* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: Styles of 'battling'  (Read 17486 times)

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
  • legenadaries are just too OP... just too OP
    • View Profile
Re: Styles of 'battling'
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »
basicly you wont need to do this for EVERY move. i guess its just an 'insert' you could do for every of moves avaible.

i personly dont like the whole idea of pokemon holding items. its not really RP like to fight against a lapras holding something... but its more likely that pokemon are traing their attacks to be stronger, isnt it?

but as far as mr_dark isnt responding, i guess its not possible to implement such a 'ability-training' :-(

"Call me Tom."

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2010, 09:31:21 PM »
basicly you wont need to do this for EVERY move. i guess its just an 'insert' you could do for every of moves avaible.

i personly dont like the whole idea of pokemon holding items. its not really RP like to fight against a lapras holding something... but its more likely that pokemon are traing their attacks to be stronger, isnt it?

but as far as mr_dark isnt responding, i guess its not possible to implement such a 'ability-training' :-(

Hey dont give up.
If you get a full list of items and stuff you would like to see, complete with numbers and perfectly balanced, and you can prove to the devs that its gonna bring the game to a new lvl I bet they will implement it.
Keep working on your idea!

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:14 PM »
i am working on it. just got few ideas how to balance it so no attack is too strong. im working with damage formulas, health formulas and so on. BUT:
for further work i really want to know if it is possible to implement :-D
if it is: gotcha! ill finish it.
"Call me Tom."

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 03:24:28 AM »
Sorry for the late reply, I've been having some internet connection problems lately. Thank you all for your replies. :)

Held items were firstly made for berries. A pokemon can hold a small berry somewhere, although that doesn't sound so easy for all of them to keep one. Well, that topic is still debatable. I forgot what they said in the other thread...

For the move training, that would be nice, but I would think of it this way:
Training of moves will not affect the base power of that move; it will only help in attaining the required accuracy. Since a pokemon cannot master a move, it has got the power, but lacks control, so the move would miss at first. Training on it will gradually raise the accuracy until it reaches the due accuracy.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2010, 03:09:19 PM »
as you surely saw: there will such a 'move training' in form of abilites in kinda tree :-)
*yeehaaa* ^^
"Call me Tom."

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 03:39:02 PM »
To be honest, I don't quite remember. I got internet problems on the eighth of this month, and up to now, I've seen a few threads that I didn't read through only. I haven't those from the 8th till now, except for the few I read already. You could perhaps post a link to refresh my memory?
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 05:35:34 PM »
look at announcements:-)
"Call me Tom."

Offline Skilganon

• Beginning Trainer
  • Um... hi :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2010, 01:57:59 AM »
personally i think the battle should be kept basically the exact same, there is the debate that it makes it too easy but seriously a good player will make the right choices and better choices and i can see battles being alot more intense than is expected.

IU like the idea of keeping handheld items, like berries it did give a nice twist to the games and kept it interesting.

Im kinda 50/50 on the training of abilities, seems like alot of hastle for something that wont really effect the gameplay much at all, cause if its possible then wont every trainer be doing it and all you'll have is the same situation as without it but everyone will jus have stronger moves, so chances are the result will be the same. But in saying that if it was implemented in a way that the increase was only slight but gettin to do it was very tough and took alot of time, also with a limit not too high, meaning not alot would have it, it only gives a slight advantage but it still keeps everyone on their toes and not all will have it, but it wont make a specific few too OP if ya get my meaning.
Never eat yellow snow o.O

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »
The last time I checked the EV/Ability Replacement thread, it was momentarily 'off' for modifications about the system. But before that, the new features did seem to have quite an impact on the battles. One being 'doubles the chances of landing a critical hit', another being 'makes the pokemon immune to XXX' where XXX is a status problem.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:05:34 PM by Jerry »

Offline schindle

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2010, 03:58:58 PM »
they will:-) just wait, because they are still working on it. so be patient, it will be cool and mind-blowing:-D
"Call me Tom."

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
The last time I checked the EV/Ability Replacement thread, it was momentarily 'off' for modifications about the system. But before that, the new features did seem to have quite an impact on the battles. One being 'doubles the chances of landing a critical hit', another being 'makes the pokemon immune to XXX' where XXX is a status problem.

Me and Level5Pidgey are currently working on devising good talents for each Pokemon, but this process is going to take time, since we are working in different time zones.
We are doing  unique trees for each Pokemon to make it as balanced as possible.

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 04:28:46 PM »
Ok, so you mean it's possible that one 'line' of pokemon get certain talents, but not another line, though they may have some in common?

That's what I was trying to ask last time.

Offline Gammal

• Contributor
  • Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 04:35:16 PM »
Ok, so you mean it's possible that one 'line' of pokemon get certain talents, but not another line, though they may have some in common?

That's what I was trying to ask last time.

Line as in water Pokemon for example?
In that case no.
Some Pokemon will have similar or even the exact same talents, at least some. But none will have the same "tree"
Also, placement of these talents may very from poke to poke, for balancing sake.

And what I mean by that is if you look at a pokemon like swampert,  and let say we give him a -30% damage from grass attacks, this would be a high tier talent, but if you instead look at Blastoise, the same talent may appear but will probobly be placed in a lower tier (ie easier to get)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:39:02 PM by Gammal »

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »
By line, I meant the line 'Squirtle, Wartotle, Blastoise', or 'Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert' from your example. I say that because the talents will surely be quite early to be available so that there is real training from the very start (well, or some time after the start) and all pokemon are concerned.

You already said though that they could have some similar talents in common, but not all. So, that part is ok.

Offline Mr_Dark

• PU God
  • Administrator
  • Senior Trainer
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Dark Productions
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2010, 07:01:42 PM »
No need to let this topic open.

#locked and archived.
IRC: #pokemon-universe @ Rizon.net

!!PRIVATE MESSAGES WITHOUT A SUBJECT WILL NOT BE READ!!

Quote from: Frenchfry545
That settles it. I'm starting a new religion. It's called "Misterdarkism".