* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

2023 Check in by Gawerty
[March 28, 2023, 12:41:12 am]

Holy crap my login worked. by Ez
[December 03, 2020, 08:56:26 am]

Been a while. by Bing
[July 13, 2019, 04:47:06 am]

Was Feeling Nostalgic (Pokemon Knights) by Monzta
[October 24, 2018, 07:37:00 am]

Old Habits Die Hard by Miss Wednesday
[January 23, 2018, 12:35:35 am]

WHY IS EVERYONE MISSING by Tickles
[September 16, 2017, 08:20:25 pm]

Been a long time. by Monzta
[August 27, 2017, 03:18:58 pm]

Pokemon Universe Tribute Thread by Jerry
[September 29, 2016, 06:41:31 pm]

Author Topic: ALERT! PU NEEDS MOTIVATION!  (Read 58707 times)

Offline GoldenBurr

• Beginning Trainer
  • Magikarp, Honey, Rest. All I need.
    • View Profile
Re: ALERT! PU NEEDS MOTIVATION!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 06:14:25 am »
Huh, I've been here for a bit... in the shadows after my initial burst of fun in the sun.  I'm not one for words, but I've been rooting for this the entire time, and still am.  I'm just not quite active on displaying this, which I'm sorry for!  I don't think one user makes much of a difference, but I'm sure there's plenty of us who, like me, have just been faces in the background and silently cheering on. 

So, I guess it's time for a proactive approach (and hopefully others follow suit). I may be up to my ears with college studies, but that doesn't stop me from sending out word to some people who could possibly help. 

Not sure what a "mapper" entails, but I know a guy who I've used in the past to make little d&d encounter maps... plus he's in college for video game coding and stuff to boot!  Would that be of any help?

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2014, 01:33:37 pm »
Actually, yes, that would help a lot.

Edit: I think an update is in order. Over the past few days, Yuki, Roloc, and I have been hard at work on content for the game. We have a few interiors  done, and Yuki had the first town completed. I am still accepting pokedex entries, and Zatir is back to work on the editor. Declan has also contacted, and promises something special for all of you. Things are rolling again, but I can't promise a release date just yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:50:34 pm by Xetroc »
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline Legenden

• New Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2014, 10:14:52 pm »
This is my first post i think :p I usually just come here one time a week or so to see if there are any updates. Have not had anything to say so..

The thing that made me interested in this game is that it is going to be a whole new world to explore, and that is always fun :)

Don't know what more to say.. I jus hope you will continue with the game and that one day i can play it :)
This was probably the most useless post in this thread but just wanted you to know that I look forward to a game :p Hope it helped with something..

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2014, 07:07:18 am »
So, I was just thinking, and I think we should plan some sort of PU event to take place this Summer. I'm really not sure what, because I'm really not good with these kinds of things. I think we should do something that doesn't involve PO though, I think we need something on the forums. It might attract some attention, and possibly get the forums going a little bit more.

The key to getting more people involved in the development is to "rebuild" the forums. If we attract people to the forums, forum activity will increase. An increase in forum activity will encourage people to return to/join the forums. And the cycle continues on. Not only could it provide a boost in morale to both the team and the members of the forum, it will also likely yield more people who can join the development team.

I think one of the biggest issues is that only the RP and Guild threads are really active. I understand why; most (if not all) of the active members are part of a guild, and lots of them are RPers. Since the guilds were made so early on, there aren't many guild-related things for the members to talk about. These threads basically serve the purpose of the old Chit Chat thread. It's all random conversations about various topics. I think that, in the future, we're going to need to start making threads for these conversations. I think people might be more compelled to join in on a conversation if it's not in a guild thread.

Also, as a later goal, I would like to see the IRC active again. I've seen people on the forums say that they mostly hang out on the PU balance server (which is fine), but I have some fond memories of the IRC, and I know there will be people (like me) that would prefer to use the IRC channel instead of downloading PO solely for the purpose of hanging out with the other members.

I had more, but I'm getting tired now, and forgot the rest of what I wanted to say. I highly encourage everyone to try to get the forums active again though. I don't think we'll be able to make much progress at this time of year, but if we collaborate and start getting ready to get things going when the school year is over, I believe we can make some progress.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should start a separate thread for this topic.

Offline Yume Tsuki

• Pixel Artist
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • (/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art page
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2014, 11:40:58 am »
Gotta say I agree with that, when I wasn't part of a guild I never looked in the pokemon knights topic, because it was a guild, and I didn't expect any conversations about other things than just the guild...

Claiming that someone else's marriage is against your religion is like being angry at someone for eating a doughnut because you're on a diet.

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2014, 05:34:31 pm »
So, I was just thinking, and I think we should plan some sort of PU event to take place this Summer. I'm really not sure what, because I'm really not good with these kinds of things. I think we should do something that doesn't involve PO though, I think we need something on the forums. It might attract some attention, and possibly get the forums going a little bit more.

I agree mostly. Though I think it should have both a forum thing and a PO thing, last time we streamed PO over the forums and it was quite successful. It had something like 60+ viewers at one point. I imagine it would be even more this time as I have our balance server set to public and we get random people in all the time. Some like the idea of a balanced meta game others do not. Can't please everyone though.

