* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 162134 times)

Offline lubbies

• Normal Trainer
  • why is a torchic in water?
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »
Game looks pretty cool, I actually liked the graphics of the original games but that's just me. In my opinion, I think the grass starter might be a ground/grass, hopefully the fire will stay pure and the water would most probably go for water/flying. The legends are awesome and the X might be water/steel and the Y dark/fire which I would like.
Grafics Cat <3

'If a stranger offers you drugs, say thank you because drugs are expensive.' - a wise man

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2013, 08:09:44 PM »
So which version are you guys considering getting? I'm going with Y.

Edit: Also, I just realized something. The X and Y made me think of a 2D graphing plane. Well, X, the deer-looking one, is a pokemon that walks on the ground, like the X plane being horizontal. The Y pokemon, the bird-thing, can fly, similar to how the Y plane is vertical. So there's my lame little easter egg for you all.

I thought the same thing lol

Are you sure you'll get Yveltal in Pokemon Y? :P
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2013, 08:30:24 PM »
BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta have more bugs!!!

No more bug/flying or bug/steel though mmk? kthxbai.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2013, 08:33:15 PM »
BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! Gotta have more bugs!!!

No more bug/flying or bug/steel though mmk? kthxbai.
Yeah xD Maybe Bug/Ice or Bug/Dragon... Dragon bugs ._. Would look like Flygon... xD
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

zylonnick

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »
A fast Fighting/Rock type would be awesome (especially if specially oriented) though that's probably not gonna happen.
Maybe a non-legendary Normal/Psychic (besides Girafarig), Fire/Dragon or Steel/Dragon is not too much for asking this gen?

Also, some more variety in the Grass, Ghost, Dragon, Normal, Electric and Bug departments would be nice, since they tend to go in the same direction each gen (with the exception of Bug, which mostly have lower stats overall, and Normal, but they could use a solid counter for fast fighters/priority moves).

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »
I'm telling you. Spookeon should be ghost/normal.
TRANSMISSION_END

zylonnick

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
I'm telling you. Spookeon should be ghost/normal.

That would counter fighting types pretty hard. They all like: Take this b*tch, High Jump Kick!!!, and you just switching to your ghost there ;)

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2013, 11:32:52 PM »
Which ever one is going to have the Pokemon X aka the deer /stag or w/e in it is the one I wanna get :D

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2013, 11:44:45 PM »
They better put in more dark types, and touch on animals they haven't put in. Like a mosquito, and a wolf. Zoroark is disapointing mostly because it's a fox. We don;t need more foxes, we need more wolves, and maybe a couple of bugs.

I'm going to buy one of the games, not sure which, but I will trade it in if the fire started evolves into another Fire/Fighting type.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2013, 12:06:51 AM »
I pray it isnt a fire/fighting :(

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2013, 01:40:10 AM »
So which version are you guys considering getting? I'm going with Y.

Edit: Also, I just realized something. The X and Y made me think of a 2D graphing plane. Well, X, the deer-looking one, is a pokemon that walks on the ground, like the X plane being horizontal. The Y pokemon, the bird-thing, can fly, similar to how the Y plane is vertical. So there's my lame little easter egg for you all.

I thought the same thing lol

Are you sure you'll get Yveltal in Pokemon Y? :P

I never actually said I want Yveltal, I just said I wanted version Y. XD
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Darkstar64

• Pre-Beta Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • They said I could be anything, so I became a snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 02:43:44 AM »
I'm really hoping for more type exploration. There aren't a lot of Ice, Dark, Ghost, Steel or Dragon pokemon, and there are some type combinations they haven't tried yet.

While the graphics quality isn't fantastic or anything, I'm really excited about pokemon using 3D models instead of sprites for this game. I think it makes the battles feel more alive, like there's an actual fight going on.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 03:50:16 AM »
I just realized...IT IS FOR THE END OF MY KIND. *3D battle models* *not sprites* *what do I like to do randomly? Splice* *What can I not do with models?* *Splice.*
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2013, 08:01:23 AM »
I have also been hoping for a ghost normal ,but it will not evolve from eeve being the other evelutions only have one type.
I just realized...IT IS FOR THE END OF MY KIND. *3D battle models* *not sprites* *what do I like to do randomly? Splice* *What can I not do with models?* *Splice.*

I do not like the 3D thing very much either. If they are going to get away from the old pokemon art style , atleast make it look beutiful!!! It is also going to be strange looking at  a site  like serebii ,and seeing 3D models on a site that the 2D ones fit so well.....

They better put in more dark types, and touch on animals they haven't put in. Like a mosquito, and a wolf. Zoroark is disapointing mostly because it's a fox. We don;t need more foxes, we need more wolves, and maybe a couple of bugs.

I'm going to buy one of the games, not sure which, but I will trade it in if the fire started evolves into another Fire/Fighting type.
Well we have dog pokemon if that makes you feel better. There are only 2 fox pokemon though ,so I do not see how its a problem if we have 3. They seem to be a BUNCH of peaples favrite animal , so if they want to please peaple they made a good call on the starter.

Offline nightshade06

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile