* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: Site feels dead  (Read 9374 times)

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
Site feels dead
« on: January 31, 2014, 02:39:37 pm »
I've been here since 2009, remained patient and waited, waited, and on the side did a little more waiting. But now it seems as though the site is DEAD. The development feed hasn't been updated since august, no one EVER chats on IRC anymore, and I made the last post on the 'Development and Ideas' section. And the most recent post on the 'News and Announcements' (at the writing of this post) is the one from New Year's. The only board that gets updated frequently is the RP board, which unfortunately isn't a sign of productivity.

I just wish the site wasn't dying like this....  :'(
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
Re: Site feels dead
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 07:14:28 pm »
A lot of people get busy this time of year. And though you can't see it, us MODs have other boards that we can post in.

I can't say anything on the activity on IRC but there are quite a few of us that get on our PO server.

Miss Wednesday
Me
Cortex
Meowth
Blades
Ursaring
Foodonfloor
Arctus
Humen
Lubbies
Yuki
+ random strangers that get on. (they sometimes add some fun to the server)
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline spartandc

• Beginning Trainer
  • Pokemon,Dragons,Mechs, Supersoldiers! MUHAHAHAHA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:42:02 pm »
This is true to what you say Roloc but I feel as if the site is slowing dieing off from no one of the pu team actually making a post form time to time to make sure everyone knows the project isn't abandoned, or something like that , all I'm trying to say is that it would be nice for a post from you guys every now and then, it could t hurt right?, and congrats for your baby roloc almost forgot to say that, I'm sure you guys will be great parents
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 01:01:34 pm by spartandc »

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 06:02:41 pm »
I will work on getting an update for you guys. I'm not sure where things are at myself, and I get what you guys are saying.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Ursaring

• Normal Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 06:25:59 pm »
I agree the site does seem slow ,and TBH it has for a while. People are not patient ,and other than the initial mechanics(like use any pokemon,guilds ect.) there is really not much to wow people with other than a open beta at this point.  It only makes sense that the site would be slow.

Some more talk about the game would be nice like some friendly  "what Pokemon will you be using?" type threads. When the game is nearing open beta then we will probably see a lot more people hanging around the forum. Until then though I will tell you exactly what you do not want to hear "Just wait.".

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2014, 11:41:56 pm »
Then people are more then welcome to get on our balance server and talk to us there. There are 2-3 admins that get on the balance server regularly, myself included. I'm way more active on our balance server then I am here on the forums. Though I do check the forums often. You don't need to be good at competitive play to get on our balance server. Just get on make a team with out balanced pokes and have some fun battles and chat with us.

Pokemon Online takes like 1-6 mins to download depending on your type of internet and isn't hard on your PC, no reason anyone shouldn't be able to get it.
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

zylonnick

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 09:40:48 pm »
I have not been active for a couple of months due to a tight schedule (exams, internship, sports, coaching etc). But I'll start my PU job (balancing) back when I've studied gen VI's new mechanics and pokémon.

BTW, congratz to Roloc and Mis Wednessday. I's a bit late but the baby looks adorable :)

Offline Miss Wednesday

• The Pirate Lady
  • Balance Tester
  • Normal Trainer
  • Roloc's soulmate <3 C:
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:52 am »
I have not been active for a couple of months due to a tight schedule (exams, internship, sports, coaching etc). But I'll start my PU job (balancing) back when I've studied gen VI's new mechanics and pokémon.

BTW, congratz to Roloc and Mis Wednessday. I's a bit late but the baby looks adorable :)
Thank you Ponge =w=
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Offline TerryE

• Beginning Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 04:14:42 pm »
I haven't been on the balance server in months (having no pc of my own to play on), but I know that the balance server the most active "component" of the site. Can't wait for the next update and the open beta is looming over our heads.

It's just when you see that the development feed's last post was in August 2013, it really makes one feel as though the project is dead.

I also know that the open beta will be delayed due to the balancing of the new Gen VI pokemon. Patience is key.

I appreciate the entire PU team for all they've done, because they're not getting paid to do this. They devote hours of their own time into this project, and sometimes they haven't been given credit when credit is due. They have lives they have to attend to and can't just leave that to work on PU.
Quality is ALWAYS better than quantity. ALWAYS