* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: World War P.  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
World War P.
« on: April 01, 2012, 01:06:38 PM »
World War P.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue.

The year is 2025, and the history of this world’s brief existence is written in the blood of the slain. For their entire existence humans have strived to perfect the art of destruction. They have developed weapons that destroy entire cities in the blink of the eye. They strive constantly to become more efficient at the art of killing, always improving their killing prowess.

Once, a very long time ago, humanity was at peace. We lived side by side with another race of creatures; these creatures were the second half to humanity one couldn’t exist without the other. Once these two races lived together, in perfect peace, but one day their worlds were ripped apart by the actions of one man. The effects of his actions exceeded what he expected, too late he tried to undo what he had done, but the wish was made. Both worlds were reset to zero, neither knowing of the other’s existence. The two worlds existed without knowledge of each other’s existence for thousands of years.  After thousands of years of bloodshed, a war that consumed almost the entire world, nearly half of the planet’s population laid dead or dying.  Seeing that the human race couldn’t survive another war of similar magnitude, the nations of the world made peace. Old grudges were laid to rest, and foes became allies. A new era of peace was ushered in; it finally seemed humanity had weaned itself of its taste for blood.

A new government arose and the world was united under one flag. The world rebuilt at a speed never before seen, entire cities were rebuilt in months.  This peace would only last so long though. Only twenty years after the Great War the earth shook as a new foe set foot on it. The creatures attacked with a ferocity never seen before, hundreds of thousands died within the first few days, a month later over a million laid dead at their feet. After a month of rapid expansion the creatures stopped all movement, they weren’t seen or heard at all. Fearing further attacks the new government surrounded the land the creatures had taken. For three months there existed a tentative peace between the creatures and humanity. The Government was hopeful they could establish a peace treaty with the creatures, then the Message was broadcasted for all the world to see.

“Citizens of the Earth, I wish to correct an ancient wrong, I wish to merge the two worlds into one. Humanity as a whole can't see that it is blind and incomplete! Half of our essence was robbed of us by the greed of one man! Using the power of these creatures I will bring the two halves back together, to make a whole again. But in order to do that I must burn this planet to the ground. In three weeks time the war will begin in earnest, all will perish under our wrath. For three weeks the borders of my creatures is open to all who wish to support my cause, if you wish to weather the coming storm simply join my cause, resist and you will be trampled under our march. You have three weeks...”

Seeking to end any conflict before it was allowed to spread any further, a full scale attack was launched against the creatures. The attack ended in total defeat, not one soldier escaped the creature’s wrath, four hundred thousand died on March sixth 2025. In that short three weeks over two million people had found their way into the creature’s grasp, none of them were ever seen again. True to his word the creatures only became aggressive again after the three weeks had passed. They pushed the Government further and further back, advancing more and more. They took no pity on the soldiers who they fought, not a single soldier ever returned from a battle. After six more months had passes all of Asia, Australia, Europe, and most of Africa was under their control. All hope seemed lost until the Congo Siege gave humanity their first victory in the war.  After a week of heavy fighting the Government got a weak radio signal from the Congo Headquarters, the creatures had been pushed back… After this day the soldiers of the army knew they weren’t being sent into missions that none of them would return from, they had a fighting chance to win this war.

With this victory humanity slowed the creatures advance significantly. Another month passed and all the defensive lines were holding. That being said the war still was stacked against humanity; they were being attacked on all fronts at once, ground, air, and sea.  Still they fought on, knowing that if they faltered then their families might never get to see another day, never take another breath, never hold them again… That’s when the roof fell in on humanity. On January 7th 2026 the Congo line was hit by a creature of never before seen power, within minutes the line crumbled, three days later the Congo Line didn’t exist anymore; seventy thousand lie dead after the attack. The Government knew if any of the other lines were hit by that sort of power they would crumble just as quickly, it was time to go on the offensive. An elite squad of twenty soldiers was handpicked to find and kill the man responsible for this bloodshed. That was three days ago.
-------------------------------
A bit ago I tried to make a RP about this, but got no takers. A few days ago I just felt like writing about this so here is the fruit of my labors. This is my first attempt at writing anything like this so be somewhat kind with your critiques. ;) Other then that tell me what you guys think.