* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Balanced or unbalanced?  (Read 39464 times)

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Balanced or unbalanced?
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 08:27:29 pm »
I'm currently the only active balance member. Shadowfred and Ponge are very busy at this time.(University, Jobs, Life ya know?) Give them some time and they will make a post.

I'll start to be more active again starting next friday, since college, sport and work are literally absorbing any amount of free time I have left. Things should settle down by then. To get back on the balancing topic: Azumarill is fine the way it is, why change it. Jus ask fox how much fun it is (especially in the rain). We could make another Sap Sipper water type to compensate for that (as Roloc stated). The set Roloc proposed would also heavily OP if avaiable with the Huge Power ability.

On the Jumpluff issue I won't answer yet because I've never used it and I will have to look into is. The only thing I remember is it's massive speed in the sun due to the  Chlorophyll ability.

Sableye is pretty good he way it is atm, I don't understand why so many people have trouble with him. There are alot of ways to stop him, he isn't that strong defensively.

Azumarill & Jumpluff I agree on. Sap Sipper on another water type will be easy as we have plenty left that we haven't balanced yet. I don't know much about Jumpluff other then what I have seen when other people have used it. From what I have seen it always did good.

But Sableye needs the taunt nerf. There are just too many people complaining about it so there has to be something up. I myself have always been able to kill it really easy and I have tried to show and tell people how to kill it but I still get complaints of it being OP. I used to get the same complaints on Quagsire and Masqurain. After I told people how to kill them then I didn't hear anything else about it. Except: "Oh man, that thing is easy to kill now." But with Sableye all I still hear is how it sweeps whole teams. I have only seen Sableye be this big of a problem WITH taunt. without taunt it isn't that big of a deal. Thats why I proposed the removal of taunt to make sableye also weak to special setup sweepers.

The set Roloc proposed would also heavily OP if avaiable with the Huge Power ability.

Azumarill wouldn't be able to have that set with Huge power. We'd have to come up with a way that it couldn't have Aqua Jet and Belly Drum WITH Huge Power.
But balancing another water type with Sap Sipper would be the easiest solution in my opinion. We have a few water types left so I'd let one of them have a go at it.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 03:20:52 am »
I don't have any issues killing other peaple's sabeleyes ,and honestly I hardly see it to begin with. Removing taunt would really hurt it in my opinion if taunt is gone then it is countered by: sub,status, set up moves, fire types,magic bounce ,other pranksters(hes the slowest prankster), charge beam,magic guard, shed skin,and magic bounce. With taunt you can use moves that have a chance to inflict status, charge beam,magic bounce, magic guard,other pranksters, wonder guard,wonder skin, shed skin, fire types, and pokes with massive attack(salamence,conckledur,ursaring ect.). He is not hard to counter even with taunt ,and the peaple ( I think 2 have complained) who are having a problem with him I guese are just not carrying any of the things I listed which is there fault.

If you really wanna nerf him I would remove WOW and give him t-wave so he can only wall specails ,but still not get set-up on.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 07:28:35 am »
Removing Taunt off of Sableye will not hurt him that bad and in no way will make him useless. You are the only person I have seen running a taunt set. Everyone else have other sets that work really really well. Cortex has a set that doesn't contain taunt and is still able to sweep whole teams with it. Taunt just makes it so pokemon cant set up on sableye. Removing it would fix this and it would still do its job which is wall/stall just fine.

Also
It's about 8 people that have complained about Taunteye not just 2. If it was only two then I wouldn't even have brought it up. And I have told each one of them how to kill it and how to counter it but they just can't get the hang of it.
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:15 pm »
Hush about Sableye.. let's go back to the water type... ._. Azumarill is just fine, maybe some people don't know how to use it, just because you can't use a pokemon the right way, doesn't mean it's not balanced right. *Kisses Roloc* =w= go on with sableye. ._.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 05:06:47 pm »
Thank you for repeating what's already been said, Miss Wedensday.

