* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Job System  (Read 6484 times)

Offline kensche

• New Trainer
  • you can die anytime now=_=...
    • View Profile
Job System
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:47:35 PM »
Well, as the title say it a job system... like in FF or any RPGs -_-". But the unique thing about this is it Pokemon Trainer's job. First I'll tell you a little about the jobs-

1st Challenger- Increases pokemons chances to reduce 'weakness' damage, something neglect defeat/faint/death. Percentage base.
Challengers are hardcore pokemon trainer, their main is to train their pokemon with respect & friendship.

2nd Ranger- Decreases or sometime neglect pokemons chances to be debluff(i.e Hypnosis; Poison etc). Increases the effectiveness of debluffing enemy pokemons and bluffing own pokemons. Percentage Base.
Rangers create unique items for natural resources to help pokemons and others.

3rd Nurse- Any items used by nurse will have extra percentage effect and can last longer turns.
Nurses' radiant aura helps pokemons to feel comfortable in any situation.

Now you ask- "Why would people want to have this class in a party?"
Answer: Of-course any of this classes in your party will give you special privileges.

Special privileges and others info about each class for those who are interested:

Challenger: Whenever you are in a Team Battle, Challenger's pokemon will take more damage reducing other party's/s' damages. In simple a meat-tank like in MMORPGS. And for a certain percentage the 'weakness' damages on the party's/s' to be reduce(but! any of this effects can't be used by another Challenger in the same party).

Ranger: Whenever you're in a TB, all party's/s' pokemons will for a certain percentage reduce effect of debluff, in rare cases neglect. Any turn base attack(i.e Solar Beam etc) will have in super-rare cases 1hit-OK(Percentage of Occurrence 0.005%)(but! any of this effects can't be used by another Ranger in the same party).

Nurse: Whenever in a TB, any items used will have extra percentage effect(i.e if the nurse can have 5% extra percentage effect any other classes will have 2.5% EPE. Any bluff or debluff used, may last a few turn longer(but! any of this effects can't be used by another Nurse in the same party).

Each classes will have unique quests and...(to tired to think right now... -_-')

How the class will level and Rank-up in classes:

Each of the following will award your class 1 lvl-up
1st GYM Badge and 1 pokemons lvl 13
20 NPC defeated
30 different kinds of pokemons captured
4 GYM and 3 pokemons lvl 30
100000$ in pocket
99 pokeballs
40 trainer-v-trainer battle won(pvp + npc)
...(to tired to think right now... -_-')
and so-on till lvl 99.

Leveling-up will increase the percentage of success of the classes unique trails/effects. But the percentage will/should always be low.

Well, I have a tons more useless ideas... But those are for another time.

If any question arise... well, I will sometimes check-up here... -_-"

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
Re: Job System
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 11:13:19 PM »
A jobs system has already been suggested before, but I don't think it's ever been suggested to this degree. We're trying to make the game as close to the originals as possible, so having jobs that alter things in battle like this probably won't be implemented. I did like the idea though, and it wasn't just a one-sentence-post like a lot of suggestions, so props to you for that.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
Once we have the game up and running we will implement some sort of job system. There have been some suggestions for this and we have some ideas of our own, so we'll put your suggestion with the rest :)
Don't expect it to be implemented at the first beta/release because we're too busy with other stuff at the moment and we're pretty low on staff members.

Thanks for the suggestion and keep 'm coming ;)
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".

Offline genbor

• Contributor
  • Good Trainer
  • If you die, don't come crying to me about it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 03:58:01 PM »
 Not really a job system, but it's an idea to set people apart a bit without affecting the overall battle experience between Pokémon. http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4335.0.html

Give it a read if you feel like it.
It's ghost dammit, GHOST!