* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539550 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #915 on: October 18, 2013, 02:41:25 pm »
Some of the mega evos are too strong and will have to be nerfed.

I wouldn't go as far to say that yet.
So far, every single mega pokemon that has been tested is actually partly weaker then it's normal form.

Example:
Mewtwo with life orb does more damage then mega mewtwo.
because mega pokemon can't hold items because they are already holding the mega stone.

So in our example, normal mewtwo hits harder but is not as bulky or as fast as mega mewtwo.

Therefore we can't tell at this time whether or not megas will be nerfed.

I think we should open a second thread about balancing the megas once we have more info, but as of now, they seem fine to me. Mega Lucario might have access to power up punch, but in an online battle against someone, he was barely able to make it past a fairy type, and was owned by his usual checks (note, there is a brand new balance people are still trying to figure out.). And losing the chance to use a vital item (focus sash, scarf, band, etc.) makes the mega almost weaker in comparison. SD Lucario is stronger than Power-up Mega Lucario, even if adaptability comes into play, just because that sash really helps.

Still testing the other megas.  My next one is going to be mega gengar, once I get a trade for a huanter.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Mr. Fox

• Good Trainer
  • The name's Fox, Mr. Fox
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Cave.
« Reply #916 on: October 18, 2013, 08:45:18 pm »
Yeah, that's a good point, a very good one. The mega evolutions is a good idea, but I don't see them getting much use because they lose very important items.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 18, 2013, 09:00:04 pm »
I will make a thread for the new balances once we start. Right now megas seem to be lacking greatly. The only real benefit they give is a little more bulk.

But don't worry Fox, I will be looking at each mega and Ponge, Shadowfred and myself will balance them all accordingly. Right now there still isn't enough info to go on. Even the base stats for the megas on serebii aren't confirmed yet. We won't know the REAL stats for about another week or so.

I've tested about 7 of the megas so far.

ShedinjaEdit:
Pokemon Online has a gen 6 alpha going on if you would like to go and test. But be warned, there will be tons of bugs and errors(incorrect stats/abilities etc.)
Head over to the PO website for more info.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:05:54 pm by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Flynt

• Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 19, 2013, 08:53:04 am »
Megaevos are good if you are playing pokemon x or y or any other pokemon game.Most of us don't give our pokemon items to hold in these games because mostly they are hard to find and even if we find a good item we rarely make our pokemon hold them because most of these items are only useful in competitive battles.So in a way megaevolutions are great for main pokemon games but they are useless in competitive battles because they can't hold any items.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 19, 2013, 09:34:05 am »
Well, we were talking about competitive play anyway.
But for the most part, any pokemon is good in the games. The games are very easy and even the crappiest of pokemon are good in them.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that megas are useless in competitive play. As I have already said like 3 times, we don't have enough information about megas and what they are capable of right now to go on.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 19, 2013, 10:48:20 pm »
#games2hard #soloedwithbutterfreeandbeedrill #cool

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 20, 2013, 09:26:55 am »
#games2hard #soloedwithbutterfreeandbeedrill #cool
#Gtfowithyourhashtags #Bi*ch #Lmao
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 23, 2013, 03:51:19 pm »
After some serious testing in-game and on simulators, I would like to formally put in a request to change my type to Fairy. However, I ask to hold off my change until it is confirmed that the new type will be in PU and the new type is put in on the testing server. Fairy Types are pretty anti-metagame at the moment. They are effective against most of the top-tier types from gen 5 and have an amazing general special bulk. Their main problem is that Fairy Types as a whole have a terrible physical defense stat.

I've been playing with Gardevoir/Togekiss/Azumarril/Sylveon/Mr.Mime/Mawile and my only serious problem seems to be offensive Mega Scizor.

Cheers,
Noah (:

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 23, 2013, 04:25:17 pm »
Thanks for testing out the new type, man. I have still been thinking about switching to flying, but i haven't really been able to convince myself to give up water due to my already fairly extensive knowledge of the type. Of course with enough effort, I could do the same with flying.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 23, 2013, 10:22:39 pm »
Hello, Noah. Glad to see someone other then me has been testing. Although there are still lots of errors on sims at the moment as not all changes have been found. Lots of pokemon gained new abilities, stats, moves etc. So I would hold off on any assumption about fairies at the moment.

I say this because some changes to old pokemon severely change them. Such as Scolipede gaining 10 attack and getting the speed boost ability.
That being said I would gladly change you to fairy type, just let me know when you want to change. They WILL be in PU but don't expect them to be as strong as they are on sims because our meta game is different then theirs. Their meta game doesn't have all the balanced poison and steel types that PU has.

