* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [OOCC] Eternal War  (Read 48932 times)

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
[OOCC] Eternal War
« on: July 20, 2012, 09:50:14 AM »
PLOT
 Eons ago the Titans undisputedly ruled the lands of the Overworld. While under their control, chaos reigned, and monsters roamed freely terrifying mortals and wreaking havoc wherever they went. This was all very short lived though, as Cronus, leader of the Titans and Lord of Time, received a prophecy from his mother Gaea, stating that one of his children would attempt to overthrow and imprison him. Taking precautions Cronus swallowed each one of his children immediately after birth.

However by their sixth child, Cronus's wife Rhea,  was angered by Cronus's actions. She craftily replaced baby Zeus with a rock swaddled in clothing. Cronus, thinking the rock was Zeus, swallowed it. Rhea then snuck baby Zeus to the cave where Amalthea, the divine goat, resided. Amalthea suckled and raised the infant Zeus until he was strong enough to survive on his own. Zeus returned to Mt. Etna, the home of the Titans. Cronus, unaware the boy was his son took him on as his personal servant. He received a drink from Zeus, unaware that his own son had poisoned it. Soon after drinking it, Cronus regurgitated Zeus's brothers and sisters; Poseidon, Hades, Demeter, and Hera. Cronus then realized who Zeus was, and the Everlasting Battle between the Gods and Titans began.

It is now the twenty first century and the war between the Titans and the Gods still rages on, but slowly the Olympian's powers are waning. Zeus, now king of the Gods and ruler of the skies, has  been captured and forced to trade places with Atlas to hold up the World. The Demigods, children of the Gods, have begun a desperate on Mt. Etna where the Titans reside, hoping to catch them off guard and free Zeus. They were intercepted at the gates of Mt. Etna by an army of men and women with powers that mysteriously resembled those of the Titans. After a long and one-sided battle, the Demigods were defeated. Some fled, most were captured or killed and a few even stooped so low as to join the Titan.  In this time of war and mistrust only one thing is sure...
The final battle is approaching.

--
This place here, is called the OOCC. What's an OOCC, you ask? The Out Of Character Chat. This is where you can speak with the other RPers about the RP. Here, you can also ask questions to GM, if they're RP related. If they're a suggestion, PLEASE, PM us about it.
The only rule here,is that it needs to stay on topic. Even just a little. If I start seeing ponies with baseball bats running around beating up anyone online here, we're going to have a problem.
You got that? Good~
Have fun~
--
RULES
No God-modding. We WILL NOT accept this, AT ALL. Please notify immediately, ESPECIALLY if it's one of the GMs.
2. No killing off character without consent of the other RPer.
3. Posts must be at 4-6 sentences MINIMUM. It's not impossible.
4. There will be a three strike warning system. If you refuse to listen to the warnings, you will be booted.
5. No Over-Powered or Under Powered, very strict! We want to see every RPer's OC at their best.
6. If an RPer is unable to post for a long or unspecified amount of time (for example, Computer issues are unspecified, whereas a family vacation is a long time,) the GMs will control their character. HOWEVER. The GMs, or anyone picked to control the character MAY NOT make them speak, and MAY NOT make them fight. Simple movements suck as nodding, or grunting, and walking is okay.
(GMs #1, #2, and our Temp/Replacement GM may change the rules according to as they see fit. Please try to understand)
--
RP Page: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4590.msg118040/topicseen.html#new
Profile Page: http://pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4592.msg118043.html#msg118043

--

GMs:
WhatThePumpkin, The-Blades-Slave
Sub GM, Replacement GM: Meowth
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:06:24 PM by WhatThePumpkin »
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] Eternal War
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 09:52:32 AM »
Was told to move my rant here, since the RP posts will get deleted.

Okay, I need to say this now. First off, this will not be anything like the original, in the original I didn't plan events, just threw things into it spontaneously, in this the events are planned courtesy of Meowth and WTP. In the first I had no experience, with this I do, and co-Gms to keep me in line. Even though the plot sounds the same the events have been completely altered, there will be none of the crap I just randomly threw in. That being said, I'm only co-GM because Meowth and WTP wanted me too be. I did not plan this RP, really this is a bigger and better version of my RP made by Meowth and WTP. So, don't join if you don't want to, but know this, I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH CONTROLLING THE PLOT, so it will not be the same. (This is directed at no one, just wanted to say it.)

