Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction & Writing

Utopia: Generation Zero

(1/3) > >>

Tickles:
A while ago, I did an RP called Poisoned Utopia. This is the story of the group of people twenty years before that RP takes place. For any of you who were part of that, if you want to know where each character was at the time, subtract the age by twenty years. I may include references to some of the characters in the RP. I read through the whole thing, gathering information and now I am ready to show the first part of the story. Hope you all enjoy it.

Note: Some characters simply would not exist in this part of the timeline. I realize this, and know you might be left out. Stay tuned, and you might notice your characters parents, whether they be in a brief introduction, or involved in a deeper way.

I may also restart the RP once this is done.

Long ago, groups of scientists from around the country of Ceres were researching how to make people immortal. From this age of discovery, a virus was designed that would grant this ability to anyone, and anything it was given to. However, a young scientist my the name of Archibald Moore, angered by the loss of his robotics company and funding on his research, went on a full assault with his robots on the bio-medical firm. The resulting attack caused a massive explosion, that scattered an unfinished version of the virus across Ceres and the surrounding territories. Many people died, and those that remained were either immune, or mutated into powerful beings. A few years has passed, and three groups came to be, the Humans who were lucky enough to resist the virus, the Chosen, humans who gained fantastic powers, and the Monsters, grotesque creatures that usually went feral. A war raged between the groups for the remains of Ceres, but slowly died down in a age of peace. Utopia, the flying city, was built as a symbol of peace, and a new era was about to begin. Yet, once the city took first flight, monsters were deemed unworthy, and only a select group of humans and chosen were allowed to live within, thus bringing the death of Ceres, and the birth of the Underlands. Eighty years has passed, and nothing has changed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our story begins in a shack located in the southern sector. Cilus Farren, a young man, hair a crimson red color, wearing a simple black sweater and blue jeans, is sitting lazily on his bed. He has strings wrapped around his fingers, and moving them around out of boredom. As he yawns, he decides to check for his brother, Dagen, who went out to find some food.

"Hmm, let's see..." He activates his power, manipulating the strings with his mind. Outside are many machines and traps, all connected to the chosen. He concentrates his mind's eye on the broken robot wearing the head of a zigarex, looking to the east, "Nope, not there..." He moves on to a camera lens placed in a tree, checking the west, "Not there either. Dagen, where are you?" In the silence, one of the bells in the shack rings. A sensor has been tripped. Cilus knows it's coming from the north, and readies his defenses. Two robots carrying crude clubs are moved into position. Cilus looks through one of their eyes, and notices a figure running towards his home. It was a man with long blonde hair, wearing an open long coat with a white t-shirt and grey jeans. His left arm has a crude claw device with a battery attached to it. Dagen has returned.

"Cilus, unlock the door!" He yelled as he came closer. Cilus jumped up and removed the board that allowed them safety. Dagen burst in, and slammed the door shut, sealing the door. "Brother, what happened?" Dagen gritted his teeth, and looked out the window from the direction he was running. He responded in a half panicked way, "I may have pissed off some people. Nothing out of the ordinary, but I think they followed me." Cilus knew what this meant. His brother had been caught stealing again. His fist clenched, and he couldn't help but to punch Dagen in the back of the head. "Ow, what the hell, Cilus!" Cilus was breathing heavily, "Dagen, I wish you wouldn't resort to stealing. Every time you do, we have to leave another home. I'm tired of running, and want to live somewhere longer than a couple weeks."

"He went this way! There's some kind of shack." A small group of men, armed with swords and knives, approached the shack as well, surrounding it. Cilus was too distracted to try and stop them. One of the men started to kick at the door. "Come out of there, you little bastard! I'm going to chop off your hand and feed it to you!"

"Get away from here. I don't want to hurt you, but if you decide to stay, I'll have no choice."

The attackers laughed. One of them came up to the window, and smashed it, grabbing a hold of Cilus in the process. Dagen became enraged, and grabbed the culprit's arm with his clawed hand.

"Let him go!" Dagen activated his power, sending a surge of electricity into the unknown man's arm. The man keeled back in pain, and his skin was singed where Dagen grabbed it. Dagen jumped through the broken window, tackling his victim to the ground. He grabbed him around the throat, and let out another surge, killing him. The other men started to back away slowly. Dagen rose and looked at them.

"Unless any of you want to end up like your friend, I suggest you leave now." Dagen was fuming. Cilus looked out the window. This has gotten out of hand.

"Dagen, stop! You don't have to do this! All of you, just leave, please." The men ran from the shack, vowing to return with a bigger group to settle this.

