* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539230 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #255 on: June 03, 2012, 03:23:18 am »
Well if the pokemon summery sheet is in PU like it is in the games then it might show who the original trainer is like it does in the games. Now I'm sure there are still ways to get around it.

But thats why I asked you guys for more ideas on a way to decide Breeder Elite.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 03, 2012, 04:05:43 am »
For the wild card elite, would you have to specify your type as wild card? Or would you just stick with your main type and challenge for the title? If there's a yes to that, then would a person be able to be the elite for both their type and the wild card?

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 03, 2012, 04:22:44 am »
Yes, your type would be "Wild Card" and you can only be Elite for one type.

"Wild Card" would be just like any other type(Water, Rock, Ground etc.) and would need to challenge someone else of the Wild Card type and win against them the most times out of 17 battles in order to become the Wild Card Elite.

The main idea behind the Wild Card was someone who would be efficient at all types and be able to be a substitute for someone of a random type.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:26:31 am by Roloc »
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 03, 2012, 09:14:09 am »
Okay so I was thinking about some other things we could add Elite title to such as Elite Breeder and Elite Wild Card(this has been mentioned before)
Now I have an easy idea of how the Wild Card Elite would be decided but what about the Breeder Elite?

Wild Card Elite:
Two Wild Cards can battle 17 times (once for every type) and whoever has the most wins at the end gets the title. This would be a long Title match
and god speed to anyone who undergoes it XD

Breeder Elite:
The only thing I could come up with for deciding this is to have the two breeders breed 1 perfect(Nature/Stats/Ability/Moves) Pokemon and whoever
gets done the fastest and with the fewest mistakes would be rewarded the title.

Again I don't know if that would really work out to well for deciding breeder elite so I would like other ideas from you guys for a way to decide this.

So give me some ideas for how to decide:
The Wild Card / Breeder Elite.
More Elite titles (Berry Grower Elite or Farmer Elite?)
Any ideas you may have for the guild, I and I'm sure others would like to hear them.

I don't really think it's all that possible for an Elite breeder type, since there would be ways of 'cheating' submission. Besides, it implies breeding is competitive in Pokemon, and it isn't to me at least.

I would change Elite Wild Card to one of these names, that imply status, instead of randomness:

-Master Elite
-Multitype Elite
-Ditto (:p)
-Type Master
-Champion
(etc.)

As for berry farming... it doesn't take much skill, moreover patience methinks.

other Elite status i can think of would be like
Mono-Elite (one who uses single typed Pokemon only)
Dual-Elite (one who uses variant Pokemon only)
Furry Elite (uses only Pokemon that are Furries)
Scale Elite (Scaled Pokemon only)
Novice Elite (uses only Basic/baby Pokemon)
Sky Elite (uses only Pokemon with wings)

etc. Just throwing stuff out here
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 03, 2012, 09:42:30 am »
I don't really think it's all that possible for an Elite breeder type, since there would be ways of 'cheating' submission. Besides, it implies breeding is competitive in Pokemon, and it isn't to me at least.

I would change Elite Wild Card to one of these names, that imply status, instead of randomness:

-Master Elite
-Multitype Elite
-Ditto (:p)
-Type Master
-Champion
(etc.)

As for berry farming... it doesn't take much skill, moreover patience methinks.

other Elite status i can think of would be like
Mono-Elite (one who uses single typed Pokemon only)
Dual-Elite (one who uses variant Pokemon only)
Furry Elite (uses only Pokemon that are Furries)
Scale Elite (Scaled Pokemon only)
Novice Elite (uses only Basic/baby Pokemon)
Sky Elite (uses only Pokemon with wings)

etc. Just throwing stuff out here

It may be possible, it may not be
But I want to hear from all guildies to see what everyone thinks and what ideas they may have for a way to make it happen. Theres nothing wrong with a little competition. You don't have to compete to be Elite Breeder(if it makes it in) if you don't want to. We don't force anyone to be competitive and we have a few members that simply like to use one type and aren't competitive players.

Wild Card Elite isn't randomness and it implies status just the same as the other Elites do.
Wild Card was decided a long time ago in the first EE thread by a few of our guild mates.

