* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Would love to be of help  (Read 6086 times)

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Would love to be of help
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:50:33 pm »
Well first I guess it might be okay to know a bit about me. I have been a pokemon enthusiast since the show was released in north america. I love anything pokemon, I'm a huge card collector, have the games, movies, plushies,etc. My favorite pokemon is Charizard (and his whole evolutionary chain to be honest). I am a business programmer and I work in the IT/business intelligence department for an insurance company. I confess that my java skills are quite inadequate and more then likely useless. I do however have Web skills and can program well in RPG,SQL and VB. As any other programmer would know picking up on another language wouldn't be too hard so I could do that. I haven't done anything with game development from scratch before but I have used so applications to help me make games (ie. RPGmaker series). I am a pretty big gamer so I do have some clue about it.

Just as a note, I do think I know a decent amount about pokemon but I DEFINITELY do not know it all and I'm sure there are people in this community that know 100% more than me.

So with all that being said, I would like to offer my assistance if it is needed anywhere. Though it may seem by my profile that I don't visit here often in actual fact I look every day so being able to be a part of this communities development would be awesome. I would be interested in anything related to testing or quality assurance. Web development is definitely in if needed. I can write pretty good if needed. Anything to do with the forum I would be interested in. So pretty much anything.

Also, before people criticize my post, I know that there aren't exactly an abundance of roles to fill and that my skill set may not match the ones that are available AND that my description for what I would be interested in doing is a bit vague but I just want to offer my help to a kick ass community. So just let me know if anything comes up where you think I may be of some use.

Cheers! :D
Halagren

Offline Zatir

• PU Developer
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Would love to be of help
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:51 pm »
You can actually only apply for open job positions. So I have to disappoint you, because at the moment we are only looking for decent pixel artists or other experienced persons who can join the design team. You are probably applying for a game optimalisation position, we already have some good team members already. Please keep an eye out on the jobs forum, maybe we open up some jobs soon.

Also a good point: if you're taking part of the community, it will actually help you being part of the development.

Cheers,

Zatir
Zatir - PU developer
Current project: Creating the Pokéditor

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:46:10 am »
And vector artists as well :)
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 10:46:40 am »
And maybe some more mappers soon.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"