* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: an issue with the pokeradar! HELP!!!!!!!  (Read 8185 times)

Offline Lance_Stormblade

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
an issue with the pokeradar! HELP!!!!!!!
« on: July 16, 2012, 05:07:54 PM »
ok guys, I am having an issue with the poke radar in Pearl version (gathering pokemon to transfer to Black Version) I used the poke ratar a week ago, walked more than the 50 steps needed to recharge it (well over 2000 steps) and it says I cannot use it! what in the name of the goddess is going on here?! everywhere I look it says I need to walk 50 steps in order for it to work and nothing happens! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

Offline Lance_Stormblade

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: an issue with the pokeradar! HELP!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 05:09:04 PM »
on a side note I am off my bike, and in the middle of tall grass, so I am following the steps needed

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »
Do you have the walk counter in your poketch? That could be a reference for the number of steps.

Otherwise, if that still doesn't work, maybe you broke your pokeradar :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
I kind of don't see how that's possible, because even if it did base it off the pedometer (Step Counter), it resets back to '0000' after passing '9999'.

Have you tried saving and closing the game? It might start working again if you close the game.

Offline GoldenBurr

• Beginning Trainer
  • Magikarp, Honey, Rest. All I need.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 10:52:23 PM »
Where exactly are you at when you are trying to use the device?  Are in you the Pal Park or some place similar?  I don't think the PokeRadar works there.

Also, have you used any form of a cheat device to alter the game?  It might be cause for the error if you have.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:43 AM »
I kind of don't see how that's possible, because even if it did base it off the pedometer (Step Counter), it resets back to '0000' after passing '9999'.

Have you tried saving and closing the game? It might start working again if you close the game.

Yea, but it does count at least 50 steps, yes? So if you did 9999 steps, that means you did some 200 times the required amount.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline Lance_Stormblade

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 04:16:59 PM »
Where exactly are you at when you are trying to use the device?  Are in you the Pal Park or some place similar?  I don't think the PokeRadar works there.

Also, have you used any form of a cheat device to alter the game?  It might be cause for the error if you have.

I did use Action Replay DS on my pearl version however I tried using the pokeradar on my platinum version getting the same unfortunate result and the closest thing to that I used was trading pokemon over from a friend with a similar device

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 05:32:34 PM »
Is the message about the battery of the pokeradar or is it one of those Birch messages telling you it's not the time for that?

The pokeradar should be usable even on a bike. Have you tried using it on routes other than where it's failing to work?