* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Pick figthing Pokémon  (Read 6209 times)

Offline Denaton

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • Smash Potato Entertainment
Pick figthing Pokémon
« on: March 19, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »
something i miss in the Gameboy games is that (havent played the new once) i always has to chose the order of the pokémon before every fight. Ash in the series always pick his battling pokémon after he sees what wild Pokémon he meets. This will no work in PvP since you will not know witch Pokémon your opponent chose, but i think it would be cool to be able to chose what Pokémon you wanna start to fight with before sending anyone out..

Since i am fairly new i have read some of the rules and most of the rules are the same every where. I did use the search button but if this suggestion is already out there feel free to delete, i know i would.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
  • Being a Airhead its a Bliss...what's a bliss?..
    • View Profile
Re: Pick figthing Pokémon
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »
part of expert battling styles its to allways be ready for what may come, ussualy people use the same OverUsed pokemon to start so the experts tend to know allready what they are up agaisnt before the fight starts

so my advice here its taking an ideia i saw from Pokemon Online Simulator, its to have a option prior to battling to be able to see the other's party and change your pokemons any way you wish.
Im a girl, not a guy... and pleasse call me Aqua , a Pachirisu lover^^

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »
 Well, technically you CAN choose which Pokémon you want to start a fight with, you just have to place it in the first (topmost) spot. It will always be your starter. I understand what you are suggesting, but I like it the way it is now. You wouldn't really know which Pokémon will appear when you are in high grass or other spawning areas, so it just adds to the challenge of the game to keep guessing which Pokémon you should have as Starter. You could also just make a permanent Pokémon whose role is solely for starting fights. Persian would be a good choice for that with it's Fake Out which will give you a free hit on the enemy.

part of expert battling styles its to allways be ready for what may come, ussualy people use the same OverUsed pokemon to start so the experts tend to know allready what they are up agaisnt before the fight starts

so my advice here its taking an ideia i saw from Pokemon Online Simulator, its to have a option prior to battling to be able to see the other's party and change your pokemons any way you wish.

I am against this idea. You won't know which order someone will send his Pokémon in so it really just comes down to guessing. If you can see your enemy's Pokémon, the same can be said backwards. So now we have a scenario where you change to a Pokémon which has an advantage over their Starter, while he does the same, and then you would still be where you started: you don't know what he will choose for a Starter. Unless of course, he leaves his team the way it is, or guesses correctly what you will use for a replacement and chooses an appropriate one. I just think it's too much of a hassle and it's fine the way it is, but if the rest of the community wishes to do that as well and the Team approves, it's also fine.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 10:58:41 PM by genbor »
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:04:48 PM »
I am against this idea. You won't know which order someone will send his Pokémon in so it really just comes down to guessing. If you can see your enemy's Pokémon, the same can be said backwards. So now we have a scenario where you change to a Pokémon which has an advantage over their Starter, while he does the same, and then you would still be where you started: you don't know what he will choose for a Starter. Unless of course, he leaves his team the way it is, or guesses correctly what you will use for a replacement and chooses an appropriate one. I just think it's too much of a hassle and it's fine the way it is, but if the rest of the community wishes to do that as well and the Team approves, it's also fine.

I agree with you there, but in that case u must outsmart the other person, thats why i said add the option, being only a option people may use it or not, its up to them

Offline smooth330

• Beginning Trainer
  • Skill over Stats
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 04:05:03 AM »

^ i think this is the best.. be prepared for anything

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 05:53:38 AM »

Just bring pain with your lead.  That works.

Being able to see your opponents party is no fun.  Also it's stupid, in the anime they don't know their opponent's full team.  Just the lead.  This idea is just stupid and annoying.  There is no need for it.  On PO I always choose to hide my team, so making it an option is pointless as well.  Since most people will choose to have it off.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 08:29:07 AM »

Just bring pain with your lead.  That works.

Being able to see your opponents party is no fun.  Also it's stupid, in the anime they don't know their opponent's full team.  Just the lead.  This idea is just stupid and annoying.  There is no need for it.  On PO I always choose to hide my team, so making it an option is pointless as well.  Since most people will choose to have it off.

I'm not sure, but the official games of black and white show the team of your opponent before you go in a batte in black & white. Correct me if I'm wrong, it's been a long time since I did a Wi-Fi battle.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 02:10:36 PM »
if i remember correctly, they do for battles that arent by FC, its those battles that you battle a random person that they show theother person's pokemon and then you select 3 of the 6 pokemon you want to use.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 02:38:02 PM »
That's wifi clause, it allows you to change your line-up. But, like Bing said, just go with a strong lead. For wild pokemon, I could see selecting your lead before the battle, but PvP should stay as is.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 02:40:47 PM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Denaton

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »
The high grass argument is not that good since Ash could pick Pokémon when he saw them. You dont throw a Pokeball and hope for the best and a Pokémon appear. In the Nintendo 64 version of battle in Pokémon you had 6 Pokémon and you would have to chose 3 in any order. Why not make so you can see the players (or not) but still chose what Pokémon you wanna start with. I think this will prevent allot of XP feeding to a single Pokémon.. (Still just a theory)

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 05:30:50 PM »
I understand what you're saying its just, if you can see your opponents team, some of the strategy is taken away.  It's easy to counter something when you know it's coming.  I like the idea for battling wild pokemon or NPCs but, for PVP it makes no sense. 
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 07:25:23 PM by Bing »

Offline Denaton

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
The suggestion was mainly for wild and not pvp. Also the thing about seeing others Pokémon was not an idea i had...
Maby was unclear  :P

Offline Aquashin

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 05:51:19 PM »
to solve this discussion... i gave the ideia of putting that option before the pvp, so there is not much discussion about it