* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 162156 times)

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #135 on: March 06, 2013, 09:38:09 PM »
I think it's fake, I can't imagine a water/fire  Pokemon. ._. but we'll see C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 06, 2013, 10:33:18 PM »
I honestly thinks it's fake. Some of the names are far too similar to other pokemon, are a combination of multiple pokemon's names, or are just to uncreative.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2013, 11:13:24 PM »
I honestly thinks it's fake. Some of the names are far too similar to other pokemon, are a combination of multiple pokemon's names, or are just to uncreative.

I'm not gonna defend the 4chan post, but uncreative...? Hello Persian and Spheal? Maybe even Shield-on would like to join the party too.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »
Pidgey wants to come along!

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2013, 11:40:38 PM »
Oh, I know that some pokemon names are already far too simple, believe me. For example, take Cottonee. Some of the names here, though, are just as bad, if not worse, and there's a bunch of them. For example:

-Jacoq: Worst pokemon name I've ever seen. Also, take the name Jacob, rotate he "b", and viola. And what could the pokemon possibly look like, some random guy named Jacob?

-Dogsnout: No. Just no.

-Locast: Actually almost clever, but then again, they're just changing one vowel in a word. hen it's bug/dark, which doesn't make much sense. A bug/water is what would make the name clever  (Locust + cast, as in to cast a fishing line).

-Whirlihog: While it seemingly makes sense, I just find it too close to Whirlipede. And I just don't see grass/flying, but it could work.

-Lagoom: Another example of changing 1 letter.

-All of the Shamroc line: Very simple, 2nd and 3rd forms only change 1 letter from original word, and Iwish contains no creativity whatsoever.

There's more, but I think you get the point.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:43:15 PM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 07, 2013, 01:12:29 AM »
I'd just like to pout out ekans and Arbok.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Pokemaster MAC

• Normal Trainer
  • Anima Terram
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »

I had a bit of a revelation thinking of the rumor of them incorporating Sound/ Light types: Xerneas looks like a Light/Grass type, while Yveltal might be Sound/Flying so I imagine there's a 4-way cycle of weaknesses here

Light>Sound>Flying>Grass (Imagine as a circle);

Light is faster than Sound
Soundwaves knock Flying types down
Flying already beats Grass
Grass/plants absorb light.

On another note...

This is kinda what I had in mind for a Flaracuda Water/Fire pokemon or it's pre-evolved form. It's based off of the idea of a barracuda and the fact there's underwater volcanoes. I imagine some Pokes would live near/ around these areas, so yeah :p

Corpsair, Decapitain, Sparcrow, Condurit. Stumpole, Steekee, Totember, Flaracuda... My current list of ideas for Pokemon.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 11, 2013, 03:44:38 AM »

I had a bit of a revelation thinking of the rumor of them incorporating Sound/ Light types: Xerneas looks like a Light/Grass type, while Yveltal might be Sound/Flying so I imagine there's a 4-way cycle of weaknesses here

Light>Sound>Flying>Grass (Imagine as a circle);

Light is faster than Sound
Soundwaves knock Flying types down
Flying already beats Grass
Grass/plants absorb light.

On another note...

This is kinda what I had in mind for a Flaracuda Water/Fire pokemon or it's pre-evolved form. It's based off of the idea of a barracuda and the fact there's underwater volcanoes. I imagine some Pokes would live near/ around these areas, so yeah :p
No.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 11, 2013, 04:17:15 AM »
I doubte sound will be a type. Light makes alot more sense to me ,and sound is just kind of....boring? Not much can be done with  sound , and it would be hard to convert many pokemon to sound. Light would be pretty easy to change some pokes types to , either that or maybe some pokes will get light evolutions?

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2013, 03:34:55 AM »
Where is everyone getting all these good memes? >:

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a light type, I mean come on, the proof's in the pudding.

There's about five reasons why they would add light(IMO):

-When they released Pokemon Gold and Silver, they made a new type because this was a big step for the Pokemon series, getting it's first extension. Now they are releasing the first PORTABLE 3D Pokemon game, which Nintendo has never done before. This makes it a similar event as when they added dark, so it would make sense they would make a light type for an event like this. (Not to mention it's going to be internationally released with no delays.)

-Look at Clefairy and Jigglypuff and tell me why they aren't good candidates.

-Why else would they show the Pokemon, but keep it's type a mystery? It can't be a normal type, because it would be pointless and silly, not to mention even Nintendo wouldn't screw up that badly(hopefully).

-It's name can be interpreted as many different types of fairies, the most I've heard are like forest or lake spirits. Though one of these may hint at a different type, it always comes out as fairy, and the first thing I think when I hear the word fairy is an annoying, distracting, useless little B- *ahem*, moving on.

-All Pokemon have that little feature that makes it scream "HEY DUMMY I'M A _____ TYPE!!!". This Pokemon doesn't seem like any type I've ever seen, which means it has to be a new type. But there's no freaking way that it's a sound type, just NO.

Well there's my rant, I'm done here. :B
. . .

