* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Bing's Nuzlocke Adventure/Challenge.  (Read 9635 times)

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
Bing's Nuzlocke Adventure/Challenge.
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:11:05 AM »
Hello, everybody.  Today I'm bringing in my own version of the Nuzlocke Challenge.  It's a more traditional version than Cortex's.  Rather than make the game strangely hard, I want to add an element of emotion to your pokemon experience.  I want you to actually start caring about that pixel art.  So when one dies, you feel like you lost a friend.  Because ultimately this is what the Nuzlocke challenge was born from.

Original Comic - The one that inspired it all.
http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=1

Another awesome Nuzlocke comic:
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8280555/1/
And.
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8299951/1/

Now for the rules.

1.You must catch the first pokemon you see in an area.  If it's a pokemon you already own, tough luck.  You can't catch it, aaand it counts as your pokemon for the area.  If it faints or you have to run, you may not catch a pokemon from that area.  Move on and cry about your failure. (Routes, caves, forests, buildings.  Basically any new area you've yet to explore.).  Also, you may receive pokemon as gifts from NPCs but, you may not make any trades with them.  (Receiving a gift pokemon counts as your pokemon from that area.)

2. You may use Pokémon centers and items to heal, no buying items though.

3. Once you've started a route, cave, forest, anything.  You must finish it.  No turning back to heal.  You may return to areas you've completed in order to grind but, you may only go back to heal once each of your pokemon has grown at least one level.

4. If a Pokémon faints, you must release it.  It's dead, get over it.

5. Pokemon must evolve when they can, no saving for a certain move.  Also if you find a stone/item to evolve a pokemon of yours, you must use it.  (Exception if you must trade a pokemon to evolve it.  Unless you have someone to trade with.)

6. Six pokemon are allowed to be owned at one time.  If you own six, no more may be caught, if you receive a gift pokemon while having six in your team.  Release it.  A pokemon that faints is dead, and must be released, it can also be replaced at that time.

7. Exception to rule #2, you may buy pokeballs, but you may have no more than ten at a time.  Balls found in areas count towards this.  If you have more.  Drop some.

8. You may only purchase full restores before starting the elite 4, but you may only have a total of 10.

9. The item max revive can only be used to revive a "dead" Pokémon on your team.  Dead pokemon are dead.

10. You may use healing items you find in battle.  (Exception for Elite 4 battles.)  But, no held items.

11. You may use TMs and HMs you find or are given.  Like all items, you may not buy them.

12. You can't use a legendary Pokémon.  You must defeat all the legendary pokemon of your chosen game. (Seriously, legends are for pansies anyway.)

13. All pokemon must have nick-names.  It makes you closer to them.  So don't let them die.

14. At anytime, you may catch and use a pokemon for the sole purpose of an HM but, you must release one of your party to do so.  (If one of your party can use the HM move, this rule does not apply.)  Kind of an evil rule but necessary.

I know that the original challenge only has two rules, but I'd like to keep some form of originality for this.

Those rules are the following:  1) You can only catch the first pokemon encountered in each new area.
                                             2) If a pokemon faints, consider it dead and release it.

http://www.nuzlocke.com/challenge.php

And as always-

Never give up, Never forget, and Grind like hell.

Now enjoy, I'll be playing on platinum.  Post here to keep track if you'd like.   
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:26:15 AM by Bing »

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Bing's Nuzlocke Adventure/Challenge.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 03:11:32 AM »
Sorry for the double post but, I wanted to keep my progress and my introduction separate.

Game: Platinum.
Trainer: Bing.

Current Pokemon:
Kathy (Chimchar) (F)
Minnie (Shinx) (F)

Events:
-Left little root.

-Picked starter. (Kathy)

-Blew though tutorials.

-Caught Minnie.

-Reached Jublife.

-Currently grinding.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:14:55 AM »
i will just say this, these rules are so much boring than Cortex rules... its like saying "Go ahead and play the game normaly" with the exception of a few little things.
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 04:59:37 AM »
your the reason that this flame war even started so dont push it on me, you only took Cortex ideia and made your own, that is called lack of imagination

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 05:04:29 AM »
Game: Platinum.
Trainer: Bing.

