* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 AM]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 AM]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 AM]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 AM]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 AM]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 PM]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 PM]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 PM]

Author Topic: [OOCC] Galactic Underground  (Read 43862 times)

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
[OOCC] Galactic Underground
« on: November 15, 2013, 03:34:28 AM »
This is the official out of character chat for the Galactic Underground RP.

Profiles Thread: http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4881.0.html
RP Thread: http://www.pokemon-universe.com/index.php/topic,4879.0.html

Characters

In this RP, you play two characters, your human player, and your astral being. Your human player does not transform into the being in their world. They project their mind and take control of their being in one of many worlds throughout the universe, which can include many things varying from your imagination, video games, movies, TV Shows, Anime, etc.

Artifacts

Artifacts are powerful items that grant untold power and give an unfair advantage to holders. Such items are dangerous in a way that they commonly cause corruption in the user, making them addicted to power, or worse, chaos. The following are active artifacts:

Grey Cowl of Nocturnal- Causes the user to hide their true identity. In battle, the astral gains shadowlike powers. Held by GBA

The Golden Fleece- The legendary golden fleece, it allows the user to regain health in battle, and sustain more damage than normal. Held by Yuki

Fate's Eye- Boosts the users accuracy, and allows them to see weak points in their foe. Held By Humen.

The Rope- Completely seals a foes movements. no, you can't move. no, you can't break out. Sorry, but that's the way it is. At least for three minutes. Held by Humen.

Battle Zones

Characters in this universe use objects called seals to transport their minds to other worlds. Seals often appear in the form of some sort of marking or tattoo somewhere on the body. Using a fairly new technology, called a Sync Band, fighters can project themselves into battle. The Sync Band is a small, bracelet-like object with a single button on it. After pressing the button, a holographic screen is project right above the wrist by the bracelet, which allows for the easy selection of both stages and clauses, which were implemented for the first time by the GFA. Another way to sync is with both fighters standing on a large circular pad, known as a sync station, which will also activate a seal. As long as both fighters have a Sync Band, a sync station is not needed to enter battle. Each station contains its own arena though, and while the Sync Band only comes with one GFA authorized pre-loaded arena (of the fighter's choice), winning a battle on a sync station's own arena will allow the victor to download that stage to their sync band for further use. As a final feature, the button on the Sync Band will glow when a station in the nearby area is conducting an event. By pressing the button while it is glowing, the event will be displayed to the fighter, which often rewards the winner with cool benefits, such as new clauses and special stages (this even includes a few throwback arenas!). Upon syncing, an orb no longer appears, but, rather, the fighter's seal glows a bright color (which differs from person to person) that shows through clothing. The official, authorized GFA stages include the following, but custom stages may be submitted:

The Frostburn Mountains: This is one of the largest arenas ever created, as it encompasses an entire, snowy mountain range. The higher the mountains, the colder it gets and the harder it becomes to get an adequate supply of air. Popular among large groups of fighters, but is still perfectly fine for one-on-one fights.

Treasure of the Sands: A small, vibrant oasis located in the middle of a barren desert. Combat outside, in the hot, sandy desert area, proves very difficult for up close, physical based fighters, but is a stomping ground for the flight-enabled, ranged fighters who can make use of the open space. The cool, fairly small oasis, on the other hand, is perfect for up close, hand-to-hand combat, but the lack of space and the overhanging trees makes flight nearly impossible.

Orbital Oblivion: A large arena located in an orbital view, with several different planets. Each combatant will fight to the death, while they hop from planet to planet, using the lower gravitational pull of some of the planets. While they do this, however. They must watch their time, as a black hole that slowly devours the planets, looms closer and closer during it. The different planets have different gravity, allowing for certain combatants to have a easy and or harder time on each planet. http://oi41.tinypic.com/2z6ax37.jpg

Wonderland: A massive arena in a giant mushroom forest, it provides excellent cover and hiding places. Watch out for the mushrooms, as they release spores at random times that can cause one of three effects: Stun, Blind, and Poisoning. Smashing into these fungi increases the chances of releasing spores. http://bestwebsiteevrd.webs.com/2010_alice_in_wonderland_013.jpg

Platform Panic: A fairly large room with a somewhat low ceiling that prevents extensive flying. The entire floor here is made of platforms, or panels, of varying sizes, although the majority of them are quite large. After standing on one of the platforms for any longer than a few seconds, it will suddenly descend into the bottomless pit that lies below the floor. Falling into this pit will cause an immediate DS, thus encouraging near constant movement. Eventually, the platforms will reappear, but it will occur gradually over time. The platforms do not register a downed astral on it, and will not fall on someone who is unable to move in that scenario, unless their opponent is also standing on the platform with them.

