* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Development Update  (Read 39405 times)

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
Development Update
« on: May 24, 2012, 03:23:09 pm »
What going on with Pokemon Universe? Are you guys still working on it? When will it be released? How do I played? PU is a scam! Where do I download the game!?
These lines must be the most asked/said things ever on our forum and chat. So here I am trying to explain the current status of Pokemon Universe.

Yes, behind the scenes we're still working on Pokemon Universe, but not as hard as I like it to be. We're slowly getting there but our problem is the lack of pixel artists. At the moment we only have Brian and Yukimenoko, but they can only do so much in the little free time they have and the list of pixel art we need is pretty big. Still they're doing an awesome job!!
So as you might have figured out by now, we're really in need of skilled and motivated pixel artists. If you are this person or you know someone, come to us and we'll figure out the rest.

Ok, so... That was the "bad" news, now it's time for some more positive news. Declan_23 and Cortex have done some nice work with writing the new starting towns including quests. These quests including the short stories you might have read about the factions are hopefully going to keep you continue playing to unravel the mysteries of Miryus.

As for the development of the client and server. These projects have been put on a lower priority because of the current lack of content. Note that a lot of work has already been done code-wise, we just need some more content before we can finish all the code.

I'd like to thank ALL PU members for their hard work and I hope we can continue for a long time!

Now.. something you all have been waiting for, a release date for Pokemon Universe..... When it's done!
We know this is not the release date you expected (or maybe you did, if you know me ;)), but we do want to keep you more involved in the development process. Therefore we have created a ToDo list with most of the things that need to be created before we can release a first (beta) version.

The ToDo list can be found -> HERE

I hope I've given you all some insight in the current status of the PU development process. If you have further questions feel free to ask them in the comments or in our IRC channel.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:07:03 pm by Mr_Dark »
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
Re: Development Update
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 03:56:17 pm »
Beep Boop?
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 04:24:38 pm »

Offline John Flame

• Good Trainer
  • Smite first,questions later
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »
I'm just gonna drop this here.

Take your time with the game, I would much rather wait long but get a great experience,then making you guys rush the game and reduce the quality.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 09:14:56 pm »
What going on with Pokemon Universe? Are you guys still working on it? When will it be released? How do I played? PU is a scam! Where do I download the game!?

People have seriously said this is a scam? Do they not realize that to be scammed, you have to give money in the first place?

On the topic, hopefully this will lessen the amount of these same questions a day, and a new member that knows how to pixel will decide to send in some work.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 09:50:13 pm »

People have seriously said this is a scam? Do they not realize that to be scammed, you have to give money in the first place?

On the topic, hopefully this will lessen the amount of these same questions a day, and a new member that knows how to pixel will decide to send in some work.

Yes they have said that (multiple times). The reason was that we had a donate option for the temporary USA server. They think we earned like millions with that and spent all that money on ourselves. Let me tell you this, all the money donated that time has gone to server payments, we still have a couple of bucks left but that's just sitting on our paypal account for when we need an USA server again.

Offline dragongirl810

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 06:37:34 pm »
 >:( >:( >:(ive been wait ing for aaggggeeeeesssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D but if ur doing ur best i dont mind as much

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »
...Really, How long have you been waiting? because it says you registered less than 2 months ago.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline cory22333

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »
All right. All I'm gonna say here is Pokemon Universe is going to be awesome. It'll be just like Pokemon Black & White. A long wait, but worth it. I know you guys can make the best Pokemon MMORPG. ;)

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:17 pm »
...Really, How long have you been waiting? because it says you registered less than 2 months ago.

Not to be mean and add insult to injury, but apparently they also didn't read firum rules/etiquette

1. Proper language, nothing like text slang
2. No excessive use of smileys
(probably more but just keeping it as these two)
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 07:38:32 pm »
Paitence is a virtue...
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline spartandc

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon,Dragons,Mechs, Supersoldiers! MUHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 08:02:03 pm »
Paitence is a virtue...
how true that is i have been waiting for quite a while but i dont mind in the least bit waiting because the longer you wait the more likely the game is to be better  :) so everyone please wait until there done and if you have the skills help them out with what they need it would be greatly appreciated by them and the community so if you can please do  :) 

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 11:04:10 pm »
Yeah I was already expecting the Pixel Art team at this moment was only Bryan and me. But I already suspected that since the Art Section in the moderator boards was quite... Silent all of a sudden.
Now that I'm finally done with examns, it's time to burst through the NPC list. *put on sunglasses and starts MS Paint up*

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 11:05:56 pm »
Yeah I was already expecting the Pixel Art team at this moment was only Bryan and me. But I already suspected that since the Art Section in the moderator boards was quite... Silent all of a sudden.
Now that I'm finally done with examns, it's time to burst through the NPC list. *put on sunglasses and starts MS Paint up*

Are you going Super Saiyan?! Can't wait to see what you come up with.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 11:06:52 pm »
Paint. Much more of a program than was originally thought of eh? Now look at what we've figured to do with it

Super Saiyan (level 6) Artistry for-the-win
Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.