I'm not sure if anyone responded to my question about buffing corsola a bit.

Has anyone considered making the white smoke and clear body abilities protect against stat lowering moves used by the pokemon? We hav an ability that makes moves raise stats instead of lowering them, so unless that's considered OP then this shouldn't.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 07:58:07 pm »

Has anyone considered making the white smoke and clear body abilities protect against stat lowering moves used by the pokemon? We hav an ability that makes moves raise stats instead of lowering them, so unless that's considered OP then this shouldn't.

IT looks like it needed to be repeated cause it seems people don't read very well.

Corsola has already been balanced.

IT wouldn't be OP? Overheat Torkoal anyone?
Damage Calculator

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:42 pm »

IT looks like it needed to be repeated cause it seems people don't read very well.

Corsola has already been balanced.

IT wouldn't be OP? Overheat Torkoal anyone?
D: You were online and didn't even message me? HOW DARE YOU! >:U
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 01:41:59 am »
I am still voting for the sap sipping sea turtle :D

Aww think of a  cute little sea turtle munching on fruit!!!!That could be carracosta!

Sap sipping sea turtle powa!!!

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 05:45:36 pm »
I'm sorry I missed it. I'm not sure if it's been changed, but if Serperior isn't OP with its ability, overheat torkoal isn't with his. white smoke wouldn't even raise any stats. It would just keep his from being lowered. You can't lower Serperior's stats. But maybe Serperior or its ability has changed, and I didn't notice it.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 09:08:57 pm »
*Kisses Roloc* =w=
*kisses* :D
I was only gonna be gone for a second. and I sent you one when I got on :)

I'm sorry I missed it. I'm not sure if it's been changed, but if Serperior isn't OP with its ability, overheat torkoal isn't with his. white smoke wouldn't even raise any stats. It would just keep his from being lowered. You can't lower Serperior's stats. But maybe Serperior or its ability has changed, and I didn't notice it.

Serperior is also very very frail where Torkoal has massive defense. The only buff I could see that White smoke would get would probably be that it would also remove the stat reduction from paralyze and burn.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 09:12:02 pm by Roloc »
Damage Calculator

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »
*Kisses Roloc* =w=

Serperior is also very very frail where Torkoal has massive defense. The only buff I could see that White smoke would get would probably be that it would also remove the stat reduction from paralyze and burn.

Serperior has 75/95/95  which is by no means fragile. Torkoal actully has more spa.att than serperior aswell suprisingly. I think both are perfectly fine though as they are.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 09:45:17 pm »
*Kisses Roloc* =w=

Serperior has 75/95/95  which is by no means fragile. Torkoal actully has more spa.att than serperior aswell suprisingly. I think both are perfectly fine though as they are.

Actually, I was talking about the contrary build which is what the subject was about (making others like contrary) The contrary build for serperior(which is all SpA/Spe 90% of the time) is very frail, being OHKO'd by many pokemon.
Damage Calculator

Offline Chad29

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 08:06:01 pm »
Has it been decided if Empoleon is getting roost?

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
I was refering to it aswell even, without invesment its still alot bulkyer than most sweepers ,and I definetly woulden't consider it frail like say weavile.

Still I think they are both fine ,but I have a few pokes in my head that I beleave to be weak ,so I will post that later when I have some more cocreate reasons.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:55:26 pm by Ursaring »

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 11:45:47 pm »
Has it been decided if Empoleon is getting roost?

EMpoleon has already been balanced and is in perfect working order.

I was refering to it aswell even, without invesment its still alot bulkyer than most sweepers ,and I definetly woulden't consider it frail like say weavile.

Still I think they are both fine ,but I have a few pokes in my head that I beleave to be weak ,so I will post that later when I have some more cocreate reasons.
Being OHKO'd by tons of pokemon is considered frail. Just sayin'. But anyway, if you want to keep talking about it, you can PM me. This thread needs to stay on topic.
Damage Calculator