Cilus came out of the shack, angry and frightened. He had everything packed. Dagen calmed down, and nodded towards his brother. They left their home behind once again, setting out towards the east. Neither could say a word to each other.

Tickles:
The two walked for what seemed like hours, dead silent. This was not the first time he had seen death at the hands of his brother, but he could never get past it. Dagen walked with his head hanging, thoughts racing. His mind flashed with all the faces, frozen in fear and anguish as he snuffed out the life force within them. All of this gave him a headache.

"Cilus, you understand why I did what I did, right?"

"Yes, brother. It's for our survival.." Cilus still felt uneasy about his answer. He stopped, and placed the pack he was carrying on the ground. He stretched out, feeling relieved.

"Besides, there's no point in sulking on it. What's done is done, and I'm glad you were there to protect me."

Dagen smiled a bit, but quickly grew tense. In the distant, gunfire could be heard, and from the frequency, a battle must be taking place.

"Cilus, go and hide!" Dagen commanded, and Cilus knew not to argue. Cilus found a couple large boulders, and placed his hand upon them. Using his power, he lifted them and brought them to a third, and placed them in front to form a protective barrier. Dagen looked around. There was nothing but wasteland, and nothing electronic he could use to his advantage. He scanned where the gunfire was coming from, only to see one figure approaching. It was large, and seemed to be made of metal. Dagen recognized the shape. A paladin. He had seen these soldiers of Utopia before, carting Chosen away and murdering monsters. He could already feel the lead weapon this one was carrying, even though he knew it was far away from him. The paladin stopped, and drew his weapon, a longsword.

"Halt! You are trespassing on Utopian soil. State your business, or approach death with dignity."

Dagen was frozen in place. He knew he had little chance to take on this soldier. He mustered up every bit of strength he could.

"I am just passing through. Please, I don't want any trouble."

The paladin walked forward towards him. Dagen started to back away, but before he could got a chance to run, he felt a hand on his shoulder. A second paladin somehow got behind him. Dagen looked down, and noticed this one had a gun out.

"Just passing through are we? Well, isn't that convenient," The paladin with the gun pointed to the moved boulders "seeing as the landscape has suddenly change, right chosen?"

Again, Dagen froze. His rash actions has gotten him captured. The bladed paladin finally caught up, the lead weapon slowly draining Dagen's powers.

"What should we do with him?"

"Let's take him back for some target practice. Been a while..."

Dagen was confused. Wasn't there a battle ahead? Why do these two seem so calm.

"Aren't you two... in the middle.... of a fight? There's ... lots of gunfire."

The paladins laughed.

"You fool, you found one of our outposts. We get bored, and shoot at targets. But, it's better to have one that can run."

Suddenly, the boulders moved again, and one flew towards the the three, crashing down a few feet away. Cilus had the other two boulders next to him, lifting them without any problem.

"Let my brother go!"

One of the paladins opened fired, but Cilus moved one of the boulders in time. Dagen took the opening, and managed to send a shock through his captives arm, albeit kind of weak. He ducked down on the ground as Cilus launched his shield. The paladins dodged, and the one with the sword landed on top of Dagen. A loud pop was heard. Dagen figured he was shot, but when he looked up, a large man on a strange motorcycle was standing between him, and the gunmen.

"Hold on, we're getting out of here."

He punched the nearest paladin in the chest, knocking him back a few feet and disarming him in the process. The other one got off Dagen and charged forward, only to be clothes lined by the massive being. With the threat gone, the large man went and helped Dagen up.

"My name's Archie, and I need you to come with me, " he looked to Cilus. "And you as well."

Tickles:
Taking a small break from the story to ask a question and open up the comments. I decided that, after a while and this gets going further, to open up the Utopia universe and let everyone use it for whatever, whether it be an Rp, or their own adaptation. The reason I say this is because I remember how some people really enjoyed the RP, and a while back, someone wanted to make an RP based off of it, and I also want to expand this universe as big as it can possibly get.

Overtime, I will post details on the region, the characters, and other aspects of the story so people can use them as a resource. I just want to know who would be up for this, and help make the Utopia story a norm in science fiction.

GrizzlyEatsKids:
I might be in, assuming I'm not working on any other RP at the time.

Tickles:

--- Quote from: Fenror on June 17, 2013, 03:42:16 AM ---I might be in, assuming I'm not working on any other RP at the time.

--- End quote ---

Only asking if anyone is interested in using the resources. I'll be working on the next part of the story itself soon, and will work on the resources when I have time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version