Below is a list of pokemon I have been seeing destroy fairies on sims quite easily. So if you are having a problem with fairies, grab one of these and it should help you out.
Please note that simply having one of these pokes does not mean that it will save you from fairies, you have to know how to use the poke too.

Pokemon I have been seeing ripping fairies apart:
Crobat (stab poison)
Scizor (bullet punch)
Mega Scizor (bullet punch)
Machamp (banded bullet punch)
Lucario (life orb bullet punch)
Nidoking (stab poison)
Gengar (stab poison)
Scolipede (stab poison)
Mega Aggron (stab steel)
Metagross (bullet punch)
Magnezone (stab steel)
Heatran (stab steel)
Durant (Iron head)
Damage Calculator

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: October 23, 2013, 11:11:44 pm »
Unluckily for the Fairy Types, Scizor is a huge threat against them. Heatran comes in second and gives my simulator teams a ton of trouble if Azumarill is KO'd. Crobat is also amazing with Infiltrator but luckily can't do anything to my in-game/simulator Mawile since Crobat can't get Heat Wave until the Pokebank opens.

I've noticed that as long as I keep my Azumarrill (now gets both Belly Drum and Aqua Jet) and Mawile core alive, I can hard check Scizor, physical Lucario, Heatran, Crobat, and Machamp. The combination of Azumarrill's Water typing and Mawile's Intimidate softens the physical weakness. Filter Mime also kinda helps me check Scoliopede but I have to play super carefully if it packs Poison Jab....which its not running much on in-game battles for some reason. Theoretically, I could counter Crobat with Gardevoir if I ran a scarf on her instead of Gardevoirite, but its a shaky counter at best.

After playing and testing a bit more today, I've found that defensive Togekiss can tank a Bullet Punch from Mega Scizor and CB Scizor and still KO with Fire Blast. Assault Vest Scizor on the other hand can potentially survive a Fire Blast and 2HKO me. 

Nidoking, Aggron, and Metagross are all thankfully way too slow to be too threatening. The Steel Type nerf was also much appreciated as my Gardevoir can now hit Metagross for SE damage with Shadow Ball and doesn't have to rely on the now 60 BP Hidden Power Fire to take on Steel Types.

My updated biggest threats would now be:

Assault Vest Scizor
Crobat
Goodra (if it carries Sludge Wave. It tanks a lot of my team's moves)
Physically based mixed Mega Lucario

I'll keep testing and see what else I can find about fairies.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 24, 2013, 12:02:23 am »
Fox, you may definitely want to look in to mega heracross.

Skill Link + PinMissle/ArmThrust/FuryAttack/BulletSeed + 185 base attack + great bulk makes it quite a monster.

I've been using a bulky build with bulk up on the sims and it has been destroying things.
Although this build does good on it's own. I have been able to baton pass speed to it 6 times now and every time it was simply...game over.
With it's bulk it is rather easy to pass speed to.

Pin Missle is it's greatest attack, being base 125 power + stab. Breaks subs/sashes/sturdy

Damage Calculator

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: October 24, 2013, 02:04:55 am »
Heracross with skill link sounds beastly.

Has anyone tried out the water types yet? I've been having some trouble getting the simulator to work, and I\m curious about the pistol shrimp one, as well as the new water/rock type. It's weird looking, but if it's a good pokemon I will overlook its appearance.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: October 24, 2013, 02:15:53 am »
Sadly, skrelp evolves into dragalge which is poison/dragon. It loses it's water type. On the bright side though it's the first poison/dragon type.

Clawizter however is a beast. It has base 125 special attack and the mega launcher ability which makes pules and aura moves 1.5 power.
So as you can imagine, it hits hella hard with water pulse, dragon pulse, dark pulse and aura sphere. Having mega launcher basically means it gets stab boost on dragon/dark pulse and aura sphere. Plus you get to use water pulse over surf since they are the same power thanks to its ability.

As far as the water/rock poke, I'm not sure. It's stats seems like it could be an okay poke to use but other then that I don't know. I haven't looked into its move pool.

Damage Calculator

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: October 24, 2013, 02:55:02 pm »
Thanks.  At first I was wondering how Skrelp would compare to Tentacruel, but I noticed it evolves into a dragon type. I'm afraid I don't get why they decided to make the seahorses dragon types. They also made mega Gyarados a dark type instead of dragon. WHY?

Anyway, I'm glad Clawizter is a good one.