* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Giant Pokemon  (Read 15103 times)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
Re: Giant Pokemon
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »
Don't forget the caterpie that turned into a giant after taking some medicine that was supposed to powerup pokemon, not supersize them.

And the gulpin that accidently grew with Ash' treecko along

And here are more of 'dem from the anime and trivia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Giant_Pok%C3%A9mon
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:11:38 AM by Yukimenoko »

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
  • Gents Dandy Cookies Association
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2012, 07:27:57 PM »
The whole Pokemon dying conflicts with itself since we have all these legendary's that are mentioned in their history and that haunter that lived for a thousand years. They really need to explain the Pokemon's life span a bit more. There was also that episode where a gastly and haunter were trapped in Pokeballs that belong to some pirate dude.
I love Turtles!
For I am the Turtle God!!!

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
  • If I was a pie, I'd be a good pie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2012, 07:40:53 PM »
I agree, we really don't know the average lifespan of a Pokemon. I guess this is sort of because the anime never really confronts the subject of Pokemon dying, despite that numerous times they've made references towards death. Like in the first episode where Misty asks if Pikachu is still breathing, implying that it could in fact be dead. For the legendaries, I'd say the fact that they *are* legendary could be reason that they live so long, but what exactly makes them legendary anyway? In the games they're pretty average Pokemon and I guess the only thing legendary about them is the fact that there's only one of each in existence...but wait! That also conflicts with itself, because there was an episode of Pokemon Chronicles where a trainer finds a baby Lugia and protects it from Team Rocket. This, to me, meant that either the Pokemon Company screwed up in continuity, or the baby Lugia was that of the original Lugia, but then of course who did it breed with? Also, how can a Haunter die anyway? It's already a ghost Pokemon :P

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2012, 08:07:11 PM »
There was also an episode where someone has a Zapdos and she said she raised it since birth I think. Doesn't one of the Battle Frontier Brains have Articuno as a friend? I think what makes them legendary is the fact that they lived a long time and that's it. Now if Pokemon were to make arch story for each Pokemon that is legendary then they would explain what great deeds those legendary's did in order to become so revered and not just called legendary cause they live for so long. I think Pokemon either didn't believe they would have more seasons and just settled for 150 or the game was such a huge success that they decided to add legendary's just so players had something to look for.
Or possibly for a story, like in our world with so many religions they decided that their Legendary Pokemon was the most powerful and named them legendary, but as soon as they made contact with other islands they just bunched them all up.
I love Turtles!

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »
Well wartortle live for 10000 years and he's not a legendary now is he...
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Deion1

• Beginning Trainer
  • Why must I chase the cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
How do pokemon breath inside a pokeball

Offline TheSolx

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My dA page
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 08:35:42 PM »
Irony:
The HAUNTER that lived for a thousand years...

And about the Legendaries, at least the Bird Trio are rebirthed every once in a while... All 3 are like Phoenixes, so they get the knowledge of their predecessor. The exception is Mew, which there is only 1 of. The old Mew dies once it's egg is laid.
They "die" a lot more often than the Ancient Pokémon like Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.
Also, the lore tells that Arceus were the shaper of the universe. That means it must be VERY old! Same goes for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, which were the first ones created by Arceus...

Or something like that. At least it's what I've read... somewhere :|

How they breath in Pokéballs?... No idea

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 08:52:15 PM »
Still doesn't really explain some of the other happenings. Particularly in "Pokemon Chronicles" which featured a lot of game characters turned into anime characters like Ethan, Kris, and Eusine from S/G/C. At one point Raikou is badly hurt and they take it to a Pokemon center like it's nothing...and another episode Silver battles Moltres and almost catches it, but decides not to out of pride. That show in particular kind of made the legendaries seem well ... less legendary.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 08:59:54 PM by Tristan »

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2012, 10:23:53 PM »
And about the Legendaries, at least the Bird Trio are rebirthed every once in a while... All 3 are like Phoenixes, so they get the knowledge of their predecessor. The exception is Mew, which there is only 1 of. The old Mew dies once it's egg is laid.
They "die" a lot more often than the Ancient Pokémon like Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza.
Also, the lore tells that Arceus were the shaper of the universe. That means it must be VERY old! Same goes for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina, which were the first ones created by Arceus...

If mew contains all the Pokemon's DNA shouldn't it be like the god of all Pokemon? I mean if it has every Pokemon's DNA then that means it also has Arceus's, right? Which is kinda weird since Acreus uses plates, right? So before the Universe was shaped he just floated in his psychic ball in nothingness... or something like that? That would explain why he is always curious and floats around the world like it's never seen it before.
I love Turtles!

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 12:13:00 AM »

If mew contains all the Pokemon's DNA shouldn't it be like the god of all Pokemon? I mean if it has every Pokemon's DNA then that means it also has Arceus's, right? Which is kinda weird since Acreus uses plates, right? So before the Universe was shaped he just floated in his psychic ball in nothingness... or something like that? That would explain why he is always curious and floats around the world like it's never seen it before.

Well, we don't really know where Arceus came from, but it created Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina first, then the other legends like Mew and all the trios. Mew may be the "god of all Pokemon" in the sense that it's like a ditto :P, but Arceus is still god of everything. The fact that Mew is very baby-like and innocent was always curious to me. I don't really think Mew is intelligent, maybe more so just pure and rare in the sense that it holds the DNA of every Pokemon. I mean really, what is Mew's purpose? All the other legendaries seem to have some purpose like being a Guardian of something or a protector/watcher, etc., but Mew just wanders around aimlessly, enjoying the little things life has to offer.

Offline Viper

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • The One and Only
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 12:41:19 AM »
The lore goes there was a void of nothingness, and in it a single egg came to being, and that egg hatched and it was Arceus. He then created the pokemon world and all the other legendary pokemon and gave them control over certain aspects of the universe. Mew is the "father" of all pokemon in a sense that all non-legendaries descended from it. How? I have no clue, ask Nintendo.

All of this is found here: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world

Amazing what a little research can do right?

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 01:33:55 AM »
Where the hell did Prof. Oak study? He should get a refund since he missed all the 500+ Pokemon. He said there was only 150 I wonder if how he passed he final exams with that lame excuse.
I love Turtles!

Offline Tristan

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
Where the hell did Prof. Oak study? He should get a refund since he missed all the 500+ Pokemon. He said there was only 150 I wonder if how he passed he final exams with that lame excuse.

Well Nintendo are kind of idiots for that :P Sometimes I swear the anime makes it seem like just as Ash is arriving in a new region, the Pokemon there are just then being discovered for the first time. Which would make no sense for obvious reasons.

Offline Reafer

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 06:33:33 PM »
Everyone in Kanto must be high as hell.
I love Turtles!