* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: [GUILD] Elemental Elites  (Read 539925 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] Elemental Elites
« Reply #1140 on: July 09, 2014, 01:00:09 am »
Physical lucario does have some nice damage but BP isn't much of a threat to Pokemon with 50% or more HP left, not to mention he can be easily outsped and OHKoed.

I followed the sticky "how to get on the balance server" or something like that. You might update it because it's a tad confusing for new people.

Already been done.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Mr. Blue

• Beginning Trainer
  • Nice to meet you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 09, 2014, 10:52:43 pm »
Physical lucario does have some nice damage but BP isn't much of a threat to Pokemon with 50% or more HP left, not to mention he can be easily outsped and OHKoed.

Already been done.

I prefer a bit more overall bulk on my pokémon, so that's why flying's out (otherwise I would've taken it).

Anyway, do you see the problem I'm having now? (no 'mods'-part). This is turning into quita the hassle :/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ytepxchv7llmnan/Screenshot%202014-07-09%2022.47.35.png

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: July 09, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »
You just need to update to the new version of PO. That one looks a little outdated. The new one has an updated UI and allows the addition of mods.

Sorry for a very long absence guys. Been getting things done with my gaming channel. I'll be on PO more often to chat it up and battle.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 09, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »
PO is really quite simple. Just follow the directions in my guide to the letter. Don't skip any steps. Always grab the most up to date PO from their official website.

Welcome back cortex, will be glad to see ya on the balance server.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 09, 2014, 11:58:25 pm »
I've been a bit more absent than I expected as well, and I've got a busy next few weeks ahead of me, but nonetheless, I expect my activity, especially around PO, to pick up a bit. Also, since things have been a bit dull lately, I would like to plan another event, if enough people are interested in doing something.

Also, my dumb self just realized that Roloc was never announced as the winner of the Christmas event we held half a year ago. So congratulations. The event was a bit slow, and I had waited a bit in hopes that activity would have picked up. If there is enough interest in doing another event, and you have friends interested in pokemon, why not use this opportunity to invite them to the site? The event, whatever it will end up becoming (I do have a few ideas), can be made to be new-player friendly if it so calls for that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 12:03:29 am by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 10, 2014, 12:18:16 am »
Another event sounds great. The Xmas one got a little messed up because so many people went on vacations and miss and I had a baby during that time as well.

I'm sure this one will do a lot better.
Damage Calculator

Offline Mr. Blue

• Beginning Trainer
  • Nice to meet you all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 10, 2014, 05:49:59 pm »
PO is really quite simple. Just follow the directions in my guide to the letter. Don't skip any steps. Always grab the most up to date PO from their official website.

Yeah, but me and computers tend to have conflicts one way or another :p
I made 4 teams (water, poison, fighting and flying), but I have to fight to get the kinks out of them  (see what works and what doesn't) and choose my type.

Edit: seems like PU isn't that active on the balance server whenever I get on it?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 11:53:16 pm by Mr. Blue »

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 11, 2014, 04:53:06 am »
I was once a good battler, then I cut back my time on the computer and said RAWR FUK U ROLOC Y I NO WIN. And that's why I stopped getting on PO. True story.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 11, 2014, 11:11:28 pm »
Yeah, but me and computers tend to have conflicts one way or another :p
I made 4 teams (water, poison, fighting and flying), but I have to fight to get the kinks out of them  (see what works and what doesn't) and choose my type.

Edit: seems like PU isn't that active on the balance server whenever I get on it?

We're all there now, We went to a Dr's appointment for the baby.
Damage Calculator

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 12, 2014, 12:27:23 am »
I've actually got a bit of an odd suggestion, being, maybe we should allow people to have some sort of sub-type? Like, you can be Ice main, but also be known for having a pretty good Mono-Fighting, or something. Like, gonna use myself as an example, since I main Fairy, but am Still somehow known for my Normal team [PorygonLazersyo], I would be a Fairy type Trainer, Sub-type Normal, or something like that.

Though, after I describe this entire thing, it sounds a bit needless, so maybe never mind xD
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 12, 2014, 12:37:42 am »
I'm always open to suggestions

What does anyone else have to say on this?
Damage Calculator

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 12, 2014, 04:01:42 am »
The main question is could you be the elite of a sub-type? Or is it just so people know you have a good team to practice on? Maybe in the absence of a trainer of that type, you could battle one with a good sub-team for the title.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 12, 2014, 04:23:50 am »
I like blades' suggestion of in absence of there being anyone else with the type, you being able to fight a sub-type member for the elite type.

And I don't think you should be able to have the elite title yourself if its your sub-type, I see it more as a thing sort of like when you fought Roloc for the elite ice title. 

And partially so people know they can fight against you to practice against that type. Such as, a ghost main wanting to fight someone who's sub-type is Dark, but not wanting to fight someone who's MAIN is dark.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 12, 2014, 06:27:14 pm »
I like this idea quite a lot. I agree with GBA on pretty much all his points. I would say that, should we choose to implement this, you cannot be an elite of your sub-type, but should there be an absence of your main type, you can challenge a sub-type for the elite title. And the training/mentor point GBA brought up is great as well.

On that note, would it be too much if we had a new position where people could be designated mentors, appointed by Roloc, that could assist in training new battlers (and old as well if they're getting into a new type)? Just an idea.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 12, 2014, 09:05:03 pm »
I can get behind this. I'm known for crap dark team, but I once ran a pretty good psychic team. Plus, it would make it easier train for a type that destroys your main. As for mentors, I know lots of games have a coach system, but for this system I think Roloc should appoint these people since he would know who would handle it best.

Side note, knights are back. Just a little tidbit.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword