* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539852 times)

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #945 on: October 29, 2013, 06:11:34 am »
I'd love to fight noah for it, since he wont have 50 years of experience with it before me this time. >:T
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: October 29, 2013, 06:13:56 am »
Thats the spirit, Meowth! Plus, it sounds like you have been doing good with fairy too. I think it would be a great battle to watch.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: October 29, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »
Also, I'm going to push back the tourney till PO releases a stable version of gen 6. I will then update our balance server again and then we can set a date for the tournament.
Pushing it back again is actually in our favor as not many people are active right now.

Don't worry though, we ARE still having it.

I have been interested in the tourney, but because of my schedule, I'm still not positive that I can participate. Would it be possible for me to still wait on entering and be sort of a last minute entry once the date is announced/gets closer?

Also, as Head Coordinator, I'll be looking into planning some sort of guild event soon, other than just the upcoming tournament (which Roloc is in charge of anyway), and so I'll get in touch with Roloc about that after I come up with some more concrete ideas, so stay tuned for that.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 03:43:06 pm by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
  • I can imagine 6 impossible things before breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: October 29, 2013, 04:58:50 pm »
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/frost-pokebankoubeta-37506  With this, I would formally like to change my type to Fairy!

I've been doing really well with mono Fairy so far! Beaten 3 mono steels and a mono poison :D

I think the biggest factor of Fairy being a good type is that both Steel and Poison are absolutely terrible offensive types (both being the 2 best defensive types in the game). Can't wait for PO to update their systems to gen 6.

Psychic Power=Imagination+Dreams

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: October 29, 2013, 07:57:02 pm »
Also, I'm going to push back the tourney till PO releases a stable version of gen 6. I will then update our balance server again and then we can set a date for the tournament.
Pushing it back again is actually in our favor as not many people are active right now.

Don't worry though, we ARE still having it.

I have been interested in the tourney, but because of my schedule, I'm still not positive that I can participate. Would it be possible for me to still wait on entering and be sort of a last minute entry once the date is announced/gets closer?

Also, as Head Coordinator, I'll be looking into planning some sort of guild event soon, other than just the upcoming tournament (which Roloc is in charge of anyway), and so I'll get in touch with Roloc about that after I come up with some more concrete ideas, so stay tuned for that.

Thats fine for you to join in at the last minute. I know schedules can be hectic. Also, a guild event sounds awesome. Gives us stuff to do while we wait for the game. :)

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/frost-pokebankoubeta-37506  With this, I would formally like to change my type to Fairy!

I've been doing really well with mono Fairy so far! Beaten 3 mono steels and a mono poison :D

I think the biggest factor of Fairy being a good type is that both Steel and Poison are absolutely terrible offensive types (both being the 2 best defensive types in the game). Can't wait for PO to update their systems to gen 6.

We will be getting there in about a week or so. Can't wait to see how fairy stands against our balanced steel and poison pokes.
Once all errors and bugs are out of the sims. I will be making a new tier on our balance server and will add them there. Then Ponge Shadowfred and I will begin the balance.

So far from all the battles I been doing in game, Mega scizor wipes the floor with fairy. Volcarona has been a big help too, they think they can stop mega scizor with steel/fairy combos, then they get a fiery dance to the face. xD
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »

Thats fine for you to join in at the last minute. I know schedules can be hectic. Also, a guild event sounds awesome. Gives us stuff to do while we wait for the game. :)

Awesome, sounds good, I'll keep watch on my schedule. As for the guild event, while I do have a few ideas of my own, I gladly welcome any and all ideas and suggestions from everyone. In fact, if you have any ideas or suggestions, please do let me know! The more I have to work with, the more opportunities we have to do something fun!

We will be getting there in about a week or so. Can't wait to see how fairy stands against our balanced steel and poison pokes.
Once all errors and bugs are out of the sims. I will be making a new tier on our balance server and will add them there. Then Ponge Shadowfred and I will begin the balance.

So far from all the battles I been doing in game, Mega scizor wipes the floor with fairy. Volcarona has been a big help too, they think they can stop mega scizor with steel/fairy combos, then they get a fiery dance to the face. xD

Can't wait! There's a few new Dark types that I want to try out, as well as some other pokemon I'm interested in as well. Also, does this new tier mean that the rest of us can use these pokemon on the PU server, even though they won't be balanced yet? Just wondering, partly in case someone like myself finds anything or has any suggestions. Along with that, I've never balanced anything before, but if I can test these against other PU users, I can at least make my own notes and come up with balances myself separately, and then compare them to the final result, if only just to see how close I was. I think it could help me become a better battler and even better understand the details in some ways. I know I could just go on the regular PO testing server, but then I wouldn't  be able to use them with/against our already balanced pokes.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: October 30, 2013, 05:28:13 pm »
I've been reading that steel types no longer resist ghost and dark moves. This is disappointing. I guess on one hand it's good that the type that reists over half the types on the game got a bit of a nerf, but that means the new cool ghost/steel sword pokemon is weak to ghost and dark attacks as well as ground and fire (and fighting is foresight is used). They made a powerful ghost type that wouldn't be weak to dark moves, and decided steel types shouldn't resist ghost and dark attacks in the same generation.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: October 30, 2013, 10:03:17 pm »

Can't wait! There's a few new Dark types that I want to try out, as well as some other pokemon I'm interested in as well. Also, does this new tier mean that the rest of us can use these pokemon on the PU server, even though they won't be balanced yet? Just wondering, partly in case someone like myself finds anything or has any suggestions. Along with that, I've never balanced anything before, but if I can test these against other PU users, I can at least make my own notes and come up with balances myself separately, and then compare them to the final result, if only just to see how close I was. I think it could help me become a better battler and even better understand the details in some ways. I know I could just go on the regular PO testing server, but then I wouldn't  be able to use them with/against our already balanced pokes.

