* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Unique Sprites  (Read 6073 times)

Offline rexon

• New Trainer
  • Hate fules the power of Love
    • View Profile
Unique Sprites
« on: February 22, 2010, 02:30:59 am »
So you can have 2 sprites a boy or girl....that are the same and everybody looks the same and boring....

So here is a Idea. why not have the ability to make a unique sprite were everyone can pick how they want to look like...from the clothes, hear style and etc.

This well take a lot of coding to put right in the game..so why not have the players make them out side the game...then send them to a admin to review to see if its appropriate for the game then have them place it in and put it on your character. This way we can get in to the game play while the admins decide or put your avatar in to the game for you...

If we are unable to do something like that...

Why not place clothes stores in the game were we can buy shirts,pants,hats,etc. and this might take less coding and you will know what is in the game and the ability to control it.

If the 1st idea is good here is a link that i use for my games to make characters its in Japanese so you need a translator to help..

Sprite Gen.
Code: [Select]
http://www.famitsu.com/freegame/tool/chibi/index2.html#hairop
Translator
Code: [Select]
http://translate.google.com/#

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Sprites
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:02:47 am »
As far as i know rexon there is going to be a large selection of mix and match designs and styles for your in-game avatar, so chances are everyone will be fairly unique anyway :)
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline Kuhns

• Pixel Artist/ Part-Time Lurker
  • Normal Trainer
  • I'm (almost) back! And Sexier than ever! >:D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:38:03 am »
Create your own customizable character (male or female), choosing your own clothes, skin colour, hair, and accessories.

Kinda like what it says on the front page hm?

Offline spirit

• pikaNYA~
  • Administrator
  • Normal Trainer
  • nyannyannyannyannyan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 05:30:31 am »

This well take a lot of coding to put right in the game..so why not have the players make them out side the game...then send them to a admin to review to see if its appropriate for the game then have them place it in and put it on your character. This way we can get in to the game play while the admins decide or put your avatar in to the game for you..

First, if players are required to make sprites outside of the game, there are going to be alot of poor characters (not to mention the likely hood of inappropriate content).
Second, if they were going to use an editor outside of the game (such as the one you linked to), why not just have that editor in the game instead.
Third, there are currently something like 2000 members on the site, with more to be expected, and even more once the game is released; none of the admins are going to want to spend their time analyzing every little avatar people come up with.

Fear not though, the planned way that characters will be made is going to be just fine.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 01:24:32 pm »
We are making our own paperdoll system (as you could have read on the frontpage).

As for players uploading their own sprites. NO!
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".