Current Pokemon:
Kathy (Chimchar) (F)
Minnie (Shinx) (F)
Bill (Psyduck) (M)

Events:
-Left little root.

-Picked starter. (Kathy)

-Blew though tutorials.

-Caught Minnie.

-Reached Jublife.

-Currently grinding.

-Beat the snot out of my rival.

-Caught Bill (Psyduck)

-Let grinding ensue.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:19:39 PM by Bing »

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 05:29:37 AM »
Might do this on my DS with Soul Silver after I get a Squirtle and transfer it to my Pokemon White =w=
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 07:23:10 AM »
You forgot another important mandatory Nuzlocke rule, in each area you must catch the first pokémon you encounter after that you're not allowed to catch in that area anymore.

If you want a legendary pokémon you gotta take a lot of repels with you.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 07:31:51 AM »

I know that the original challenge only has two rules, but I'd like to keep some form of originality for this.

Yep... Seems so.

And your rules still indicate that people should grind like hell anyway especially when they want to enter a dungeon/cave in order to let the team survive.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:33:33 AM by Yukimenoko »

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 05:15:24 PM »
Technically, the general amount of pokémon evolve around level 40 while the ridiculous strong tier in nintendo's opinion evolves beyond that point. So the point of level 45 being the maximum level to be allowed to evolve just sounds reasonable.

Also, if everyones gonna make their own way of nuzlocke challenge we might end up with a poopload of topics about nuzlocke challenges each with an personal added rule, and I'd rather don't want to see something like that happen...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:17:02 PM by Yukimenoko »

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 06:23:26 PM »
just say for sure for you all, this is not a war or anything, im just informing.

When i played Pokemon Silver, i would allways beat with with only one pokemon, and i mean the whole game, and that pokemon was Typhlosion, with the move set of ThunderPunch, Flamethrower, Earthquake, and Flame Wheel, i allways only healed after gyms and never grinded once (never did grinded, and never will) , the only other 2 pokemon i would use were a pidgey and the Red Gyarados for Fly, Surf, Strength and Waterfall

care to beat that? (this is more of a challenge) ^^

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 07:28:08 PM »
Ok, Aqua and Yuki.  I would like to please ask you to remove your posts from this thread.  Crotex revived something I haven't done in a long time.  And I just wanted to make available to players the rules I used to follow when doing one.  I posted it in the correct area, so I haven't done anything wrong.  I've removed any posts I may of had that were potentially off topic and maybe mean.

I just ask that you please stop bombing this thread and remove your posts.   

I'll remove this one after you remove yours.

I just want a clean thread where I can post my progress and other people can post theirs as well.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:31:00 PM by Bing »

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 07:36:50 PM »
Wouldn't it be better if we made a thread in which we have the general nuzlocke challenge and just suggest rules to eachother?

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »
It would, but when I suggested alternate rules on Cortes's thread.  I got flamed at.  So I think my thread is justified to avoid anymore flame.  Also people do playthrough threads all the time.  I don't see how this is different.  As stated in the title.  it's Bing's Nuzlocke Adventure/Challenge.  I know I should have put it in the first post but I plan on forming a kind of shot story from the notes I take as I play.  So for the sake of forum placement.  This seemed to be the best place.  Also I have a few other people doing this with me, and this is a place they can post.  So please do as I asked above.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »
You forgot another important mandatory Nuzlocke rule, in each area you must catch the first pokémon you encounter after that you're not allowed to catch in that area anymore.

If you want a legendary pokémon you gotta take a lot of repels with you.

Its in red and is rule number 1.

Technically, the general amount of pokémon evolve around level 40 while the ridiculous strong tier in nintendo's opinion evolves beyond that point. So the point of level 45 being the maximum level to be allowed to evolve just sounds reasonable.

Also, if everyones gonna make their own way of nuzlocke challenge we might end up with a poopload of topics about nuzlocke challenges each with an personal added rule, and I'd rather don't want to see something like that happen...

Actually a ton of pokemon evolve in the 15-25 range.

Back on topic.
I will be starting my run sometime today and I will be recording it all and placing it on youtube. Job well done on yours Meowth. Sucks you had a hard time with the first rival battle though lql.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 09:02:52 PM »
TRANSMISSION_END