Official Forums > News & Announcements

ALERT! PU NEEDS MOTIVATION!

<< < (2/20) > >>

Sazaraki:
I'm not much of a forum poster, but I do check back on the site several times a week. I've been looking forward to the game for a long time now. I met a good friend here and I hope to meet many more once you guys do get the game going. I have really liked everything I have seen of it so far and the balance server is the only online battling I'll ever really do. I think you guys can make an awesome game if you just keep at it! To everyone who has contributed, thank you for all your hard work!

colvano:
Long time supporter since 2011 and i would hate to see you guys quit now. I wish i could help, please don't give up now.

fuzzy3158:
So I'm one of those guys that's not actually part of the community here, but just checks the front page of the site regularly to see if there's actually a game to play yet. I can only say that I've been coming here since pretty much the beginning, since this was pretty much the only hope I had of ever getting to play a proper online pokemon game, that's not based on a world I've already played through over and over and over again.
I'd really like to see the world you guys've created and experience the adventure of it.

I honestly have no idea how far you guys are, but wouldn't it be a waste to just let it end without even making it to alpha? Maybe you should just put online what you have, so people can experience it and share their experience on facebook/twitter/whatever. There's a lot to be gained from letting people play a little bit I think.

As for the dwindling of users online, I think that's just a result of people getting tired of waiting actively, and just switching to waiting passively

Anyways, even though I don't really have anything to contribute aside from this motivation, I hope it helps you guys ahead a little bit.

My girlfriend also wanted to help with motivation and contribute with a quest she thought up, but the account activation is hindering her so here is her reaction:

I am also not a part of the community, but that does not mean that I am not interested in Pokemon Universe. I am one of the passive fans that would really like to see Pokemon Universe to become playable. Pokemon has been half my youth and I still love it! It would be amazing if Pokemon Universe would become reality!!!

And to help you guys, I’ve thought of a quest ‘The Wrong Starter’

Quest: The Wrong Starter

Story of the quest:

Chariza is a sad girl who’s mother is sick. Someone told her that there is a shrine with good luck fortunes. Unfortunately the shrine is placed on the other side of a canyon and she cannot cross it. She hoped to get a Charmender that would one day become a Charizard so she could fly over the canyon, but she got a Bulbasaur.

In the same town, you meet a Bulbasaur. He’s quite sad. You ask him to join you for a bit. He nods and seems a bit happier. He starts following you, but does not join your party.

When you near the canyon and talk with the Bulbasaur, he says “Bulba.. Bulbasaur.” and shoots out his vines so you can cross the canyon. On the other side is a plateau with  a small patch of grass (and a rare Pokemon) and a good luck shrine where you can get a good luck charm. When you go back to the other side of the canyon and talk to the Bulbasaur, he pulls his vines back and says “Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur!!” He takes the good luck charm from you and starts following you again.

When you go to the house of Chariza, the door opens and Bulbasaur walks to Chariza. You follow him. Bulbasaur says “Bulba! Bulbasaur!” and gives Chariza the good luch charm. Chariza becomes happy once more and thanks Bulbasaur. She asks if he wants to join him again. Bulbasaur nods and walks so that he stands beside Chariza. Chariza gives you ‘Chariza’s Rope’ as thanks. Her mother didn’t want her to do dangerous things anyways.

uhm anyways, if anyone is interested, here is a link to the worked-out version

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZtrOD2xzk4_oFybkBz4dZj0UgpLegyqg7o4XGUl8pmA/edit?usp=sharing

Tickles:
I will say, I'm impressed. It's a nice simple quest, but there is a good story line within it. I'm going to go ahead and put that in the quest section and give credit. Also, on letting you guys lay with what we have, that's the issue. We don't have anything. I'm not sure what happened to our mapper, and haven' heard from them, some of us tried our hand at designing the world map, but it ended up a mess because some of the tile files we needed became corrupt. We do have a few of the game-play mechanics done, and NPC scripting is 90% done for the beta. The reason I'm telling you guys this is to get you out of the dark. I am also working on ways you guys can contribute, and might post that later on depending if I get any response from the remaining devs. Right now, I am the only one actively working on getting the project back on track, though Roloc is around and he is keeping a close eye on our battle testing server.

Also, just because it needs to be said, a rule here is not to double, triple, or quadruple post. I merged your posts together, but if you need to add something, just clock the wrench icon, and you can easily edit your last post. fuzzy, tell you girlfriend I said thanks, and if the account activation allows her to log on, let her know to contact me directly.

fuzzy3158:
Right, sorry about the multiple post. I'll remember the edit ability.

And my girlfriend is already on it more than I am, she actually pointed out your post to me :p

She's pretty much already on it, with the development toolkit being open, and her already putting lots of time into making games with RPGmaker.

I'll see if there's anything that I'd be able+willing to do. I've got a lot of time on my hands that could be spend... better...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version