* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539902 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #285 on: June 08, 2012, 12:17:34 am »
Okay, I prefer,rolocs idea, because.Yeah, a lesser title, for a harder set of battles. 9(or 17) opposed too 2-3. yeah.. GREAT plan. another thing is teh elite battles, 9 battles, where you can use any type vs them against anytype, so, if they had their team showing, you could chose a type that is universally SE on theirs, like them having ghost and choosing dark, or like, them having a dark and you chose fight.

also,to the "pick a type" comment from bing, what if You are "good"(as in, your average) In all types, therefor you have no reason to pick a type? another thing is, I propose that you would have to fight ONE person, like roloc, to SHOW you have a team for every type, so you can't just use it to get around picking a type.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 08, 2012, 03:42:22 am »
Well, I guess it's time I weighed in. I mostly agree with Bing, I think having a wild card elite is a great idea, but not at the expense of the regular elites. I think it shouldn't be a "lesser" title, but rather a completely separate one. Everyone should still stick with a type, but anyone can go for the wild card title. If you're an elite and you win the title, you stay as whatever elite type you already are with the added wild card title. Of course, if you're not an elite, you just get the wild card title by itself, but you're still classed as your original element.

As for the actual competition to become the wild card elite, I think Bing has it in the bag, different types, no repeats. Also, Meowth is right that you should also show that you do have the full 17 teams before you get the title, if by showing the teams you didn't use, or showing all of them to someone like Roloc beforehand. Addressing Meowth's concern about picking a super effective team, clearly both players would have to hide their teams before starting.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 08, 2012, 05:01:33 am »
Ok, for my personal opinion on wild cards.  No, pick a type.  But, seeing how people actually want this.  I propose, a pseudo Elite position, a lesser title.  I propose about 3 wild cards at a time.  You need to battle for it.  Using a first to 9 wins battle system.  You can use any type you'd like but, each round you must choose a different team.  You may not repeat types during the match.  (The most battles you could have in a first to 9, is 17 battles, and there are?  17 types, it's a theme)  It would keep the battles random, and show how you are flexible with each type.  Which is needed in that area.
Okay, I prefer,rolocs idea, because.Yeah, a lesser title, for a harder set of battles. 9(or 17) opposed too 2-3. yeah.. GREAT plan. another thing is teh elite battles, 9 battles, where you can use any type vs them against anytype, so, if they had their team showing, you could chose a type that is universally SE on theirs, like them having ghost and choosing dark, or like, them having a dark and you chose fight.

also,to the "pick a type" comment from bing, what if You are "good"(as in, your average) In all types, therefor you have no reason to pick a type? another thing is, I propose that you would have to fight ONE person, like roloc, to SHOW you have a team for every type, so you can't just use it to get around picking a type.
Well, I guess it's time I weighed in. I mostly agree with Bing, I think having a wild card elite is a great idea, but not at the expense of the regular elites. I think it shouldn't be a "lesser" title, but rather a completely separate one. Everyone should still stick with a type, but anyone can go for the wild card title. If you're an elite and you win the title, you stay as whatever elite type you already are with the added wild card title. Of course, if you're not an elite, you just get the wild card title by itself, but you're still classed as your original element.

As for the actual competition to become the wild card elite, I think Bing has it in the bag, different types, no repeats. Also, Meowth is right that you should also show that you do have the full 17 teams before you get the title, if by showing the teams you didn't use, or showing all of them to someone like Roloc beforehand. Addressing Meowth's concern about picking a super effective team, clearly both players would have to hide their teams before starting.

Okay lets see if I have this right.

• "Wild Card" will be a separate title that EVERYONE can get even if you already have the Elite title for a type. It will NOT be a lesser title.
  • There will NOT be a Wild Card type so everyone will still be picking a type to specialize in.
  • In order to get the Wild Card title you have have to do a first to 9 wins battle system. You can use any type you'd like but, each round you must choose a different team.  You may not repeat types during the match.  (The most battles you could have in a first to 9, is 17 battles.
  • When battling to get the Wild Card title, both players will need to hide their teams so the battles are kept random
  • Just like the Elite battles, an officer must be present to witness the battle. Either before the battles or afterwards, BEFORE the title is awarded to the victor they must show all 17 teams or if after the battles then they simply have to show the ones they didn't get to use

How does this sound to everyone?
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 08, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »
It sounds to me like a bulleted list makes more sense. I honestly could not be arsed to read several paragraphs for an idea.

