* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: The Aplication of The accursed1  (Read 10339 times)

Offline accursed1

• Beginning Trainer
  • I am the accursed one, I eat souls
    • View Profile
The Aplication of The accursed1
« on: February 08, 2012, 01:59:54 AM »
 Hello! I am applying for a position of a Quest Writer/Editor/Journalist. Really anything I can do to let my creativity out and benefit the PU community. I am a Pre-Journalism student at the University of Winnipeg, and am looking for a fun way to make a portfolio for grad school.
I have a short story that I am working on in your Fan Fiction and Writing section of the forums, it is just a small story that has had no editing. I have done it this way so you can see my actual work, and before the story reaches completion, the whole thing will be edited at once.
 I am currently writing my own series directed at 9-15 year old girls, I call it a “gateway” series, aimed at getting these young and impressionable girls into the Fantasy and Adventure genres. Due to copyright issues, I will not be posting that particular piece of work (not saying anyone here would steal another's work, but I do have to protect my interests).
 I had also wanted to write a quest of my own to further express my talents, but cannot find a region map, and as the quest I have in mind takes the player to multiple cities and even to some wild areas, I would love to see a “Town Map” so I can make a great quest for you.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: The Aplication of The accursed1
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 04:22:57 AM »
All I can say: just write. If you catch declan's or spirit's attention, then they will come to you. There is no town map, so use your imagination, and read the other quests to see how you would format it.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Arctus

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2012, 04:57:35 AM »
Good luck with the writing :D Glad to see you want to help out.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »
Or if you have uploaded it somewhere, you can still post the link. And... about copyright issues, you can still sue anyone who violates the copyright. :)

Because otherwise, without some proof that you can do the job, I don't think that you'll get a place within the team.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline accursed1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:31 PM »
Well Jerry as I have said, I have work that I am posting here. My series however will not be posted. I don’t have a copyright on it yet, and this is something that I plan on basing a career off of. Just look a little further, and you will see that I do, indeed have to show.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2012, 06:36:22 PM »
 Well accursed1 I can only say what CortexJ has said: just write. You don't really need to know the geography or lore to right a pretty damn good quest. Just let your imagination fly and if it bothers you that much, just name it 'Town A', 'Town B', etc. That way if you do make the Team and once there is a permanent map, you can just replace the names. Just write it in a way you think would be fun to complete, and if you make it as complex as possible I will give you +3 internets. Doesn't have to be, but you know, the more detailed and thought through it is, the better. (Well not always, but you get the picture.) Happy hunting :).
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »
Who needs a map if you can create various cities from your imagination. You might be able to descibe the places you have in mind, big chance that a city/town resembles your thought. As far as I know cities can be pretty much made so that it fits with your idea for a quest. I'm used to writing a few quests too, just let the imagination flow ~

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline accursed1

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2012, 11:05:41 PM »
I was just worried that if I made a quest to get into a area where you could find Dragons, that I would be told that these areas don't exists, and to do my homework before making a quest.  exe... If I had people go to a haunted house and find an item, then go to a cave and find an NPC who then tells them to climb a mountain, and help his friend who got stuck in lava... (I don't know, I just pulled this off the top of my head...) I did not want to hear, "Wow, you are stupid. None of these areas are in the game, learn to read." (Which has been the case before.)

I am currently working on something at this moment, which I will put forth once it's done! (Hmmm... Maybe I will incorporate some of this into my quest.....)

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »
You shouldn't worry about that too much at PU.

We do have an pixelart section for most general stuff that will appear in the game but that's just general. We also have the Pixelart Quest section that contains all information about stuff we need to make for certain quests.

We do not deny quests, for as far as I know we accept all kinds of quests. And for as far as I hear from you, you'll be creating a series of quests that will chained to eachother, and those are the ones we like the most. ^^

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »
I was just worried that if I made a quest to get into a area where you could find Dragons, that I would be told that these areas don't exists, and to do my homework before making a quest.  exe... If I had people go to a haunted house and find an item, then go to a cave and find an NPC who then tells them to climb a mountain, and help his friend who got stuck in lava... (I don't know, I just pulled this off the top of my head...) I did not want to hear, "Wow, you are stupid. None of these areas are in the game, learn to read." (Which has been the case before.)

I am currently working on something at this moment, which I will put forth once it's done! (Hmmm... Maybe I will incorporate some of this into my quest.....)

Well other than the "stuck in the lava" part I did not have a problem with it. And as far as making a quest that is not in game: does it matter? If it's good and you show promise you might make the cut. It's better to try than to worry about it.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline RadioactiveLemon

• Beginning Trainer
  • I like the number six
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 04:21:57 AM »
Give us an example. Let your creativity flow.
*insert creative signature here*