* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: YouTube  (Read 14799 times)

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
YouTube
« on: March 22, 2013, 11:53:14 am »
Okay, there's something I have to rant about YouTube that's made me absolutely livid.

First off, your limited to 15 minutes worth of video's if you don't have a cell phone. For some unexplainable, ridiculous reason you need a cell phone for something on the internet. It may not seem ridiculous to anyone else, but think about it. You need a CELLPHONE for something on the INTERNET, cellphones are made for long distance calls, not verifying accounts and answering quizzes. Sure, you can play portable games, but the thing that get's me about this is that you HAVE to have a cell phone. What about a guy like me who doesn't have a cellphone because he's too poor to have one and wouldn't want one in the first place?! They cant come up with any better way, like a quiz, or an e-mail, or almost anything besides a cellphone?!

Second off, the layout. Now I know for fact I'm not the only one angry about  YouTube changing it's layout constantly, but this time they just frigged up. I can list everything wrong with it that I noticed:

-Uneasy access to the inbox tab.
What if I want to see if there's any new comments or replies right away, and instead I have to do like three steps in order to do so, which is unnecessary.

-No obvious PM button.
I like to be able to send PM's to other YoutTubers in order to give them tips or tell them about someone who stole one of their video's. My complaint is I cant find the button that let's me send them a Private Message. I've looked at all of the obvious places: Other peoples channels, the retarded tab at the top of the screen, the home page, and I cant find it if it even exists.

-Fifteen minute limit.
We've been through this and I'm not sure if it's just this layout that's had this problem, but it's still ridiculous.

-Subscriptions.
About a forth of the time I find YouTube's new subscription tool to be handy, finding my favorite YouTubers. The only problem is I don't know how to edit it to have my favorites at the top. Sometimes, my favorite channels that I want to go to aren't there and I have to search for them. And for some reason, they made it to where it's all mixed with a blender overnight and when you know where the channel was yesterday, it's in a different place today... Why?!.... Just Why?!

-Optional add-on's.
Don't know if anyone else had this problem, but for some reason YouTube's giving me an option to make my channel more complex and confusing. I mean, if I don't use it I'll probably get none of the benefits, but why would YouTube get me the option of doing it or not, couldn't they just make my channel like that without my permission? They've done that countless times before. This might seem minor, but why hesitate on this when you've already made the entire website derpy?

Well, that's about all of my rant, if you have a problem that I haven't went through, feel free to share your hate below. Or if you want to complain that something doesn't make sense, you can do that too, I just needed to get this off of my chest and onto the computer screen.
. . .

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: YouTube
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 12:52:06 pm »
I find the 15 minute limit extremely annoying. I also can't stand the fact that you can't watch playlists on mobile, such as on phones or tablets, whether on the crappy app or the internet browser. Lastly, when I search for something on my laptop and then search the same exact thing on my iPad, the videos that show up are not in the same order, and some of the videos don't even appear. Then, you go to watch some videos and it says that they aren't made for mobile. That happened for the first time a couple days ago, but I thought all videos automatically worked on mobile, after all, it's practically the same thing.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »
How weird, I don't use my cellphone for internet causes yet I can upload videos larger than 15 minutes. Perhaps it has to do with my status as youtuber.

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 11:33:03 pm »
You gotta do this thing that I can't remember to get your videos longer than fifteen minutes, Fenror. Look it up.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:37:46 pm »
My bad, that was a typo. I meant it sounds annoying. I don't post videos on youtube.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »
You gotta do this thing that I can't remember to get your videos longer than fifteen minutes, Fenror. Look it up.

YouTube has to send you a text to your cell phone in order to verify your account so your video's last more than 15 minutes...
Don't ask why, I don't know what drugs they were on.
. . .

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 11:47:38 pm »
I knew it was something like that, I did it. Wasn't there a second option?

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 11:49:46 pm »
I knew it was something like that, I did it. Wasn't there a second option?

Nope. That's the only option.
. . .

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 11:51:39 pm »
There used to be one where they'd email you, I think.  I think its gone now though...?
TRANSMISSION_END

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 11:56:50 pm »
YouTube's retarded new layout changed everything to make it inconvenient and almost impossible to work with. Back in about 2010 it was a lot simpler. I know because I made a few UTAU video's- which I removed due to embarrassing quality- and those only took about twenty minutes to upload, versus the new retarded 10 hour upload time. The UTAU vid's I made were only about three minutes long, and my new ones are like ten minutes. Still, if you do the math that would only be ONE hour... WHY YOUTUBE, WHY?!
. . .

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 12:00:42 am »
I uploaded a forty minute video that took me an hour.... ._.

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 12:07:31 am »
When did you upload that?
. . .

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 12:08:38 am »
'Bout a month ago. Maybe a bit more.

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 12:19:02 am »
Well then apparently YouTube either likes you or your internet is actually stronger than ours. What type of movie file is it?
. . .

Offline dagreatnain

• Beginning Trainer
  • I'm here to SHOCK the Pokemon Universe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 03:38:38 pm »
Every time i try to watch stuff on youtube there are ads, that will not go away to the right of the page. I mute them but they restart every thirty seconds and unmute... Is there a way to stop this?
PROUD ELEMENTAL ELITE - Proud Electric Trainer