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2013, 03:48:31 AM »
-All Pokemon have that little feature that makes it scream "HEY DUMMY I'M A _____ TYPE!!!". This Pokemon doesn't seem like any type I've ever seen, which means it has to be a new type. But there's no freaking way that it's a sound type, just NO.

Not true. I wasn't sure what the in the flying chansey Dunsparce was.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2013, 04:26:35 PM »
Where is everyone getting all these good memes? >:

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if they made a light type, I mean come on, the proof's in the pudding.

There's about five reasons why they would add light(IMO):

-When they released Pokemon Gold and Silver, they made a new type because this was a big step for the Pokemon series, getting it's first extension. Now they are releasing the first PORTABLE 3D Pokemon game, which Nintendo has never done before. This makes it a similar event as when they added dark, so it would make sense they would make a light type for an event like this. (Not to mention it's going to be internationally released with no delays.)

-Look at Clefairy and Jigglypuff and tell me why they aren't good candidates.

-Why else would they show the Pokemon, but keep it's type a mystery? It can't be a normal type, because it would be pointless and silly, not to mention even Nintendo wouldn't screw up that badly(hopefully).

-It's name can be interpreted as many different types of fairies, the most I've heard are like forest or lake spirits. Though one of these may hint at a different type, it always comes out as fairy, and the first thing I think when I hear the word fairy is an annoying, distracting, useless little B- *ahem*, moving on.

Well there's my rant, I'm done here. :B

-When Gold and Silver were released, pokemon was still very new, and it was its first ever sequel. Due the fact with pokemon being still fairly new, it was easy to just add in another type.

-Sure, when new types were added, magnemite and magneton had steel added to their typing, but there are much more pokemon now than there used to be, and so you'd have to change many more pokemons' types than that, and adding a new type could throw off veterans and force them to change their strategy altogether.

-They don't want to reveal too much. It's good to have some surprises and it keeps more people interested in the upcoming releases, and I do believe that it was said that its type would be revealed, assuming you're talking about Sylveon.

-You mentioned the word spirit, which, just saying, fits ghost more than some "light" type. Also, when the average person thinks light, things that may come to mind include good, heroic, holy, happy, nice, etc., and annoying, distracting, and useless don't fit the characteristics of light.

-When I see Gyrados, for example, I think water and dragon, not flying(it also has quite a bit dragon type moves, much more than it can learn flying type moves. It also learns what I believe to be 3 dragon type moves while leveling up, but not a single flying type move). A pokemon's looks and even movesets don't always exactly follow its typing. And as for looking like other pokemon, still assuming you mean Sylveon, it resembles jigglypuff and wigglytuff a good bit, especially the coloring and the eyes.

Not to be rude, but when you think about it, your five reasons don't really make much sense.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 04:28:54 PM by Fenror »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2013, 04:52:49 PM »
Oi, there's a theory I saw somewhere, that:

A:Sylveon's a normal type, and

B:it's female only.

It also says that the other Eevee for this generation, would be normal. And have more of a black and blue and red color scheme.

Also, I'm expecting a lot of gender specific pokemon this generation. Why? Think about it. X and Y. DNA. X and Y chromosome. Just. Just think about it.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2013, 08:25:45 PM »
-When Gold and Silver were released, pokemon was still very new, and it was its first ever sequel. Due the fact with pokemon being still fairly new, it was easy to just add in another type.

-Sure, when new types were added, magnemite and magneton had steel added to their typing, but there are much more pokemon now than there used to be, and so you'd have to change many more pokemons' types than that, and adding a new type could throw off veterans and force them to change their strategy altogether.

-They don't want to reveal too much. It's good to have some surprises and it keeps more people interested in the upcoming releases, and I do believe that it was said that its type would be revealed, assuming you're talking about Sylveon.

-You mentioned the word spirit, which, just saying, fits ghost more than some "light" type. Also, when the average person thinks light, things that may come to mind include good, heroic, holy, happy, nice, etc., and annoying, distracting, and useless don't fit the characteristics of light.

-When I see Gyrados, for example, I think water and dragon, not flying(it also has quite a bit dragon type moves, much more than it can learn flying type moves. It also learns what I believe to be 3 dragon type moves while leveling up, but not a single flying type move). A pokemon's looks and even movesets don't always exactly follow its typing. And as for looking like other pokemon, still assuming you mean Sylveon, it resembles jigglypuff and wigglytuff a good bit, especially the coloring and the eyes.

Wheres the thumbs up button when you need it!!
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:55 PM »
Not to be rude, but when you think about it, your five reasons don't really make much sense.

Honestly doesn't surprise me, I tend to not make sense when I'm up til one o' clock in the morning. I swear that I feel drunk when I'm sleepy, but I don't want to get drunk so I cant really make a comparison.

The truth is that it can be pretty much anything, though if it's not a new type I can see it as a normal type. I think that the point I was trying to make is that a sound type is ridiculous and will never happen. If not, I don't know where I was going with that.

EDIT: And yes, I'm talking about Sylveon. I don't know what to make of it.
. . .