Deadman's Ocean: A large, open sea serves as the template for a battle between multiple large fleets of pirate ships. Fighters may traverse from ship to ship  and conduct battle in any manner that they wish. Fighters should proceed with both urgency and caution, as even though no other people (or pirates) are present, the ships are still sailing around and conducting combat with one another, using the wide range of cannons and swivel guns to take down the others, all while the astral fight is taking place upon their decks. Ships do not respawn, and flying debris can cause damage to the fighters. While flight is possible, remaining in the air for too long may alert one or more of the ships, which will then try to use their weapons to take down the airborne astral.

The Great Basin: A moderately sized, open arena. It is a barren field of rock, lined with stone cliffs and a large, empty, circular basin in the middle. The stone cliffs, which rise high into the air and act as borders, are lined with powerful waterfalls that pour into a large stream that lines the bottom edge of the arena. The waterfalls cause a thick layer of mist around the stage's border, and impairs both vision and hearing in this area. There is also a harsh, steady rain, which partially impairs flight. Throughout the battle, the rain constantly fills the basin and eventually it overflows. As the basin fills, movement within it becomes more difficult.

Metropolis City: A fairly large, metropolitan city complete with towers, shops, neighborhoods, and even traffic. Perfectly suited for any size of battle, as each area of the city offers a different challenge in the form of structure and terrain. It is always night here, but that does not retract from the traffic, but rather affects atmosphere more than anything.

*More to come soon!

Forbidden Battle Zones

For various reasons, specific battle zones were banned from legal play, but they now see much use in the underground. They include:

Escher Stairs: A forbidden arena, this area is known to cause a break in a fighters senses. Gravity varies depending on where you stand, and long range attacks are found to be useless from this, sometimes causing attacks to literally boomerang. The mannequins in this arena are known to attack at random with devastating force. Eight times already, fighters have de-synched and passed out from the stress this arena causes. http://www.vertice.ca/wp-content/uploads/Escher-Stairs.jpg

Connect Four: A large square divided into four corners, each with a different element. The  northwest corner is covered in trees and grass, with gardens and flowers marking the edges before a large river divides it from the other squares, with a small brick bridge connecting it with the others. The  southeast corner is made up mostly of sandy roads, with palm tree's and oasis scattered throughout, a large sandy wall, with just a few entrances lines the edge, with the bridges connecting directly to it, under the bridges, there was a large river. The southwest corner is mostly filled with hot rock, with streams of magma and fire throughout, large walls of hardened magma lining the edges, with the brick bridges connecting directly to it, allowing entrance. Below the bridges, magma and river flow into each other, steam rise up all around it. The northeast corner is a combination of water and ice. The corner is mostly made up of large icy roads,  with streams of cold water all around, large glaciers mark the edges, the brick bridges connect to it, by going around the glaciers.  The rivers that separate the four corners come from a waterfall contained within this corner. The person at this corner has the ability to stop the rivers from flowing, allowing you to go into the pits separating them, without any trouble. This arena is best suited for large team battles.

Dragon's Lair: A fairly large cave filled with lava pools and inconsistent lighting. The pools of flame will occasionally spout fire in multiple directions, causing damage to all of those that it hits. Movement in some areas can be difficult, what with the sporadic outcroppings of rock. To make things worse, there is a terrible dragon that lives deep within the cave, and if the fight drags on for too long, it will wreck havoc on those fighting in its layer.

Apocalypse Island: A small, abandoned island on which the end of the world grows near. As the battle progresses, disasters will strike the island, ranging from powerful waves, tornadoes, lighting, earthquakes, and raining fire.

*More to come soon!

Special Battle Zones

While they aren't GFA-approved, there are still some special battle zones that have not been banned, and make an appearance from time to time.

Tilted Treetops: A vast forest with one twist, all the trees grow out of a wall of dirt, resulting in sturdy platforms that require great care to get around. Many fighters enjoy the zone for the great amount of cover, and the need to stay on their toes.

