* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Poll

Pokemon move variation

same as latest generation
0 (0%)
new balance seen fit
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: pokemon moves in question  (Read 7676 times)

Offline haurowned

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
pokemon moves in question
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:41:23 pm »
I was thinking about what it would feel like to be in the place of the people making this game and i came to think that the Pokemon moves such as Hypnosis specifics vary in most generations. For instance the accuracy changes it was 60% then in Pearl it was 70% and and throughout the diffident games the same Pokemon learn it at diffident levels. This is a question that brings in a lot of game balance into consideration. Should Pokemon Universe do the same as the last generation or make new adjustments that are seen fit to game balance.

Ps: I do realize that this may of been in another post but i dint find it or the developers are still not at that point yet but it is a question that brings in some serious game balance.

Offline Kamaran

• Lead Mapper
  • PU Team
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: pokemon moves in question
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:55:17 pm »
I can inform you, and everyone else, that the balance team has been on this. Some moves have had changed their accuracy and powers while others have stayed the same. This is to have an even competitive meta game. Enjoy.
"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 07:55:44 pm »
There is a balance team that has been working on balancing everything. Every pokemon will be able to be used viably in PVP (or that's the goal, anyway.). I think most of the balance team (like myself) has been too busy with real life to work on balancing though.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 10:05:05 pm »
Most of the testers are indeed inactive, but between the 3 balancers(Myself included) there are still 2 active ones. I'm on the testing server everyday. While I don't test every day, I do however try to find different OP sets for pokemon.

Rest assured, haurowned. We do our best to find and fix everything we can to make a better meta game for our players. I actually have some ideas that I have been working on for shell smash and quiver dance that I will be discussing with the other balancers soon. As well as a change to Rock Slide. :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:07:27 pm by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 10:06:41 pm »
There is a balance team that has been working on balancing everything. Every pokemon will be able to be used viably in PVP (or that's the goal, anyway.). I think most of the balance team (like myself) has been too busy with real life to work on balancing though.
You're not part of the balance team, you're a tester dip stick. C:
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:45:59 pm »
yeah, that's what I meant. I removed a part of my post and added something else in, which is why I had balance team instead of balance team and testers.

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:13:11 am »
yeah, that's what I meant. I removed a part of my post and added something else in, which is why I had balance team instead of balance team and testers.
Gerd jerb :D
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein