some items missing I believe they took them. After escaping the two pokemon headed for the top of the mountain. Originally I was going to deal with this myself but I don't have anything to subdue them with, and then I heard the news about the dragon pokemon so I decided to look into it. I discovered that there is a reason Dragonite and hydreigon act the way they do, it's because they are the balance holders. Dragonite peaceful and caring represents good, and hydreigon chaotic and destructive represents evil. By removing one from good and placing it in evil but not doing the same for evil I inadvertently threw the dragon pokemon out of balance which has obviously enraged them. So I ask you please help me retrieve the pokemon for me so I can bring things back to normal, I will of course compensate you.

if no
Scientist:What but you have to help.

Trainer:No find someone else.

You leave and go to oaks lab and tell him of your findings, he thanks you and gives you your reward. 200poke 100xp
                                                                        end of quest

if yes
Scientist:thank you so much you don't know how thankful I am. There is a door in the back that will take you to the mountain.

You go to the mountain and after a few obstacles and battles you reach the top where you find the Dragonite thrashing about but no Hydreigon. As you walk towards the Dragonite the Hydreigon appears from the sky and attacks.

Hydreigon Move Set:Earthquake, Dragon Pulse, Screech, Double Team. Item:Leftovers
Explanation:Two moves of good attack and accuracy, a move that lowers enemy defense to do more damage, and a move that raises the users evasiveness to make it harder to hit as well as an item that gives the user HP back each turn.

After defeating the Hydreigon you walk toward the Dragonite until he spots you and attacks.

Dragonite Move Set:Dragon Rush, Hurricane, Blizzard, Thunder. Item:Wide Lens
Explanation:Four high power moves with low accuracy and no negative effects on the user and an item that raises accuracy to nullify the low accuracy.

After defeating the Dragonite you go back to the scientist and tell him what happened.

Scientist:Thank you for your help it is much appreciated now, if you'll excuse me I must retrieve the pokemon from the mountain. 200poke 100xp

You then return to Oak at his lab and finish the quest telling him what you found and what you did.

Oak:Thats quite a story, thank you for helping to save the dragon pokemon. 200poke 100xp
                                                                  Total quest earnings:400poke 200xp

I am new to writing so any type of feedback is much appreciated.
I've noticed that my comments have seemed a bit hostile but I don't mean them to be I'm just trying to explain things in greater detail.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 07:42:14 am by vexture »
It's going to be legend- wait for it, and i hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is going to be dairy, legendary!
http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,2575.0.html

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
Re: [Quest]Dragons Rage
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 05:39:17 am »
Seems good but shouldn't the explanation from the scientist come before the 15 battles? Also if someone picks no and automatically finishes the quest, What would have been the point of even battling the 15 dragons and starting the quest in the first place?
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 05:47:16 am »
The explanation come after because you meet him after if you knew about the experiment then there's no point in fighting the dragon pokemon you would just go and fight the Dragonite. The point of finishing the quest is that it's two quests in one, the first quest is to protect the city the second is to save the dragon pokemon if the trainer wants to he can just protect the city and get his reward or continue the quest and receive the full reward. Thank you for the input.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 08:42:09 am by vexture »
It's going to be legend- wait for it, and i hope you're not lactose intolerant because the next word is going to be dairy, legendary!

Offline Bryan

• Lead Pixel Artist
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2012, 04:43:08 pm »
I wouldn't address it as 15 dragon Pokemon either. Maybe, you need to kill a few dragon Pokemon; keep it blunt. 15 is just to exact to me. Just my personal view. But this quest could be interchanged for other events. Poison Pokemon destroying a forest. Steel Pokemon disturbing a power plant.

But other than that, its pretty good.
Deviant Art
Bryan-Mashaney
Check out the link above, for art updates on Pokemon Universe!

Contacts:
Email - [email protected]
Skype - Mashaney

Offline shermana

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 05:43:31 pm »
I really like this idea for a quest. I think the 15 dragon pokemon is a little much, but then again every game needs a hard/difficult quest. Maybe you decrease it from 15 to like 5-10. killing dragon pokemon (depending on their level and what the pokemon is) could be tough. but great idea!

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 12:35:32 am »
First off you don't need to kill the dragon pokemon you just need to subdue them. If I caught someone killing dragon pokemon I would destroy them in the blink of an eye. I agree that 15 is exact and that it may be a bit much but I felt like if I put less then trainers with high level pokemon would have too easy a time cutting through, but you make a valid point it should be less.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 12:48:28 am by vexture »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 06:51:04 am »
Not bad for a quest, but I'd suggest you space it up more to make it easier to read...

One thing I was curious about: What do you exactly mean that 'leave and tell Oak (!? Where did he reappear?) your findings'? How/Where do you think the items should be found?

And why do you need to get them from them (without encountering them somehow) and then later have to battle them. There's some flow issues there...
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Vastitas

• Normal Trainer
  • challenge accepted
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2012, 07:42:46 am »
well its not about the items its about the pokemon you dont need to retrieve the items you need to save the pokemon, you dont bring oak the items you bring him the info of what you found out and you dont battle the pokemon for the items you subdue them so the scientist can get the pokemon the missing items are the hold items that the pokemon have as for where you find oak after the meeting with the scientist I dont know I guess his lab. thanks for pointing that out i noticed afterwards that i wasnt specific enough. Thank you jerry your comment was the most helpful so far.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 09:46:56 pm by vexture »

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 03:27:03 pm »
I've got an idea... Use thief dark type take the items and don't return... Leftovers I LOVE.
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 03:55:38 pm »
I've got an idea... Use thief dark type take the items and don't return... Leftovers I LOVE.

Uh... well it works until you get a pokemon with the 'sticky hold' ability XD
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »
Does hydreigon have sticky hold? i dont think so... :o
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 05:49:17 pm »
I know it doesn't XD

Just saying that in general. I mean, it's one of those abilities that you don't see and well, if you don't expect it, it might be quite the surprise :P