Clauses

Clauses add a unique spin to battles by changing the rules or modifying aspects of the arena.

Low Grav Clause: Gravity is light, allowing for high flying battles. Falling impacts are lessened.

Inverted Clause: Stats are inverted. S becomes D, A becomes C, B stays the same, and vice versa. Abilities and supers are disabled.

Pure Fight Clause: Abilities and supers are disabled. Pure fighting skill is needed to win.

Weather Clause: Allows you to change the weather of an arena before the battle begins.

Pure Arena Clause: All of the dynamic effects of an arena are removed. This includes the guns and fighting of the ships in Deadman's Ocean, the spores in Wonderland, the traffic in Metropolis City, and so on.

Forbidden Clauses

Nightmare Clause: Fight becomes real. Any damage done to the astral is felt by the fighter. The fighter may die in the process.

Shadow Clause: Darkens the light of the arena, lowering visibility to a minimum.

X-Ray Clause: Allows both fighters to always be aware of their opponent's location.

Vagrant City

This is the fighting capitol of the world. There are multiple areas in the city you can explore.

Public Transportation: There are many forms of public transportation for those in the city, which includes the monorail, subway system, taxis, and public buses.

The Grand Arena: The incredible stadium used for the Galactic Tournament. It was once the city’s main attraction. There are training and holding rooms available to all of the contestants, and the main stage is reserved for the official matches, but due to the recent lockdown of the GFA, the arena has been completely closed off and is guarded by security 24/7.

The Park: A good place to take a stroll. A lot of meeting up is done here by all sorts of people, and it used to be a place for rivals to gather and duke it out on the astral planes. Not much has changed here over the years, save for the now lacking battles.

Downtown: The center of business. Fighting was always frowned upon in this area as it could disrupt the working people. Over time, the downtown area of Vagrant City evolved to be a highly recognizable feature of the city around the world, with its many shopping centers, many restaurants, huge HD screens, and a vast number of entertainment centers. The dojo is also located here.

Dojo X: A popular training center where fighters came from all around the country, particularly in the GFA’s offseason, to battle against one another in one of the most famous dojos in the world. Since astral fighting recently became illegal, the dojo has closed down until further notice.

Galactic Fighter’s University: This was once a school for any and all young fighters to go and brush up on their skills, but eventually bought out by the GFA, and it then became a prestigious academy for the nation’s top fighting prospects. Some of the students still live in the dorms here, as while the fighting aspects of the school Is temporarily closed because of the banned astral fighting, its basic functions still remain. There are a couple of rumors floating about that some teachers are still willing to teach and tutor anyone in private, but upon being approached by authorities, those rumors have apparently been denied.

The GFA Museum: A museum was erected during the third year of the GFA in order to commemorate the best astrals, fighters, and records.

Housing Areas: There are many areas of housing and apartments in Vagrant City, located in many different areas.

Golden Oaks: Where the richest of the rich live, past a large hill all the way at the edge of the city. Not everyone with beaucoup money lives here, of course, but still, several do. Some of the largest houses and mansions in the country can be found here.

Industrial District: A set of roads and streets intertwined between a large number of factories, electricity and chemical plants, and warehouses.

Automate Factory: A humongous abandoned factory that lies at the far edge of the Industrial District. Automate Industries was once one of the most innovative companies at the time of its existence, but one day, the company mysteriously shut down for unknown reasons, and its factory was abandoned, but for yet another strange reason, it was never sold or torn down.

*More locations will be added as the RP progresses.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:53:31 AM by Xetroc »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Trainer
  • Busy busy busy again
    • View Profile
Re: [OOCC] Galactic Underground
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:23:11 AM »
RP is open and approved.
No one can go back and change a bad beginning; but anyone can start now and create a successful ending.
If a problem can be solved, no need to worry about it. If it cannot be solved what is the use of worrying?

Currently playing Pokemon XY/ORAS/Shuffle and Clash of Clans and testing out PokemonRevolutionOnline and Dragonmon Hunter....
Also, forum notification emails are not getting in my inbox... again...

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 04:12:09 PM »
Platform Panic has been added to the list of battle zones. More will be added throughout the next several days as I am able to get them together. Also, please, feel free to ask any and all questions here, as there are several new mechanics and details that were not present in the previous RP. Even if you weren't in the previous RP, Galactic Tournament, you can of course still join this one!

