* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [GUILD] The Organization  (Read 65447 times)

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD] The Organization
« Reply #150 on: July 18, 2013, 01:59:36 AM »
I'll join. I would like to suggest a couple games as well.

Goldeneye Source

It counts as a steam game, and only requires Source SDK 2007, which is free. Also very fun to play.

Pokemon Generations

A simple and fun Pokemon games, thought still in beta. Might actually prove to be an interesting play in the tourney. Also free.

Disregard. Really buggy.

Also, the Pokemon Universe Balance Server, since it is easily accessible, and  also very fun now that the list of pokes is done.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:39:18 AM by Cortex J. »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 18, 2013, 03:59:16 AM »
I checked out Goldeneye Source, and it fits, so is now accepted. PO is not quite a true video game, so will not be allowed, although at some point we will likely still have that battle day. as for Pokemon Generations, I had trouble downloading it earlier, but if anyone wants to play it, I'll actually allow it.

Updated Participant List:

Fenror
9Nexalas6
WhatThePumpkin
Humen
Meowth
Soul358
Cortex J.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 18, 2013, 11:50:54 AM »
I played generation and it doesn't seem buggy to me although for the tournament i'm not sure how online would do. It seems to work on a LAN server but for an actual online server you have to download another program i think.
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 18, 2013, 03:02:21 PM »
The main problem for me is getting the UI to work. it does for about 5 minutes, and I catch a pidgey or a bulbasaur, but then I can't toggle catch. \ou might need to do some research on how to host a server.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 18, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
Not to mention it has some serious balance issues. Rattata out classes all pokemon currently in that game. Spam quick attack till your out of PP then back off and let it regen then spam quick attack again. Easy win.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 19, 2013, 02:11:44 AM »
rattata can only really spam quick attack if u let him, every pokemon has a ranged attack so they can keep rattata at a distance  and charmander, pigey and squirtle have ember, gust and bubble which stay on the field especially gust to protect them from quick attack.

And cortex what do you mean by the UI and toggle catch?
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 19, 2013, 02:15:34 AM »
Thats if you let them, Humen. Trust me, no pokemon currently available on that game is better then rattata. It can close the gap fast with quick attacks and can keep you locked down with a spam of quick attacks. Not to mention, you would have to be pretty stupid to run into bubble, ember on the feild. I mean seriously, just walk away from them or go around. Easy.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 19, 2013, 02:23:52 AM »
rattata can only really spam quick attack if u let him, every pokemon has a ranged attack so they can keep rattata at a distance  and charmander, pigey and squirtle have ember, gust and bubble which stay on the field especially gust to protect them from quick attack.

And cortex what do you mean by the UI and toggle catch?

The User Interface. It doesn't work for me sometimes.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 19, 2013, 02:38:26 AM »
I didn't try it, because I couldn't get it to download correctly. It probably won't be around for too long until Nintendo forces it to close, if I had to guess.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 19, 2013, 05:32:01 PM »
Hey if nintendo can shut down generatiosn why cant they shut down pokemon universe the second it beocmes to popular. Is it becuase its a MMO or that they just dont care what goes on here.

Offline WhatThePumpkin

• Good Trainer
  • Currently On Hiatus
    • View Profile
    • WhatThePumpkin's dA
« Reply #160 on: July 19, 2013, 06:01:23 PM »
Hey if nintendo can shut down generatiosn why cant they shut down pokemon universe the second it beocmes to popular. Is it becuase its a MMO or that they just dont care what goes on here.
I think they once tried to :I We don't actually know if they did or not.
In all honesty, I think they just don't care.
Fais Gaffe Au Soleil~
--
Well, next time you see ol' Firecrotch, make sure you give him a bad batch- Nagi Kengamine
--
No matter how girly I act, I am a man, and I would like to be seen as one. You are forgiven for accidents, but not ignorance. You can skype me at angelofcorpses if you have any questions, as I am on hiatus

Offline PkMn Trainer Black

• Good Trainer
  • Everyone's changing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2013, 12:30:18 AM »
Hey guys. I know I haven't posted much since I've joined The Organization, and I don't have much reason for that. But I came up with an idea that would make me more active.

Since I'm banned from downloading PO, I can't really battle or watch anyone of your battles, and no one here messes with Pokemon Showdown that much, if at all, either. So what if I posted a link to my battles on Showdown? This way, I'll be able to actually feel like I'm here for a reason, and I'll be able to receive constructive criticism from you guys.

So let me know what you think. Is this a good idea, or should I make this another topic?
Even if one person steales waht you deserve, your reward will be even better than the last if you head down the right path.

Showdown Username: Shining Darkness

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2013, 01:14:10 AM »
Hey guys. I know I haven't posted much since I've joined The Organization, and I don't have much reason for that. But I came up with an idea that would make me more active.

Since I'm banned from downloading PO, I can't really battle or watch anyone of your battles, and no one here messes with Pokemon Showdown that much, if at all, either. So what if I posted a link to my battles on Showdown? This way, I'll be able to actually feel like I'm here for a reason, and I'll be able to receive constructive criticism from you guys.

So let me know what you think. Is this a good idea, or should I make this another topic?

Only posting as moderator. My suggestion is you make a separate topic for your videos, and open it up so everyone can post theirs, as well as share tips and such. I play on showdown as well, so you can find me if you want. And PM me about that whole banned from PO. I would like to know if it's PO in general, or PU PO.

Offline NexosYourGayBestFriend96

• Normal Trainer
  • Reality's Exit . . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2013, 04:03:06 AM »
I dont really understand why the people at Nintendo cant just enjoy some of the good non-profit fan creations that are made for the sole purpose of entertaining others. If anything they gain even MORE fame than they already have.

And on the subject of PO, cant make any promises but if I can find my flash drive I could possibly play PO on my grandmothers computer.
. . .

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2013, 02:49:59 AM »
hey black if u ever want to battle on showdown i dont mind a challenge that way my teams wont get nerfed like they do on PO (???)