* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Hmm.. perhaps randomized spawn points.  (Read 12101 times)

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
Hmm.. perhaps randomized spawn points.
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »
Say there is a forest, in that forest you can expect to catch anything ranging from bugs to small woodland creatures to the occasional wandering whatever, i think instead of set spawn points, randomized spawn points according to a pokemon's living habitat would be a welcome change over the habitual set spawn points of pokemon's predecessors.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
Re: Hmm.. perhaps randomized spawn points.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 01:46:17 AM »
Say there is a forest, in that forest you can expect to catch anything ranging from bugs to small woodland creatures to the occasional wandering whatever, i think instead of set spawn points, randomized spawn points according to a pokemon's living habitat would be a welcome change over the habitual set spawn points of pokemon's predecessors.

I thought it was always "spawn points according to a pokemon's living habitat" ?

Offline ChaoticXSinZ

• WebDev
  • Contributor
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
    • LuqmanRocks
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »
I thought it was always "spawn points according to a pokemon's living habitat" ?
Maybe he thought spawn points are hard-coded spots?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 02:54:12 AM by ChaoticXSinZ »

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 12:55:50 AM »
Slightly, but there is little discrepancies such as like Buizel chilling by a powerplant, or like other random pokemon in locations, and you couldn't find a scyther/pinsir in a forest like in the show, I just want a little more location realism feel if you get me.

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:41:39 AM »
I think i get where your comin from, and i agree, seeing as all pokemon from all series are going to be implemented maybe this has been looked at and will be done more indepth than the previous games like your saying, well hopefully =p but yea, it makes sense :)
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 08:16:51 PM »
Indeed, the details would have to be worked out, but I think it's plausible.

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 02:48:12 AM »
StephenKill2, i get where ur coming from, wanting realism in the game, especially since this will be a MMORPG.

but having to run around everywhere to catch a caterpie as if it was latios or latias in pokemon emerald?

we would just lose players due to stress of trying to catch their favorite pokemon.

see where im coming from?
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 07:04:24 AM »
StephenKill2, i get where ur coming from, wanting realism in the game, especially since this will be a MMORPG.

but having to run around everywhere to catch a caterpie as if it was latios or latias in pokemon emerald?

we would just lose players due to stress of trying to catch their favorite pokemon.

see where im coming from?

I do not see where your coming from, read the post, I said habitual randomization please try to understand my elaborations and read thoroughly before misinterpreting.

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »
I think I know where you're going with this, but I'm still not so sure.

Give me a couple of examples please :]

You're saying like

Powerplant: Pikachu, Voltorbs, Jolteons

Forrest: Sudowodo, treeco, pinico

???

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
From the previous posts, I think that yes, it's like you get electric type pokemon in 'electric' areas, bug type pokemon in areas usually full of bugs, etc.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Phosphorous

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 04:46:36 PM »
oh. I feel like that's always been done either way.

Unless Stephenkill2 is trying to say; make it even more specific to where pokemon are put at. ?

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 05:20:45 PM »
I don't understand this thread at all. Pokemon already appear where you would expect them to in the official games...
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 05:32:05 PM »
I don't understand this thread at all. Pokemon already appear where you would expect them to in the official games...

QFT.. I read this thread a dozen times but still I have no idea what the OP means.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »
Look, I'll elaborate. Like some of the locations where shinx was to be found were barren and contained no other electric types, or abra just chilling randomly outside of a city, which would never happen, he would most likely be in a forest because he sleeps under trees. The habitual locations overall of original pokemon games can be looked over and made to match habitual traits of pokemon , not to mention you would only find like (4 pokemon?) in one are except for a select few, ergo, I would like to see an expanded pokemon list a little better restricted to actual living patterns with a wider variety and selection.

Understandable?  :P

Offline Alais

• Normal Trainer
  • I like shorts. They're comfy and easy to wear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »
I never found this to be particularly an issue. Pokemon are mostly where you expect them, and why not have a few colonies which have moved to unexpected locations? It happens in the real world after all. As for only finding a few species in one patch of grass (it is normally around 8-10, which isn't really that few), there are a few reasons for it: 1) It makes the trainer travel and makes working out where to find a particular pokemon more of a challenge, 2) species tend to stick together in groups and compete with other species, meaning that it makes sense only a few can tolerate being near each other, and 3) you don't find an even distribution of a ton of different species in every similar-looking habitat, there is differentiation.
Remember, unless we say it will be included, a Team Member's speculation and ideas are still just speculation and ideas. Though it may be more likely to be included, there are no guarantees!

Please check out our Jobs forum if you would like to help us with the development of Pokemon Universe. We don't bite, but we do have high standards. Hope to see you on IRC!