Also, feel free to submit stages to me in a PM. Instead of having a custom stages section, the arena you send me, if accepted will be classified into one of three categories: GFA Stages, Forbidden Stages, and Special Stages (more info on these are on the way). There's no need for you to try to classify the arena on your own, as that will be done by me regardless. Also, if it helps, feel free to provide an image of the stage, although it is not required in all cases.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
  • Had an older account, forgot what it was. Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 09:21:27 PM »
When were you planning on starting this one? I'd like to join, but with Cortex's RP it doesn't seem like too many people will join. I definitely will join, but if no one else does, I'd save the idea for later.
[SIGNATURE]

I actually have all the badges from each region, because, y'know, badges.

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 09:25:31 PM »
In a week or two. I already have 5-6 people joining.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline Humen

• Normal Trainer
  • I am the last of my kind and im loving it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2013, 09:28:26 PM »
like cortex rp could stop me from join >:3
Sticks and stones can break my bones and names can make me feel like i deserved it.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2013, 11:08:20 PM »
Like my own RP is going to stop me. :p
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
Keep the profiles rolling in, as I'll try to start posting them fairly soon. No definite start date is yet scheduled for the RP, but I aim to begin sometime around Sunday. I also just added five new arenas, two of which, The Great Basin and Metropolis City, are GFA-approved, while the other three, Connect Four, Dragon's Lair, and Apocalypse Island are forbidden stages.

EDIT: Several clauses were added. There will be more in the future. Also, Xetroc will be sub GM.

EDIT 2: Start date may be pushed back a few days to give me enough time to work out all the plot details. Also, after talking with Xetroc, he has decided not to sub GM, and I will handle it on my own. One final note, this is the last call for custom stages. After Saturday, no new stages will be accepted as the RP will be getting close to starting.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:55:03 AM by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:40:34 PM »
Sorry for the double post, but I'll probably do this more often than a bunch of edits to my previous post, as I believe some people, like Blades, only get a notification when a new post is made, not an edit. At the same time, make sure you all check the previous post for those two edits. Anyway, I have a few things to address:

1. The RP does not have a set start date, but it will most likely begin sometime between this Sunday and the following Wednesday.

2. I'll post in the profiles section with a reserved spot for everyone who has turned profiles in, has had them accepted, or is currently known to be in the process of making one. I won't update the profiles section with the actual profiles themselves just yet, though. This'll help everyone joining and interested in joining know who is definitely in the RP and to approximate the number of characters, in case you feel the need to do any of your personal planning with that.

3. As said in the previous post, I will GM thee RP by myself.

4. Last call for new arenas, check my previous post for details.

5. Feel free to submit suggestions for clauses now to me through a PM.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:43:04 PM by foodonfloor »
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 09:29:46 PM »
I'm definitely going to sign up, so give me some time. Got a lot of schoolwork to finish, but I'm going to work on my profile tonight and tomorrow, hopefully. Going to see a lot of Megaman, because that's all I saw when I read the way the two are linked and fight.
[SIGNATURE]

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:36 PM »
Ok, RP will start sometime this week, I just don't know when, although I'm looking at MAYBE Wednesday. I need profiles as soon as you can get them filled out.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 03:31:17 AM »
I will try to start the RP Friday, but in case something comes up, it may be pushed back a day, but I doubt that will be the case. Accepted profiles have been posted, but I may still come to you before the RP if a change needs to be made. I will post more info about the setting on the first page here soon. Any other questions about the RP?
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 08:03:05 AM »
Because of difficulties and schedules, the RP will have to be pushed back one final time to either Saturday or Sunday, by which it will definitely start. Sorry for the delay, but if anyone wants, I'll be on PO as much as I can, watching and judging for debugs, so if you have a chance, come join us!
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline GrizzlyEatsKids

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2013, 01:04:10 AM »
The first post is up, and the RP has officially started! Ask major questions here, please, in case others are wondering the same thing.
0 Aiden 0/100
0 Kayla 0/100
0 Zoe 0/100

Offline WhistfulSoul

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2013, 01:09:34 AM »
Sorry I'm late, truck overheated on the way to my friends.
[SIGNATURE]