(One reason I use spaces between sentences like this)
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 08, 2012, 08:22:37 pm »
It sounds good to be but the question is, how many wild cards should be have?  Also like the Elite I don't wanna just appoint the first  wild cards.  They'd have to earn it.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 09, 2012, 01:17:33 am »
I'm ok with this idea. If you can master all 17 types, then more power to you.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 10, 2012, 03:56:53 am »
I would love to sign up as specializing in fire.
I just found this. Loving the idea, may I join?

Sorry, but I just seen you post in the elites guild thread about joining them. You can't join more than one guild, so you're going to have to choose.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Bing

• Good Trainer
  • If music be the food of love, play on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 10, 2012, 09:23:49 am »
I would love to sign up as specializing in fire.
I just found this. Loving the idea, may I join?

Sorry, but I just seen you post in the elites guild thread about joining them. You can't join more than one guild, so you're going to have to choose.

Seen.  Haha.  Sorry, had a moment.  But yeah man, you can only join one, choose wisely.

Saw. 

Offline CelaGhost

• Beginning Trainer
  • If we can't revolt, Monimex, then we shall riot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:20 am »
yes.. chooseee... wisely

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #294 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:22 am »
Ok, for my personal opinion on wild cards.  No, pick a type.  But, seeing how people actually want this.  I propose, a pseudo Elite position, a lesser title.  I propose about 3 wild cards at a time.  You need to battle for it.  Using a first to 9 wins battle system.  You can use any type you'd like but, each round you must choose a different team.  You may not repeat types during the match.  (The most battles you could have in a first to 9, is 17 battles, and there are?  17 types, it's a theme)  It would keep the battles random, and show how you are flexible with each type.  Which is needed in that area.
Okay lets see if I have this right.

• "Wild Card" will be a separate title that EVERYONE can get even if you already have the Elite title for a type. It will NOT be a lesser title.
  • There will NOT be a Wild Card type so everyone will still be picking a type to specialize in.
  • In order to get the Wild Card title you have have to do a first to 9 wins battle system. You can use any type you'd like but, each round you must choose a different team.  You may not repeat types during the match.  (The most battles you could have in a first to 9, is 17 battles.
  • When battling to get the Wild Card title, both players will need to hide their teams so the battles are kept random
  • Just like the Elite battles, an officer must be present to witness the battle. Either before the battles or afterwards, BEFORE the title is awarded to the victor they must show all 17 teams or if after the battles then they simply have to show the ones they didn't get to use

How does this sound to everyone?

I like that a lot.

Offline rathen123

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 10, 2012, 03:53:55 pm »
Hey guys I was wondering if i could join the Elemental Elites. I'll be on the balance server later.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 10, 2012, 04:06:55 pm »
Although I like this guild I'm going to have to join the Knights. Sorry I hadn't realized, but thanks anyway.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »
Hey guys I was wondering if i could join the Elemental Elites. I'll be on the balance server later.

You most certainly can. Do you have a type in mind that you would like to use or would you like to go as undecided for now? Either way is fine. Take your time and choose the time you have the most fun with. :)

Awesome, can't wait to see you on the balance server. A lot of the EE members hang out on the balance server so you will meet a good bit of us there.

Available Pokemon
In Testing Pokemon
Balance Server Rules
How to play on the balance server

Although I like this guild I'm going to have to join the Knights. Sorry I hadn't realized, but thanks anyway.
Alrighty. Have fun and welcome to PU!

EDIT: I added you to the first post and marked you as undecided for now rathen123. I'll change you to a type as soon as you have picked one. :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:39:29 pm by Roloc »
Damage Calculator

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2012, 06:44:27 pm »
I can tell you that Rathen is going to be a ghost type, I'm friends with him in RL and I helped him build his team.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 03:40:58 am by The-Blades-slave »

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2012, 07:02:50 pm »
alrighty then. I have him marked as ghost.

It sounds good to be but the question is, how many wild cards should be have?  Also like the Elite I don't wanna just appoint the first  wild cards.  They'd have to earn it.
How about 3 like stated before? With only 3 spots there should be a fair amount of competition over keeping the title.

I'm ok with this idea. If you can master all 17 types, then more power to you.
haha thats the same thing I was thinking. XD

I like that a lot.
Thats good. I know you and meowth were the main two that wanted wild card implemented into the guild. Well it looks like you two will have it. :D
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:07:39 am by Roloc »
Damage Calculator