* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: New Pokemon X & Y  (Read 162976 times)

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
Re: New Pokemon X & Y
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2013, 09:03:56 PM »
but y do they have to call it fairy

also y does mewtwo evolve if the really wan to copy DBZ then mew and mewtwo should fuse >:D
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2013, 09:29:44 PM »
Erm...They never said he evolves, I'm expecting something like a different form, maybe even appearing in the new Super smash bros. to replace lucario, where Mewtwo and switch between forms like Zelda/Sheik.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 11, 2013, 10:21:03 PM »
HEY EVERYONE! FAIRY TYPES CONFIRMED, WATCH THE NEWEST NINTENDO DIRECT!

AMong the fairy type pokemon, Gardevoir, and a few others are getting a type change to it.

Also, it is super effective on dragon.

I doubt their type is changing, prolly just adding fairy to it since the ones they named are single type pokemon. So Gardevoir will be psychic/fairy and marill will be water/fairy etc.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2013, 10:25:13 PM »

AMong the fairy type pokemon, Gardevoir, and a few others are getting a type change to it.

I doubt their type is changing, prolly just adding fairy to it since the ones they named are single type pokemon. So Gardevoir will be psychic/fairy and marill will be water/fairy etc.
Yeah, I doubt they'll change Marill's type from Water to Fairy, man I want to use Marill on X&Y xD I hope Azumarill is Water/Fairy too! =w=
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2013, 10:28:46 PM »
Erm...They never said he evolves, I'm expecting something like a different form, maybe even appearing in the new Super smash bros. to replace lucario, where Mewtwo and switch between forms like Zelda/Sheik.

this says otherwise ('^' )
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/04/17/pokemon-x-and-y-mewtwo-evolves
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »

Okay, but at they should at least let Gardevoir keep her original typing and make her a dual type. As for Sylveon, She may give my Leafeon a run for his money, being it's my favorite, because this makes me friggin' want one over the skyrocket level. And also for Jigglypuff, I could see it happening, but you would think that Clefairy would be featured for obvious reasons. Nonetheless, this gives me one more reason to not worry about dragons that much.
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 11, 2013, 10:44:25 PM »

That doesn't look like it evolved, it looks like a form change like Deoxys or something, but we'll see. C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2013, 11:57:41 PM »

That doesn't look like it evolved, it looks like a form change like Deoxys or something, but we'll see. C:

^

Okay, but at they should at least let Gardevoir keep her original typing and make her a dual type. As for Sylveon, She may give my Leafeon a run for his money, being it's my favorite, because this makes me friggin' want one over the skyrocket level. And also for Jigglypuff, I could see it happening, but you would think that Clefairy would be featured for obvious reasons. Nonetheless, this gives me one more reason to not worry about dragons that much.

I agree completely, and thats what I meant, I just miss worded it, was kind of typing quickly as I wanted to see the rest of the nintendo direct as fast as I could.
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 12, 2013, 02:09:18 AM »
Eh, not happy about the new type. Still getting the game on release day, but regardless, I honestly can't stand this fairy type. Only 4 confirmed evolutionary lines have it, and although I know that there will be more gen 6 fairy types, but still, won't they be outnumbered? Anyway, enough of my rant, I'm sure we'll all get accustomed to it eventually. I am a bit surprised that Marill has acquired the fairy type, though.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 12, 2013, 02:12:29 AM »
Marill is in the fairy egg group, with that in mind if they are going off what egg group the pokemon is in, it is possible that pikachu willl become electric/fairy because it too is in the fairy egg group. I doubt a type being out numbered is a big concern. After all Dargons were very very outnumbered for the longest time.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2013, 02:40:20 AM »
Ah, you've got a point. I suppose outnumbering wouldn't be that big of a deal. Also, I completely forgot about egg groups, my bad. I kind of hope Pikachu just stays electric, though. Just more of a personal preference. It is what it is. Not that bad of an idea, I guess. Still not crazy over it, although it'll probably grow on me over time.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2013, 02:47:53 AM »
I think if Pikachu was to become Electric/Fairy it would make it a bit better, but I don't think they'll change Pikachu xD

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 12, 2013, 03:08:43 AM »
changing pikachu would be going to far he's the icon of the pokemon coporation plus a flying electric fairy mouse sounds absurd.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2013, 03:14:23 AM »
changing pikachu would be going to far he's the icon of the pokemon coporation plus a flying electric fairy mouse sounds absurd.
Flying electric fairy? not all fairy types fly, does Jigglypuff have wings? or Marill? O_o It would make it better imo because Pikachu sucks in the game. xD

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2013, 03:25:05 AM »
Iconically, I think Humen may have a point, it may be going too far. Competitively speaking, though, I kind of agree with Miss. Pikachu really isn't that good.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100