Yes, everyone will be able to use the new tier. I'm only making a new tier to keep the new pokemon in untill we get them balanced and move them to the balance tier. This way, if someone challenges you and they are in the new tier, you can choose to decline or accept.

I can't wait either. Sticky web is going to help my bug team soooo much. And there are quite a few other pokemon I want to use as well. Tyrantrum, Dragalge, Greninja to name three.

I've been reading that steel types no longer resist ghost and dark moves. This is disappointing. I guess on one hand it's good that the type that reists over half the types on the game got a bit of a nerf, but that means the new cool ghost/steel sword pokemon is weak to ghost and dark attacks as well as ground and fire (and fighting is foresight is used). They made a powerful ghost type that wouldn't be weak to dark moves, and decided steel types shouldn't resist ghost and dark attacks in the same generation.

Yeah, steel losing those 2 resist this gen was a huge nerf to the steel type. It hurt a lot of steel/psychic pokes and the steel/ghost poke. I personally don't see why steel needed a nerf. It wasn't THAT great of a type by far.
Damage Calculator

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: October 30, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »
Yeah, it's really not much of an offensive type. It's main claim is the high number of resistances it has. It's super effective against another type now, but I don't think it really makes up for the loss.

On another note, I am glad poison is super effective against the new type too. That one isn't a great offensive type either. It's super effective against a type that's weak to four other types.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: October 31, 2013, 06:28:53 am »
So am I. Poison really needed this. It adds more to the poison type. I have said this before but, if I didn't like bug so much I would be poison or rock. Those two types are very underrated and are very fun to use. From the powerhouse of rock type to the very solid defensive cores that poison offers, they are both very nice types.
Damage Calculator

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: October 31, 2013, 05:42:52 pm »
Fun battles for the day!

Halloween Team vs Fariy! http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-59582015

Mega Mawile is the coolest Fairy of all <3 http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-59582798

Aegislash kinda sucks after people know what it does.... http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/pokebankoubeta-59584833

Happy Halloween everyone!

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: October 31, 2013, 05:56:54 pm »
Almost any sweeper would suck if it's paralyzed. I think Aegislash will be predictable, but maybe someone will be able to get a good hit in when the opponent thinks it's about to use king's shield. Honestly if I get this game, that's one of the pokemon I really look forward to using. Whether the metagamers put him in OU or UU. I think No Guard may be a great ability to give to a ghost/steel type. Lots of resistances, and immunity to three types. Ignoring the removal of two resistances...

I may have already said I pretty much forgot Mawile existed until recently. I'm glad it's getting some attention, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 05:59:34 pm by Chad29 »

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: October 31, 2013, 06:31:19 pm »
Kings Shield is exactly what makes Aegislash predictable. Its almost as bad as using Protect on a sweeper with the added bonus not protecting against status moves like Will-o-Wisp or TWave. Aegislash's ability, Stnace Change, is great but leaves it super vulnerable should it use Shadow Sneak (90% of Aegislash run this over Sacred Sword for some reason). 

Aegislash will no doubt be OU, but it was way too overhyped when XY first came out and the competitive community is now able to understand and easily check it.

One Pokemon that everyone thought would be bad but is now an absolute monster is Talonflame. Gale Wing ability giving Brave Bird, Acrobatics, and Roost priority + Flare Blitz is devastating. Combining that with Swords Dance or Bulk Up and you have one of the best mid-game sweepers in the history of Pokemon. Every team needs to have at least 2 checks to Talonflame or you will be swept.

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: October 31, 2013, 06:57:35 pm »
Looks like Talonflame is the second surprisingly good early game bird, after Staraptor. I'm glad. Still, it will have a problem with stealth rock and probably most rock types.

I can see Aegislash as a late game sweeper at best. Get the TWave and burners out of the way, and he can clean up. Not a terror of Gen 6 perhaps, but useful. Or at least something that looks awesome at first glance, but serious battlers will be able to see through it.

Offline Noah_Road

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: October 31, 2013, 08:13:58 pm »
Tyranitar, Landorus-T, Rhyperior, and Hippowdon all shut Talonflame down. Stealth Rocks is also a huge problem for Talonflame but the fact that Defog now removes all hazards on the field and can't be blocked makes supporting Talonflame a bit easier.

Stealth Rocks not being in PU will realy help it. Btw, now that defog clears all entry hazards away and can't be blocked, how do the balancer feel about Stealth Rocks? I'm sure it will still be cut out but entry hazards are much harder to keep on the field in gen 6.