* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Technical Machine (TM) Idea  (Read 8946 times)

Offline NaviGator

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Technical Machine (TM) Idea
« on: February 18, 2010, 04:10:42 AM »
Learning moves for pokemon is always done by leveling or giving your pokemon a tm or hm or meeting a special character. How about making powerful TM's a difficult task to obtain. For example take an actual machine instead of an item and a place where you have to travel through a high level area for some time to get to it. Once you get to the TM to use it you would have to pay a large sum of money to leave a pokemon in the machine to learn the move. You have to wait 12 hours before returning and you can only have one pokemon in anyone of these machines at one time. Nothing else besides learning the move happens to the pokemon left there unless of course you wait for an extended amount of time to retrieve the pokemon in which case is may not be as fond of you. There should not be any pokecenters within close proximity to these machines so you would have to have the pokemon with you and it would have to survive all the way to the machine.
It's time, you know the time, the time for the thing.

Offline Bader Alhajeri

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Machine (TM) Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:54:46 AM »
not bad

but I think we must focus on the game itself
not TM or HM

but your idea is good

Offline SnowWolfAlpha

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »
That idea would be good for HM's because they are called 'Hidden Machines'.

TM's I think should stay the same, quest rewards and possibly buying them.

All though the powerful ones like ice beam and flamethrower, maybe. However I like the idea of hiding people who can teach pokemon these moves.

Of course if it were up to me, you would just get instructions on how to teach a move instead of a TM, like meeting certain conditions e.g. (training in certain weather).

Nintendo have come up with different ways of pokemon evoling, why can't they come up with different ways of them learning attacks other than TM/ HM or leveling. I suppose there is breeding too.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 03:45:23 PM »
Oh they have introduced some. Since the RSE series, there has been a move tutor, well, better described as move relearner and some move tutors around (to teach Rollout in Mauvile, Dynamic Punch in Mossdeep, etc). Then in the FR/LG series, you have move tutor spread around the areas (Dream Eater in Viridian, Mega Kick/Punch on Rt 104, the ultimate moves for starter pokemons in their last evolution form, that is Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Canon on Island 2, etc)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 03:47:11 PM by Jerry »
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »
Yes, I doubt there will be random TM's lying around in this game  :P I assume TM's and HM's will be various rewards from completing quests, tournaments, and other varieties of events accordingly , which means you are already questing to get them  8)

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 02:39:31 AM »
I like the idea,but i agree with SnowWolfAlpha. it should work with HM's, not TM's.

But, if you need the HM to get to the next gym, then the wild pokemon and the trainers pokemon need to be at your pokemons level, or slightly above.

Another great idea that just popped into my mind, in certain areas in other games that i've played, the enemies leveled up with you. So say, if you were lvl 7 one day, they were lvl 7, and three days later, if you were lvl 9, they were lvl 9. we should try and put that in this game, too.

but it was a good start. the reason why we have these kind of things is so we can start with a primative idea, and add and change it so it works for everyone else.
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 05:47:24 PM »
The only problem with the 'auto level up' of NPCs is that I don't know if the PU team might include that feature that easily, I mean, they perhaps have to rewrite a whole part of the system!
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline boyben10

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • I m be gud artist now.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 06:45:05 PM »
If they were lying around, they'd probably be in treasure chests.
I like slowpoke.

Offline PokeBlue358

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pikachu, I choose.... Oh. I see your upset.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 10:52:05 PM »
thanks for pointing that out, jerry.

but, you know how in some games, (i'm aiming this at the PU team,) as you progress through the game, and you battle a person, then later, after you're even more progressed, and you have a rematch against that same person, and their pokemon are even higher than before?

would there be any possibility that this would be implemented into the game?
With my pumped up Pokemanz, I can't lose!!!

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 06:16:07 PM »
thanks for pointing that out, jerry.

but, you know how in some games, (i'm aiming this at the PU team,) as you progress through the game, and you battle a person, then later, after you're even more progressed, and you have a rematch against that same person, and their pokemon are even higher than before?

would there be any possibility that this would be implemented into the game?

I've been brainstorming on this problem, but for now I can't think of anything to solve the problem. The NPC would need N different Pokémon parties (all parties have the same Pokémon but on different levels). But this doesn't seem "realistic" to me.

So for now you can only battle NPC's once.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline RodneyRawr

• Beginning Trainer
  • :]
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Other Idea
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 11:08:19 PM »
I have an idea maybe to make it a little more advanced you could be awarded with a "special" Tm based on your skill in battle with that gym leader, like for example if you beat that gym leader with NONE of your Pokemon fainting then he or she will reward you with a "special TM" due to how well you battled. But thats just an Idea.

Example: "You defeated gym leader Koga!"  Koga: Wow I lost huh? i'm very impressed by how well you have trained your Pokemon! so much in fact that i'm going to give you one of my special TM's, this was given to me by my father when I was younger for how swiftly I beat him, so i'd like you to have it. "You received the TM Hyper Beam! this TM has been placed in your TM/HM's pocket." Koga: Go now! and continue your quest to become a true pokemon master! "you recieved the Inferno Badge!" xD
Prepare For Trouble.. Make It Double.. To Protect The World From Devastation.. To Unite All People Within Our Nation.. To Denounce The Evils Of Truth And Love.. To Extend Our Reach To The Stars Above.. Jesse! James! Team Rocket Blast Off The Speed Of Light!.. Surrender Now Or Prepare To Fight..

WOBOFETT!!

Offline johnwill

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
lvling NPC according to player lvlup wont b possible as there will b lot more players with diff lvls...

Mr_Dark
i hav 1 suggestion, it would b good if we can battle NPC more than once... jst dont give any rewards for rematch...
and will it b possible for rematch with rewards if player gets defeated by NPC??

Offline johnwill

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 07:49:56 PM »
and TMs should be available at NPC with small quests and we shld hav to find tht NPC with TM as reward..
for special TMs like icebeam or flamethrower, it would be good if the NPC is placed at different places like NPC shld not b placed at same location once the quest is taken by any player in tht day(or hour)...
it will b good if we get HM only after defeating gym leader...
it will be good to hav some special TMs on some special events like new yr etc.

Offline stephenkill2

• Mapper
  • Normal Trainer
  • Steve Noth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 08:12:07 PM »
and TMs should be available at NPC with small quests and we shld hav to find tht NPC with TM as reward..
for special TMs like icebeam or flamethrower, it would be good if the NPC is placed at different places like NPC shld not b placed at same location once the quest is taken by any player in tht day(or hour)...

Those aren't bad ideas ,Icould deal with quests that have TM's as various rewards, but I would also like to know if some battle frontier type system like platinum could be incorporated, like take on certain tasks to earn BP and buy certain items or TM's?

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2010, 01:44:43 PM »

Making the NPC disappear suddenly after a trainer took the quest might be weird to the ones in the neighbourhood... or appears suddenly in another area! :o Travelling won't be as easy as in the normal games since the HM fly will most certainly not be implemented.

For HMs, the team hasn't decided yet whether they are implementing them or not. So, there is also a high probability that there won't be HMs, but some other system.

For the others, some TMs will surely be given during events and quests.