I think one of the biggest issues is that only the RP and Guild threads are really active. I understand why; most (if not all) of the active members are part of a guild, and lots of them are RPers. Since the guilds were made so early on, there aren't many guild-related things for the members to talk about. These threads basically serve the purpose of the old Chit Chat thread. It's all random conversations about various topics. I think that, in the future, we're going to need to start making threads for these conversations. I think people might be more compelled to join in on a conversation if it's not in a guild thread.

I completely 100% agree. Thats why EE keeps it's guild thread about 95% guild talk, and chit chats on the balance server.

Also, as a later goal, I would like to see the IRC active again. I've seen people on the forums say that they mostly hang out on the PU balance server (which is fine), but I have some fond memories of the IRC, and I know there will be people (like me) that would prefer to use the IRC channel instead of downloading PO solely for the purpose of hanging out with the other members.

I would like to see IRC active again, it seems so dead lately. Though I will probably never return to it. PO takes about 1-5 mins to download depending on your internet connection. IRC needs to be downloaded as well unless you plan on using a web client at all times which is highly unlikely as the constant DC's will get annoying(Happens to everyone, I used to be on IRC 24/7 and saw tons of web client related issues) so either way you end up downloading something. Also in the near future PO will be able to be accessed via web client. :D But, we do need both so we need someone to bring IRC back from the grave.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 05:37:21 pm by Roloc »
Team Attack Coverage Calculator
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline Declan_23

• Quest/NPC Yoda
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2014, 06:31:44 pm »
I'm frequently on IRC (Y) yaaaay!

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2014, 05:00:36 am »
I would like to see IRC active again, it seems so dead lately. Though I will probably never return to it. PO takes about 1-5 mins to download depending on your internet connection. IRC needs to be downloaded as well unless you plan on using a web client at all times which is highly unlikely as the constant DC's will get annoying(Happens to everyone, I used to be on IRC 24/7 and saw tons of web client related issues) so either way you end up downloading something. Also in the near future PO will be able to be accessed via web client. :D But, we do need both so we need someone to bring IRC back from the grave.
I don't ever recall having problems with DCing myself, but I do remember Kamaran and Spirit having issues with it. Other than that, all I saw was the occasional DC or ghost problem. Maybe back then the problem wasn't as common, it could be a newer issue that popped up. My memory is kinda fuzzy.

So long as I've taken the initiative to try to get the forums going again, I could be our "official" forum reconstruction guy. That way you guys can focus more on the game, while some of the remaining members and I can work on rebuilding the forums. Since further development of the game will contribute to the re-population of the forums, and vice versa, I think it would be beneficial to have two separate groups working on the game and the forums. Not that we don't need the team's help, of course. It would just take some of the burden off of you guys and help you focus on the game.

Offline Tickles

• Last of the Writers
  • Elite Trainer
  • Currently being awesome... please wait
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2014, 05:05:59 am »
 Go for it. I'm sure you can figure something out. We would greatly appreciate that. We are working hard on the game, and want to give you guys a good experience too, but that was already our focus.
Find me on Steam: Sir Ticklesword

Offline TrainerX

• Good Trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2014, 05:14:00 am »
Alright, I will begin brainstorming and devising plans. At some point I'll probably get a thread started for this, to help keep things organized.

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2014, 05:16:15 am »
Hey, I'm gonna go work on some POkedex entries now that I have writing interest again, also, Nice name change Toast xD

I can't get over the name...
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2014, 05:26:58 am »
I don't ever recall having problems with DCing myself, but I do remember Kamaran and Spirit having issues with it. Other than that, all I saw was the occasional DC or ghost problem. Maybe back then the problem wasn't as common, it could be a newer issue that popped up. My memory is kinda fuzzy.

Nah, it was always a problem, even when you were getting on IRC. I remember when you were getting on. :) Don't forget I'm one of those old members too :D I even remember when you joined. Was like a month after I made this account to replace my old one.
Great idea though, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Good luck.

@GBA
What took so long? :O get to work, kitteh!
Damage Calculator
"Gimmicks only get you so far in a fight without the skill set to back them up."

Offline The-Blades-slave

• Balance Tester
  • Good Trainer
  • I heed the command of the blade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2014, 05:28:52 am »
I would help, but I suck at writing. so I will cheer you guys on from the background. Have fun, and good work all.

Daylin: 35/100

Offline Desbear

• Soryboard Writer
  • PU Trial-Team
  • Elite Trainer
  • TRANSMISSION_FOUND
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2014, 05:30:43 am »
Hey, I can understand that. It feels more natural to be called by one of my characters name that I generally use for usernames, than my real name. I spend a lot of time writing, though.

@Roloc

I'M SORRY. I WAS USING PAYDAY FOR YOU AND MISS WEDNESDAY! ;A;
TRANSMISSION_END

Offline Roloc

• Lead Gameplay Balancer
  • Administrator
  • Good Trainer
  • Ivysaur anyone?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2014, 05:31:57 am »
Blades, you know you want to do Delibird.

You.

Know.

You.

Want.

To.

._.
Damage Calculator