* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Pokemon Online HELP!  (Read 6959 times)

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
Pokemon Online HELP!
« on: August 31, 2012, 12:49:26 am »
Okay, so I downloaded the Pokemon Online version 1.30 from the balance server forums, replaced the 'db' folder with the one that was on the same page as the client, and inserted 3 different IP's that all connected to the Pokemon Univers PO server. The problem is, none of them worked, and instead got a blank chat room thing. What's more, when I asked Meowth about it on Steam, he told me to wait a little bit for an error to pop up, and this is the error:

I tried the following:

-Uninstalling and reinstalling.

-Alternate IP's (which I got from Meowth and Blades)

-Raging at my computer

Is there something I didn't do right? If so, help would be very much appreciated at this point.
. . .

Offline Shadowfred

• Gameplay Balancer/Pretty cool guy
  • PU Team
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Online HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:32:20 am »
If you tried po.pokemon-universe.com and it didn't work, the only other thing I could think of would be that you have a firewall or router stopping it from connecting. If it's a firewall, you should find out how to add pokemon online to a list of exceptions or something like that. If it's a router, you might need to unblock the port that it uses, which is 5080. I can't really go into much more detail than that as different firewalls and routers behave differently.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 02:15:36 am »

These are the Pokemon I used in PO to attempt to get on the PU server. I checked to see if this was a valid team, but if there's something wrong with it it might be the problem.

These are the servers that show up when I go online in PO. The PU server doesn't show up in it, and I wanted to know if that was normal. (The PMUnivers is apparently a mystery dungeon online server.)
. . .

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2012, 07:24:21 am »
Pokemon Universe not showing up is very normal. It doesn't show up in that list because it's not a public server that anyone can click onto and join unless they know the 'Advanced Connection'...thingy...yeah, that.

Just try www.pokemon-universe.com in the advanced connection box, I think that's how I connect.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 10:06:00 pm »
These are the three addresses you can put in to attempt to connect to the balance server. If you have tried all of these and it still doesn't work then I assume the same as Shadowfred. Your firewall or router is probably blocking you from connecting.

www.pokemon-universe.com
po.pokemon-univverse.com

EDIT:

So, have you tried them all and still nothing? If your still having problems then you may just be out of luck. Perhaps if we ever switch to V2 of PO then you may be able to connect then. :)
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."