Berry farming may be easy but the same can be said about the rest of the game to certain people. Like battling to me is very easy, and breeding is very easy to Miss Wednesday and I'm sure both of those are easy to other people as well.

As for your Elite titles we will have to see what the rest of the guild thinks of them.
I myself like the idea of the Mono-Elite one

Thanks for all your feedback :)
Damage Calculator

zylonnick

« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2012, 11:04:31 am »
I like the ideas of the breeder Elite (they still have to represent a type) and the Wildcard Elite. The scale/wing/etc elite would change the goal of this guild, namely becoming the best by only using 1 type of pokemon, so I have tend to dislike those ideas. If you start going that way, dragonlike teams with charizard, gyarados, aerodactyl... will start appearing too. Who knows where it will end? 'Evil' teams consisting from poison, dark, ghost and bug types?

I also believe every guild member should try to make the breeders' job as easy as possible. If you come across a ditto, catch it and store it on the guild's box so breeders have access to dittos from every nature which will help to speed up the breeding process. Also, if you want a breeder to make you a good EV'd pokemon with certain moves, you should at least bring him thebasic pokemon (for example: bring a pidgeotto to breed an EV'd pidgey with a certain nature.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 03, 2012, 11:32:41 am »
The scale/wing/etc elite would change the goal of this guild, namely becoming the best by only using 1 type of pokemon, so I have tend to dislike those ideas.

Yeah, I agree with ponge on this. This guild is about monotype trainers. Thats why I didn't mind the "Mono-Elite (one who uses single typed Pokemon only)" as long as they are all the same type. But that would severely limit the pokemon you could use so I don't really think thats all that great of an idea either now that I think about it.

The wild card elite lets those people who want more of a challenge try to be awesome at every type. I know Fox and Meowth once talked about how they would like to give it a try.

The breeder Elite would give just a little extra something fun for people who like to breed to do. they will still be using monotype teams just like Miss Wednesday is using water and MAC is using grass.
Since most of us are competitive battlers we will need breeders desperately. Having them in the guild with us will make it easier for us to help them get what they need to breed and for them to help us. So like Ponge said, we need to try and help make the breeders job easier.

EDIT: Added a new note to the first post. Thanks to Ponge.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:39:55 am by Roloc »
Damage Calculator

zylonnick

« Reply #262 on: June 03, 2012, 01:09:58 pm »
After careful consideration, I've finally decided on my type. It's going to be water, since it has more options. Both dark and water were fun to use, but with water, I can go either offensive, balanced or stall. I tend to play balanced with stallish accents, so this style would fit me best. I just can't wait to put my team together in-game, it's going to be epic. ;)

I'm also going to use this opportunity to claim my fellow water type user Miss Wednessday as my breeder. :P   

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 03, 2012, 02:02:47 pm »
That my friend your to late on. I claimed her a long time ago ;D
Damage Calculator

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 03, 2012, 03:18:53 pm »
I'm not sure what other title I'd have on top of being a water trainer. Maybe fisherman, which means I collect a large stock of water types to give to people if they want to train or breed or whatever. Or do you think most people will collect as many of their type as possible anyway, instead of just sticking with their team and a few others?

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 03, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »
No clue about everyone else. However they like to play thats what they will do. Personally I will have all bug pokemon and my mixed team and everything else I will be giving to miss wednesday. I know she will be collecting every pokemon she can get her hands on. XD
Damage Calculator

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 03, 2012, 06:34:19 pm »
I'll have my ice team in and then a mixed team of all my favorites.

Daylin: 35/100

zylonnick

« Reply #267 on: June 03, 2012, 06:38:03 pm »
I'll have about 10 water types and my team of favourites. The rest can go to anyone who wants them (maybe the guild's box?).

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 03, 2012, 09:02:02 pm »
Personally, i'd like to have an adept team of each 17 types and from there make a mixed/favorites team
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 03, 2012, 09:08:58 pm »
since I will go with wildcard IF we decide to implement it into the guild, I will probably have plenty from each type for anyone that would need it.considering at the start you will want to catch as many as possible to be a head.
TRANSMISSION_END