Daylin: 35/100

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »
Sorry for the double post.

I am sorry, but I -HAVE- to ask... I'm sorry Mod's if I'm stepping on toes.

If the Gods and the Titans of Greek Mythology sustained themselves as the true Gods and such... How different is the "twenty first century" in this RP, from the 21st Century of the real world?

- For instance... Wouldn't Greece have continued to grow in power, becoming a powerful empire?

- Would the world's powers that derived mostly from other religions (Christianity comes to mind first, the Roman Empire really only was as successful militarily as it was politically and religiously.) would they have been blunted and crushed?

- If the Gods and Titans are constantly fighting, how much have landscapes, buildings, cities and peoples suffered?

I can see limitless possibilities here, and it makes me want to try this whole RP thing. I've never done one like these before... However, as I have studied religions for a decade now, I was running through all the changes that would, through simple domino effect if nothing else.

Just wondering what sort of environment we'd actually be working in.

Thanks!

1.) All Greeces effort have been shfted into fighting. The nation isn't united, therefore nowhere near as powerful as it could be. They do however expand, taking soldier for there respective sides.

2.)Yes, they have basically been crushed.

3.) I would say it depends on where you are asking about. Many places havve been burnt, ravaged, and left from single battles. Yet others like Mt. Olympus remain untouched,, thanks to the magical barrier that protect them. The building, although nowhere nears as magnifecent as the ones in this day in age, are more advanced. I would say that building have suffered greatly, most are either constantly moving to stay current and fight in the battles, or moving and trying to stay safe. So, basically extravagant tents and huts....
(I hope this helps, if not I'll see if I can explain it better.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:30:04 PM by The-Blades-slave »

Offline Pubbles

• Beginning Trainer
  • "A Severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 02:40:48 AM »
Thanks, Blades.

I am a bit detail oriented, so I dive into things deeper than most, so I was curious.

I've never done this sort of RP stuff, so I might like to give it a shot, since Gods and Goddesses interest me more than most.
... ... ... Shh ... ... ... The walls have feet ... ... ...

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 02:43:59 AM »
I understand, was glad to answer your questions. I have loved Gods and Goddesses since I was little, it interest me how people would explain scientific events with this kind of stuff. Also if my profile is hard to understand to anyone please let me know, I typed it up at five in the morning.

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 09:08:38 AM »
lol Too bad we do have religion without it our species would of focused more on science and we would more than likely be 1000 years more advance than we are hehe :P which would of been interesting

Edit: This is far beyond what I know of The gods and such so idk.....If I will be joining or not...Only reason I joined Fairy Tail is cuz I started watching the anime so I knew what was going on and such and had an idea of it....This I really only know of like the main gods....Zues, poseidin, hades, ares, Ceres I think was one...and the other like main ones like athena and such...

Edit: But I am gunna research a lot of the gods and such and possibly join in :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 09:20:44 AM by nightshade06 »

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 09:20:10 AM »
That is fine Nightshade, join if you want to, don't if you do not want too.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 12:21:37 PM »
APROVAL!! Dingdingding! :D
People, if you're gonna join, now's the good time to send in your profiles, so we can kick this off before I go int hibernation for a week~
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2012, 01:09:15 AM »
One or two more people and we may start!  ;D

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2012, 01:33:05 AM »
I'm so pumped! This is gonna be awesome >w<
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2012, 01:35:18 AM »
Now to hope for more profiles.......

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2012, 08:05:55 AM »
Ladies and Mentlegen! We are about to start!
I shall make the intro post, and then you may all start posting. This week, as I think I already said, Blades and Meowth are in charge. Listen to them C:
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
--

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2012, 08:08:01 AM »
Sidenote: Send your profiles to me now because we never know when WTP will be able to get on.

Offline Ayara012

• Good Trainer
  • Arch Knight Ayara here~
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 07:23:43 PM »
This should be interesting~ I wonder how the prison break will go this time around~ It was really fun last time~
As the saying goes, Curiosity killed the cat, not the dragon.
Sister, you really must stop throwing shoes at people.
Hello there.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 07:27:14 PM »
All I will say is it is very different. The characters do not have the resources to escape themselves, so they will have a bit of assistance.....

Sidenote: Now that there are varying levels of power throughout the RP I will say this. A higher power level does not guarantee you a win in a fight. Strategy, abilities and a few others things are taken into consideration.