* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Pokemon for xbox  (Read 9405 times)

Offline rparentjr

• New Trainer
  • I'M NEW! BE NICE!
    • View Profile
    • xbox
Pokemon for xbox
« on: November 18, 2012, 03:18:01 am »
Why don't they have a pokemon game for xbox live??

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon for xbox
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 03:31:08 am »
Well, I THINK, because Pokemon is owned by Nintendo, not Xbox.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Hank

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 03:37:14 am »
Pokemon was originally created by Nintendo. The reason only Nintendo uses Pokemon is because of the patent and copyright laws.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 03:39:53 am by Hank »

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 05:30:07 am »
It's because Nintendo holds all of the rights to the Pokemon franchise (I'm not sure if GameFreak actually owns any of it or not. From what I've read, GameFreak is just paid by Nintendo to make the games, but I'm not 100% sure on this.) GameFreak has a contract with Nintendo, which doesn't allow them to make Pokemon games for other companies (Like Microsoft and Sony), which means that Pokemon will probably never end up on any systems that aren't made by Nintendo.

Offline wolfcry23

• Beginning Trainer
  • For ever True to the Skys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 06:21:54 am »
maybe if there opened up their borders they could make more money off of pokemon. I'm positive people would buy it if it was offered on different systems. which would put more money in their pockets. :)

*I am the protector of the weak but employed by no one. I utilize all of my pokemon for they are partners not pets. we fight as one our hearts beat together through the whole fight, thats why I'm proud to be.... A POKEMON KNIGHT!*

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." (Karen, elite 4)

Offline DaigurenHyõrinmaru

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:59 pm »
Not necessarily. There are a large number of people who buy Nintendo products only because of Pokemon. So if the rights were given out to other companies Nintendo could/would lose profit and I'm sure that they wouldn't be up for that. So even though the Pokemon brand might haul in more money the individual providers of Pokemon may not and there in lies the problem for them.
Halagren

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:12 pm »
Well not to criticize, and I'm sure you aren't referring to just consoles, but that doesn't apply to, well, consoles. Nintendo loses money on every console that is bought. It is the games and other software bought that they make money on. And although they make money on the games, that profit also has to be split with the store the game was bought from as well as Gamefreak.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 01:35:51 pm »
Well not to criticize, and I'm sure you aren't referring to just consoles, but that doesn't apply to, well, consoles. Nintendo loses money on every console that is bought. It is the games and other software bought that they make money on. And although they make money on the games, that profit also has to be split with the store the game was bought from as well as Gamefreak.

Okay, I'm not disagreeing with you but, could you explain how it is that Nintendo would lose money if someone bought one of their consoles? I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that.
Halagren

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 02:55:55 pm »
I guess what Fenror meant, was something like this:

Cost of producing console = 1000 units (fictitious)
Cost of producing game = 50 units

Sales price of console = 700 units
Sales price of game = 200 units

So, the major profit comes from the games and not the consoles, as without the console, you can't play games. So they effectively make profit as from the second bought game in this example.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 04:36:43 am »
Jerry's right. I could have explained it better than I did, though. You see, while consoles cost more to make than they are sold at retail for, games can be sold at a much higher price than it costs to make them.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:38:16 am by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 04:00:55 pm »
Yea that makes sense. I had read the following post online the day I read your response and it confused me a little. I should probably pay more attention lol ... "Over the past year or so, Nintendo has stuck with the mantra that each console needs to make a profit for the company." ... should have looked at the first part of the sentence...."Over the past year or so," lol =P

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/10/nintendo-will-sell-the-wii-u-at-a-loss/
Halagren